• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

You think it's a joke? Respek is no laughing matter

tumblr_mv9nvqgWDg1shr61qo1_500.gif

Hey! I remember that thing. Next we need a coach that looks like a talking pineapple.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I tried, I really try to forget about this team, I was feeling good, not stressed about worrying how they were doing. Felt like I could breathe some fresh air....

Then today rolls around, and I get an envelope from work. Inside there are two tickets to next Tuesday's game at the Joe against none other than Toronto.....

It's like faith does not want me to stop watching this team, you were right Soc, I have tried but there is always something that pulls me back in. I both love it and hate it.

So long story short:

Forget about worrying about the Wings
Feeling good, not stressed
Get tickets for Tuesdays game against Toronto
Get pulled back into it

Go Griffins!

Curufinwe

I think Ehlers'll be a lot higher by draft day.

Ehlers, Fleury and Kapanen are my favorites for the Flyers, but might all be a little high for us. McKeown might be a more reasonable hope.

I'm expecting a pick between 10 and 13, unless they win the lottery. Fleury or Ehlers would be nice.

Sanjuro

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I tried, I really try to forget about this team, I was feeling good, not stressed about worrying how they were doing. Felt like I could breathe some fresh air....

Then today rolls around, and I get an envelope from work. Inside there are two tickets to next Tuesday's game at the Joe against none other than Toronto.....

It's like faith does not want me to stop watching this team, you were right Soc, I have tried but there is always something that pulls me back in. I both love it and hate it.

So long story short:

Forget about worrying about the Wings
Feeling good, not stressed
Get tickets for Tuesdays game against Toronto
Get pulled back into it

Go Griffins!

ibtykOLYUrlkjb.gif

Yikes...anyway, I thought you were already a Griffins fan? I guess the distance is pretty far off.

Lifelong P-Bruins fan here. Love the AHL.

I just hope they actually make it a good game, last game I went to they sucked it up against Calgary. Though Toronto is good and we suck (never thought I would say that)

Spl1nter

This years draft is such a shit show after the top 4. Not going to draft anywhere close to rankings. Players are rising and dropping like crazy.

I really would love for the Wild to take Dal Colle but it doesnt seem likely. At all.

I really think they'll take Larkin or Schmaltz. Leaning toward the former rather than latter. They both just seem like guys the Wild would take.

Ehlers, if he continues to fall, would also he a likely choice I think. Kind of blows they dont have a second rounder anymore but maybe Moulson will make it worth it if he goes on a tear in the playoffs and/or re-signs.

I really would love for the Wild to take Dal Colle but it doesnt seem likely. At all.

I really think they'll take Larkin or Schmaltz. Leaning toward the former rather than latter. They both just seem like guys the Wild would take.

Ehlers, if he continues to fall, would also he a likely choice I think. Kind of blows they dont have a second rounder anymore but maybe Moulson will make it worth it if he goes on a tear in the playoffs and/or re-signs.

Really hope Schmaltz drops to EDM's 2nd. Would be great to have both of them.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Apparently tomorrow night's game at the Coliseum will feature a walkout early in the second to protest management being terrible.

I'm going to be there, not planning to walk out though. I got tickets for 6 bucks and I'm gonna sit there and watch Ryan Strome and Anders Lee, desperately looking for a reason not to be hockey-depressed.

SEXW2Go.gif

Acid08

Banned
Didn't realize it before but we shutout Montreal both games this season. May be the first time in franchise history we've shutout a team in every meeting in a season.

And Nabby is finally going to play against us tonight. Either he'll be extra motivated and shut us out, or, he'll spectacularly shit the bed and let in 5 or 6.

Sanjuro

Stubhub is a hell of a site.

I remember having a discussion where people were making fun of me for suggesting it. Unless you're looking for tickets for a sold out/sought after game, there are some absolutely fantastic deals to be had.

Most under face value, now can all be printed without hassle.

