• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

RC

Banned
Can't win even when you're CLEARLY better, huh? Doesn't bode well for your future.

Our records are almost indentical. Oh no, we're just as good as the Sharks! Might as well just cancel the fucking season.

The curse of the dreaded underwater animals.

I will not be using it for Hawks games. I can get them here on cable. I will be using it for watching other teams. I can't stand the quality of less savory sources of watching.

Can't get an advance on your allowance?

crickets.gif

I have the money, would just prefer to not spend that. I could have sworn there was a site to trade in giftcards, but I can't find it anymore...

Edit: Aha, found it for anyone interested.

RC

Banned
In a shootout. We kicked their asses tonight. Only reason that game was as close as it was was because the Hawks stopped playing after the 1st.

I hate to admit this. It literally poison's my soul. But Chicago's winning the cup this year.

What games did you trade in?

Super Mario 64 DS, New Super Mario Bros, Metroid Prime Hunters, FFIII, some old pokemon ones I can't remember and LoZ: Spirit Tracks/PH.

Bought a game too, though don't remember the exact amount. The net was over $80 dollars IIRC, though.

Canucks can't win without Bieksa for some reason. Defense is a mess, power play is a mess.

Schneider and Luongo have to steal some games until Bieksa is healthy again.

RC

Banned
Canucks can't win without Bieksa for some reason. Defense is a mess, power play is a mess.

Schneider and Luongo have to steal some games until Bieksa is healthy again.

Lou and Schneids are back to mere mortal status. So we're fucked without Boom Boom.

I use gamecenter for Hawks games even though I get them on TV. Using a proxy is as easy as ______ [put in your own dirty reference here]

I'm drunk and you're not old enough to drink. By American standards anyway.

Eh. Most stuff over here tastes like piss anyways.

unless you're in the heart of the city. Otherwise it's either that or you pay out of the ass for it at a place like binny's. Better things to waste money on than that.

RC

Banned
Eh. Most stuff over here tastes like piss anyways.

unless you're in the heart of the city. Otherwise it's either that or you pay out of the ass for it at a place like binny's. Better things to waste money on than that.

That Binny's ad is annoying as hell. Made the few Blackhawks games I've watched this season intolerable. Although that Ford ad with Towes and Kane is even worse.

Tabris

The only positives about the Canucks right now is Hansen, Raymond, Burrows, and the Sedins.

I still am lenient on Booth. I mentally was prepared to give him 10 games to get back into form. But not happy with anyone else.

Nice thing is we always tend to come out of losing streaks to go on even better winning streaks, so I'm not worried.

RC

Banned
None of those are as bad as "ALL I DO IS WEEN WEEN" though

Great. Now it's stuck in my head.

The only positives about the Canucks right now is Hansen, Raymond, Burrows, and the Sedins.

I still am lenient on Booth. I mentally was prepared to give him 10 games to get back into form. But not happy with anyone else.

Nice thing is we always tend to come out of losing streaks to go on even better winning streaks, so I'm not worried.

We're destined for a first round exit, and years of mediocrity afterwards. This team is old, and it's best years are behind it. The sooner you shut the fuck up and accept that, the better.

Tabris

Old? There's only 5 people older than 30. The Sedins, Burrows, Luongo, and Bieksa (there's also Alberts and Maholtra but wouldn't count those).

Those are still are best players and have ramped up their games since the first 10 games (except Luongo, who was amazing until that 8 goal game breakdown).

You know what all youth gets you?

12 EDMONTON NW 22 8-9-5 21

Of course you won't listen to any rationality here because you have your... what's the opposite of rose coloured glasses? extremely depressing glasses? on.

EDIT - And I like the song All I Do Is Win :p A good pump up song.

RC

Banned
Old? There's only 5 people older than 30. The Sedins, Burrows, Luongo, and Bieksa (there's also Alberts and Maholtra but wouldn't count those).

Those are still are best players and have ramped up their games since the first 10 games (except Luongo, who was amazing until that 8 goal game breakdown).

You know what all youth gets you?

12 EDMONTON NW 22 8-9-5 21

Of course you won't listen to any rationality here because you have your... what's the opposite of rose coloured glasses? extremely depressing glasses? on.

The majority of our core is past 30. That's old, by NHL standards.
Rationality? This coming from someone who wouldn't shut up about destiny in 2011, and "foresaw" us winning the cup in 2012? You're living a fantasy. Where unbridled optimism and delusion go hand in hand. Wake up, and truly see your team for what they are. A shell of their former selves.

Acid08

Banned
"Pretty entertaining game there, especially at the end," Schneider said. "We worked hard, put a lot of pucks to the net, and had some opportunities late, but Niemi played really good. Seems he's been doing that a lot this year."

"People kept talking about how this team doesn't have any offense, but as far as I could see they are pretty dangerous," Schneider said of the Sharks. "Especially 4-on-4 when they get open ice like that."

Schneider has a crush on the Sharks.

Rationality? This coming from someone who wouldn't shut up about destiny in 2011, and "foresaw" us winning the cup in 2012? You're living a fantasy. Where unbridled optimism and delusion go hand in hand. Wake up, and truly see your team for what they are. A shell of their former selves.
The only problem with the Canucks and their future, is that they're so reliant on the Sedins. Once they stop being elite talent, they won't have anyone to replace them. We have a solid enough farm system to replace top six or top four talent, but there isn't anyone in our system that we could classify as elite. Hell, our top five prospects is Jensen, Gaunce, Corrado, Lack and Schroeder. Basically in terms of potential, two top-9 centres, a top six winger, a top four dman and a starting goaltender.

Tabris

Rationality? This coming from someone who wouldn't shut up about destiny in 2011, and "foresaw" us winning the cup in 2012? Wake up, Tabris.

Our core is Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, Schneider, Edler, Bieksa, and Hamhuis? That's half over 30. You know, except for Kane and Toews being young, we're not that far off from the Blackhawks in terms of age.

And we were damn close to it in 2011 and who knows in 2012 if it wasn't for Duncan Keith. Shit happens but stop giving up.

Tabris

The only problem with the Canucks and their future, is that they're so reliant on the Sedins. Once they stop being elite talent, they won't have anyone to replace them. We have a solid enough farm system to replace top six or top four talent, but there isn't anyone in our system that we could classify as elite. Hell, our top five prospects is Jensen, Gaunce, Corrado, Lack and Schroeder. Basically in terms of potential, two top-9 centres, a top six winger, a top four dman and a starting goaltender.

Even though we disagree often, these were words of wisdom. The issue in a couple of years will be replacing the Sedins. Will most likely need to do it through free agency as Vancouver isn't a city that will be fine with tanking it to get elite players.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Our core is Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, Schneider, Edler, Bieksa, and Hamhuis? That's half over 30. You know, except for Kane and Toews being young, we're not that far off from the Blackhawks in terms of age.

And we were damn close to it in 2011 and who knows in 2012 if it wasn't for Duncan Keith. Shit happens but stop giving up.

no.

Top Bottom