• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
not really weak excuse

competing goaltenders NEVER work

alternating starts, though? that's what should have been done. it's what should be done when you have a goaltending challenge. every. single. fucking. time. any coach that doesn't do this is an inept idiot.

the only thing reimer got good at over the course of the year was warming the bench.

see the oilers? they're doing it right.

Yes and they did alternate starts until Bernier proved he was the better goaltender. So what's the point you're trying to make right now?

Bernier solidified himself as the starter, last I checked the starter usually does get the majority of the starts.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Sorry just seeing somebody reference the Oilers as a team to learn from was funny.

i only said it because i still had CBC on and they mentioned they were having scrivens and fasth alternate their starts lol

Yes and they did alternate starts until Bernier proved he was the better goaltender. So what's the point you're trying to make right now?

Bernier solidified himself as the starter, last I checked the starter usually does get the majority of the starts.

they never did alternating starts. they did "whoever has the hot hand".

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I didn't even realize we're playing the Bruins again Monday night*, and while they're on their winning streak. What did I do to deserve such good fortune?

Edit: Monday, my days are messed up.

Bernier also had a longer leash than Reimer did. When Reimer fucked up, Bernier was in for 4-5 games, when Bernier fucked up, he would get at most...a day off? It wasn't until Carlyle just made Bernier start pretty much all of the games that Reimer plummeted playing wise. When he rotated them both in October-November and early December, they were legitimately the best duo in the NHL.

For sure, and I do think Bernier is the better goalie moving forward.

But it's been ridiculous how Reimer has been hung out to dry lately as the reason for the Leafs recent woes, when the team has been shockingly bad in several areas since the start of the year.

Even tonight, Reimer's 'bad' goals came on an pathetic giveaway/defensive play by Kessel, a breakaway, a redirection by Gleason, and an unlucky PP goal.

Bernier also had a longer leash than Reimer did. When Reimer fucked up, Bernier was in for 4-5 games, when Bernier fucked up, he would get at most...a day off? It wasn't until Carlyle just made Bernier start pretty much all of the games that Reimer plummeted playing wise. When he rotated them both in October-November and early December, they were legitimately the best duo in the NHL.

Exactly.

Acid08

Banned
1972251_10152121036492669_2118234324_n.jpg

HERT-A-WHIRL <33333333

not really weak excuse

competing goaltenders NEVER work

alternating starts, though? that's what should have been done. it's what should be done when you have a goaltending challenge. every. single. fucking. time. any coach that doesn't do this is an inept idiot.

the only thing reimer got good at over the course of the year was warming the bench.

see the oilers? they're doing it right.

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Seriously fuck Reimer. He has been a capital D-saster.

Heretic

LOL

The one thing you can't say about James Reimer is that he was never given a chance. There aren't too many people in the world that get the sort of shot he did, considering where he was drafted and the circumstances that lead to him getting his opportunity. The guy got three years to kick the can at being a starter and just couldn't get the job done.

Rob Soria &#8207;@Oil_Drop

Hallsy calling out the coach on the bench...not sure what to think of that. Kudos to Perron for trying to put it to an end.

AWE SHIT

HERE WE GO

Edit: nvm, Hall got Eakins suit wet :lol

Top Bottom