Razorskin

----- ------
ISS top 30.

http://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-30-released-march/

1 Aaron Ekblad D
2 Sam Reinhart C
3 Sam Bennett C/LW
4 Michael Dal Colle C/LW
5 William Nylander C
6 Leon Draisaitl C
7 Brendan Perlini LW
8 Jake Virtanen LW
9 Alex Tuch RW
10 Haydn Fleury LD
11 Joshua Ho-Sang RW
12 Nicholas Ritchie LW
13 Kasperi Kapanen RW
14 Nikolaj Ehlers LW
15 Jared McCann C
16 Dylan Larkin LW
17 Roland McKeown D
18 Sonny Milano LW
19 Nikolay Goldobin RW
20 Ivan Barbashev C
21 Robby Fabbri C
22 Conner Bleackley C/RW
23 Adrian Kempe C
24 Nikita Scherbak LW
25 Anton Karlsson LW
26 Vladislav Kamenev C
27 David Pastrnak LW
28 Connor Chatham RW
29 Ryan MacInnis LW
30 Alex Peters D

Hardly any Defencemen in the 1st round.

Socreges

Banned
6th overall is definitely within reach. Canucks are ahead of a few teams who have games in hand. They just need to continue shitting the bed. And I have much faith that they can do just that.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
6th overall is definitely within reach. Canucks are ahead of a few teams who have games in hand. They just need to continue shitting the bed. And I have much faith that they can do just that.

Burrows is gonna start scoring every game and fuck that up too.

But yeah, 6th pick is within reach I agree. Sens/Perds/Hurricane need to win at least every once in a while though.

Who in the fuck is ever going to trade for Yakupov? Dreger talking like it's just going to happen next season. Even if Edmonton wants him gone they won't get anything that they're gonna be asking for and quite frankly even at a much lower price it's a tough sell. He needs to be dumped into the AHL for a few years but knowing him he'd just go sign with the KHL.

Erdrick

This is great.

Tavares read a story online about a kid getting mocked at the MTS Centre for supporting the Isles and then decided to send him a new, signed jersey, as well as promising to invite him to a practice skate next time the Isles were visiting the Jets.

I've always been a fan of Tavares but this just is so nice of him and all else involved. I understand ribbing some people a little bit when they are wearing other team jerseys, but to make some kid cry... No way man.

Respect for Tavares and the Islanders organization +1.

Hey Sanjuro sorry about that on TitanFall. My microphone was messed up and I was trying to figure out what was going on so that's why I wasn't talking.

Apparently my gamertag was signed into the Xbox but I wasn't signed into my gamertag. It makes about as much sense as you would think. All I had to do was go to the home screen and click on my profile then say choose this person.

Dumb.

They might. Center depth is nonexistent.

They lost their first rounder this year right? This draft looks decent for forwards so even if it isn't Schmaltz you'll do alright.

Think Ott will get re-signed?

Sanjuro

Hey Sanjuro sorry about that on TitanFall. My microphone was messed up and I was trying to figure out what was going on so that's why I wasn't talking.

Apparently my gamertag was signed into the Xbox but I wasn't signed into my gamertag. It makes about as much sense as you would think. All I had to do was go to the home screen and click on my profile then say choose this person.

Dumb.

They lost their first rounder this year right? This draft looks decent for forwards so even if it isn't Schmaltz you'll do alright.

Think Ott will get re-signed?

I got that weird freeze where it boots you back to the home screen. Wasn't able to jump back in.

I've had that happen a couple, maybe few times now. Regardless, I'm adoring this game right now. Up there with Halo 2 and CoD4 for MP games that just drew me in immediately.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So my new coworker lived and worked in the US for TWENTY YEARS, has a university science degree and was forced to leave because apparently that's still not enough to get a green card. Wtf is up with your immigration laws oO. How do you deny someone who's lived and worked for 20 years and most of their life a green card oO

Edit: Her parents live and work in the US too and she's working in research, so not just some lousy job. Apparently her university didn't sponsor green card applications for anyone, but why would someone who's lived and worked in the country for twenty years even still NEED sponsorship.

Top Bottom