• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

GCK4NYA.gif

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Good game. Hope Boston wins tonight so we can take away their winning streak monday!

Merguson

Banned
Bernier wins us this game easily, 3 of the 4 goals dont go in. Did you not watch the tampa game? Leafs start down 1-0 becuase Reimer lets in one of the worst goals of the season.

To be fair, Bernier lets in his handful of weak goals.

But hard to come back when your goalie has a .667 save percentage within the first seven minutes of the game.

zroid

Banned
As much as you can't blame Reimer for the Leafs' worst-in-the-league defence, the fact is Bernier is the reason we've made it as far in this season as we have. We can (usually) rely on him to compensate for our significant weaknesses. We (usually) can't rely on Reimer.

But hard to come back when your goalie has a .667 save percentage within the first seven minutes of the game.

It might have been a good idea for Carlyle to have kept Reimer in 'game shape' rather than ignore him for almost the entire 2nd half of the season.

As much as you can't blame Reimer for the Leafs' worst-in-the-league defence, the fact is Bernier is the reason we've made it as far in this season as we have. We can (usually) rely on him to compensate for our significant weaknesses. We (usually) can't rely on Reimer.

For sure. But Reimer was good last year for as many games as Bernier's been good this year. What happened?

But it's the significant weaknesses that are the most frustrating. This team has had the same issues since last April. The coaching staff has talked about fixing these things since October. Either the team Burke/Nonis built is barely play-off worthy (which could be the case), or the coaching staff isn't up to the task.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Weak excuse since Bernier has been a much better goalie this season.

not really weak excuse

competing goaltenders NEVER work

alternating starts, though? that's what should have been done. it's what should be done when you have a goaltending challenge. every. single. fucking. time. any coach that doesn't do this is an inept idiot.

the only thing reimer got good at over the course of the year was warming the bench.

see the oilers? they're doing it right.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It would be pretty awesome if the Leafs made it in the final spot and had to face Boston again.

Bournival is being called up tonight, great news.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
except this time boston will take care of them easily, can't see it going to game 7
I agree, it'd still be fun to watch though, and I'd rather let them beat each other up then have to face one of them in the first round.

Top Bottom