• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
BjImdnhIMAA9r5o.jpg

:lol

Solo

Who was it that said the Leafs could possibly wrap up a playoff spot with 4 wins this week vs Wash, Det, TB, and Mon?

0 for 3 so far....... :lol

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Leafs lost this game before the refs fucked up on that call.

They fucked up two.

The first one caused a goal, the second one killed any potential comeback.

We were one goal behind... and were supposed to be going into 4v4 and a PP.... So at the moment the ref decided to become the game hero, it was still very much in play.

yyzjohn

Banned
Leafs lost this game before the refs fucked up on that call.

Momentum was on the Leafs side if the game stayed 4-3 you never know. The non call on the 5-3 goal and then cause Leafs were complaining he calls a chintzy call on JVR to further squash any chance at a goal.

Red_Man

They fucked up two.

The first one caused a goal, the second one killed any potential comeback.

We were one goal behind... and were supposed to be going into 4v4 and a PP.... So at the moment the ref decided to become the game hero, it was still very much in play.
Clarkson penalty wasn't a botched one. That was a good penalty, and regardless the Leafs let the best shooter in the league have his way on the ice. The refs aren't the ones to blame for this one.

DopeyFish

Back to blaming refs huh? The old Leafs really are back.

Not blaming the refs for the loss. Blaming the refs for ensuring bolts victory.

We most likely would have lost anyways. Just dont like a game being decided by the refs because in the end the team can blame the ref instead of themselves.

Clarkson penalty wasn't a botched one. That was a good penalty, and regardless the Leafs let the best shooter in the league have his way on the ice. The refs aren't the ones to blame for this one.

Talking about gleason interference and JVR "hold"
what the hell does clarkson have to do with anything lol

Bad calls happen, there's nothing you can do when they happen except play your game. If a team gets deflated over a bad call that's on them. It's normal to be salty about it becomes a slippery slope when you lose perspective. Large portion of this game is playing through frustrations, disappointments and mistakes even when you're not responsible for causing them.

edit: Berra pls.

yyzjohn

Banned
Bad calls happen, there's nothing you can do when they happen except play your game. If a team gets deflated over a bad call that's on them. It's normal to be salty about it becomes a slippery slope when you lose perspective. Large portion of this game is playing through frustrations, disappointments and mistakes even when you're not responsible for causing them.

Tough pill to swallow when a bad call leads directly to the goal like 3 seconds later and it's already late in the 3rd. Not like there was a lot of time left to regroup.

DopeyFish

Bolts were on the PP, bolts player blindsides our defenseman away from the play (on the blueline) and knocks him down, skates in to the now open lane going in 5 on 3 and receives a pass and scores.

There's no excuse for not calling that. Its a penalty 1000000000% of the time.

Bolts were on the PP, bolts player blindsides our defenseman away from the play (on the blueline) and knocks him down, skates in to the now open lane going in 5 on 3 and receives a pass and scores.

There's no excuse for not calling that. Its a penalty 1000000000% of the time.

Sure, I understand that. Avs have had shit like that happen I don't know how many times in the last few seasons. Difference is even when we lost games that had crucial bad calls in them I never felt as though the refs were to blame for where the Avs ultimately ended up. Bad team getting bad breaks.

Red_Man

Talking about gleason interference and JVR "hold"
what the hell does clarkson have to do with anything lol
When you said "the first one..." I thought you were referring to the first penalty of the game. Misunderstood your post, Gleason interference was definitely a botched one.

DopeyFish

When you said "the first one..." I thought you were referring to the first penalty of the game. Misunderstood your post, Gleason interference was definitely a botched one.

Also we deserve every penalty that clarkson gets as a reminder to how bad his contract is

Top Bottom