• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

The one thing you can't say about James Reimer is that he was never given a chance. There aren't too many people in the world that get the sort of shot he did, considering where he was drafted and the circumstances that lead to him getting his opportunity. The guy got three years to kick the can at being a starter and just couldn't get the job done.

Amazing.

Look at the numbers Reimer put up last year and look at Bernier's numbers this year. There's not a lot between them. And remember that this year's roster was 'improved' as per Carlyle's wishes.

Acid08

Banned
Ahahahaha first four Crapitals try gang up on Burns then a goal

Also I'M COMMANDER SHEPPARD AND THAT WAS MY FAVORITE GOAL ON THE CITADEL

ZeroGravity

845042223.gif

Amazing.

Look at the numbers Reimer put up last year and look at Bernier's numbers this year. There's not a lot between them. And remember that this year's roster was 'improved' as per Carlyle's wishes.

Last year was an anomaly and you know it. The team overall played better defensively because we dropped in a couple guys who were sharp from the minors, it was a shortened season, and we only played teams in the east.

Do you really think Reimer got it done tonight?

Samyy

Last year was an anomaly and you know it. The team overall played better defensively because we dropped in a couple guys who were sharp from the minors, it was a shortened season, and we only played teams in the east.

Do you really think Reimer got it done tonight?

I think its convenient for Leafs fans to blame goaltending but when in actuality the team is just really really really reallllly fucking shit.

They built it all wrong and I've been saying it forever, they choose to take shortcuts and in the end we have this mess.

I think its convenient for Leafs fans to blame goaltending but when in actuality the team is just really really really reallllly fucking shit.

They built it all wrong and I've been saying it forever, they choose to take shortcuts and in the end we have this mess.

Do you think James Reimer had a good game tonight?

Samyy

Do you think James Reimer had a good game tonight?

It think he was okay, nothing special but neither was the team in front of him.
But Simon, do you want a team that has to rely on all-star goaltending night after night to have a chance, because even Bernier is going to have bad stretches, any goalie in the NHL is and if our team can't play through a bump or two it just shows us how bad the underlying problems are overall.

This team is so shit defensively that even Bernier makes passive aggressive jabs at how terrible we are at it in his post-game interviews.

I don't know how any defensive in the NHL gives Rene Bourque a breakaway, or fails to clear the puck after holding it for a good 5 seconds on the PK, or simply can't clear the zone, or seemingly can't make simple passes in the neutral zone, or find some type of consistent secondary scoring, or play more then 2 lines a game, or not give up an average of 36-37 shots per game.

But Simon, do you want a team that has to rely on all-star goaltending night after night to have a chance, because even Bernier is going to have bad stretches, any goalie in the NHL is and if our team can't play through a bump or two it just shows us how bad the underlying problems are overall.

Of course I'd love to have a better team, but we would have won that game with 'league average' goaltending, and that's been the story of his last four starts.

Reimer was bad tonight. It's hard to fault him on Washington, Detroit and Tampa, but tonight there were goals that just went right through him. Also considering Price was pretty much mediocre tonight, he managed to be worse than Price.

Top Bottom