• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Oh you're still here?

For you, I'm always here.

Playing Titanfall and keeping with the score.

You're probably the worst fan in this thread, you don't deserve to see the Red Wings make the playoffs with how easy you bail on them every game.

To be honest, I don't really care and do as I please. But that's just me I guess.

Are you just happy someone is trying to take that title from you?

Eugh, I just want the New York Islanders to be a good team. Is that so much to ask for? I like them a lot!

How can I hold all these Original Six matchups??

Only 1940s kids will get this! Geriatric seniors hate this guy! Try this one weird trick to make your franchise seem better than other franchises!

Lol, the shot of the dude decked out in face paint with the Habs cape. There was a group of those dudes at the game in February talking maaaaaaaad shit before it started.

They ended up leaving with 10 minutes left in the third to a round of applause from our section :lol

lmao

Solo

Habs look really good. If there was a dark horse team in the east that could make it to the finals, I'd probably go with them.

As far as I'm concerned, if someone can beat Boston, than ANY of the 7 East teams has an equally good chance at going to the finals.

Pittsburgh don't scare me in the slightest.

Sanjuro

Only 1940s kids will get this! Geriatric seniors hate this guy! Try this one weird trick to make your franchise seem better than other franchises!

Lies. With hockey fans it makes more sense. Even if you don't go back to the 1940s, I remember a brand of hockey which had less beach teams.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Good period, I was afraid they would be sluggish to start.

Habs look really good. If there was a dark horse team in the east that could make it to the finals, I'd probably go with them.
Habs are hitting their stride and playing their best hockey right now, if Price can play at the highest level he's capable of, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go far.

ZeroGravity

As far as I'm concerned, if someone can beat Boston, than ANY of the 7 East teams has an equally good chance at going to the finals.
Of all the teams in the East, Montreal feels like they have the best chance of actually doing that.
I really would eye you guys before anyone else and then Columbus after. Habs are okay, but I don't see them beating you guys.
Lightning would get destroyed by Boston.

Solo

Nor should they.

I only mentioned them since they are in a class with Boston points-wise.

But I've seen the Pens 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 meltdowns, and their D and goaltending has never gotten better during that stretch, so they are pretenders. Boston is the only Goliath in the East. After that, there are 7 hopeful Davids.

Sanjuro

I only mentioned them since they are in a class with Boston points-wise.

But I've seen the Pens 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 meltdowns, and their D and goaltending has never gotten better during that stretch, so they are pretenders. Boston is the only Goliath in the East. After that, there are 7 hopeful Davids.

We are no Goliath! We couldn't even beat a lowly Habs team trying to tank.

Red_Man

The only playoff teams that scare me right now in the East are the Flyers and Tampa because I think Bishop can steal a series.

Not sure why Dreger would say something like that based on a feeling, he knows the kind of shit storm he can create by just saying that. I don't even want to imagine what kind of offer it would take to acquire Tavares.

You answered your own question, Red!

If you buy into the theory that Dreger is a Nonis operative, he drops the steaming turd in order to deflect attention away from the awful job the front office and coaching staff has done since last year.

Solo

We are no Goliath! We couldn't even beat a lowly Habs team trying to tank.

I see there being 6 Goliaths in the NHL this year. Boston in the east, and Chi/LA/Ana/STL/SJ in the west.

One of those 6 is your Cup winner unless someone goes on a Cinderella run of the highest order.

Red_Man

You answered your own question, Red!

If you buy into the theory that Dreger is a Nonis operative, he drops the steaming turd in order to deflect attention away from the awful job the front office and coaching staff has done since last year.
He just tweeted something like "I know I said that stuff about Tavares but it's just random speculation no need to make a big deal" an hour ago. Guy knows exactly what he's doing, and maybe you're right, maybe it's an attempt at a smokescreen for Nonis. I think he's just not putting much thought into what he says.

Sanjuro

I see there being 6 Goliaths in the NHL this year. Boston in the east, and Chi/LA/Ana/STL/SJ in the west.

One of those 6 is your Cup winner unless someone goes on a Cinderella run of the highest order.

If we match up against STL, I'll want to kill myself.

I think there will be a few spoiler teams this season. I don't see one team trouncing everyone else.

Sanjuro

Speaking of which, have you prayed at them lately? We're playing the Canucks soon. If you sacrifice a bread offering we might beat them 8-1?

I think more often than not, drunks wandering through the park pee on them.

OR

We put Red Sox beards on them.

mNK2LOH.jpg

He just tweeted something like "I know I said that stuff about Tavares but it's just random speculation no need to make a big deal" an hour ago. Guy knows exactly what he's doing, and maybe you're right, maybe it's an attempt at a smokescreen for Nonis. I think he's just not putting much thought into what he says.

I agree. A big part of his job is to create news - probably more so than report on it. Hell, I even knew he was talking out of his ass but I allowed myself to think about how great it would be to have any one of the guys he named.

Except for Staal. Bad contract and he'd probably cost us Kadri and Gardiner.

Of course that means Staal will come to Toronto for Kadri, Reimer, Gardiner and a 1st.

Red_Man

That TSN opening reel is so bad.

Oh god Milbury is on here, gross. And Aaron Ward is weird looking. He's too red and also has a bunch of makeup on?
I just realized you mistook Kieth Jones for Milbury :lol all white people look the same though

I agree. A big part of his job is to create news - probably more so than report on it. Hell, I even knew he was talking out of his ass but I allowed myself to think about how great it would be to have any one of the guys he named.
It's just annoying because he's one of the biggest insiders in the league with some of the most connections, he doesn't need to throw random shit at the wall like a Bruce Garrioch.

pringles

Could the Wings have made it any easier for the Habs that period? There were like 3-4 unforced giveaways before both goals. Sad.

At least the kid line is playing well. Again. Why is it that every veteran is playing like shit right now? Hey Alfie, want to make the playoffs? Time to show up.

I think more often than not, drunks wandering through the park pee on them.

OR

We put Red Sox beards on them.

TIL Red Sox beards are a thing.

And that Boston constantly angers the Duck gods by pouring second-hand American beer on them (Get it? Because American beer is watered down piss? Ha ha, clever, inaccurate and unique stereotype jokes!)...

Either way; vengeance will be ours.

Sanjuro

TIL Red Sox beards are a thing.

And that Boston constantly angers the Duck gods by pouring second-hand American beer on them (Get it? Because American beer is watered down piss? Ha ha, clever, inaccurate and unique stereotype jokes!)...

Either way; vengeance will be ours.

You ain't original six. NOBODY knows about your animated series!

Merguson

Banned
Going from Moulson to Vanek to ?????

Yeah, I would want out too.

EDIT: Not that it's actually happening. It was a speculative discussion on the radio. No big deal.

Top Bottom