• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hopefully the Habs are ready to play against the Detroit Nyquist's.

Damn Seguin is like 4th in scoring, thats ridiculous
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

So tonight, I'm part of Habs-GAF.

:(
Tonight we are all Habs fans, which means they'll probably lose just to screw the Leafs.

9Gt62.gif

pringles

Jurco is returning tonight. Once upon a time 3 months ago he was called up because of injuries. Now twice as many injuries make his return from injury feel like a huge reinforcement.

Red_Man

Remaining strength of schedule for the East:

BjwSp2ZCUAAx890.jpg

Caps in tough, and Tampa has the easiest schedule left. It would be nice if Montreal could get home ice since Therrien is terrible at line matching, but I don't expect it at this point.

Can't wait to see the Wild get destroyed again tonight.

Anyway, thoughts from you guys on the non-disciplinary action on Nino for the hit against Burrows last night?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

BjwSp2ZCUAAx890.jpg

Caps in tough, and Tampa has the easiest schedule left. It would be nice if Montreal could get home ice since Therrien is terrible at line matching, but I don't expect it at this point.

Ahem. Might want to check that again.

Razorskin

----- ------

BjwSp2ZCUAAx890.jpg

Get that advanced stats bullshit out of here.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Pfft, you guys aren't any of our concern ;)
We'll see you in Game 82!

Seriously, though, we're doing a grand tour of the pantheon of suck the rest of the way here. Other than the Avs and the Habs, it's a total scrubfest.

Flames
Oilers
Canucks
Senators
Hurricanes
Sabres

Truly a who's who.

Which is why we're going to be about 2-5-1 the rest of the way.

Socreges

Banned
We'll see you in Game 82!

Seriously, though, we're doing a grand tour of the pantheon of suck the rest of the way here. Other than the Avs and the Habs, it's a total scrubfest.

Flames
Oilers
Canucks
Senators
Hurricanes
Sabres

Truly a who's who.

Which is why we're going to be about 2-5-1 the rest of the way.
Yep. Which is why the 'toughness' of the schedule is often meaningless. Teams with no pressure are dangerous.

Red_Man

The fact that Sean Avery still gets discussed in the media saddens me. Let that pile of shit rot into obscurity.

Red_Man

Dreger says that Tavares may possibly be reaching the point where he doesn't want to be in New York much longer. No intel, just a feeling.

Dreger "Rick Nash didn't want to be the guy to come home to Toronto. Tavares is the type of guy who could handle Toronto"

Not sure why Dreger would say something like that based on a feeling, he knows the kind of shit storm he can create by just saying that. I don't even want to imagine what kind of offer it would take to acquire Tavares.

Acid08

Banned
Not sure why Dreger would say something like that based on a feeling, he knows the kind of shit storm he can create by just saying that. I don't even want to imagine what kind of offer it would take to acquire Tavares.
Kessel would have to be involved imo. In the long run that's probably a good trade off for Toronto.

ZeroGravity

Do it Toronto.

Better them go after Tavares than Stamkos.

Red_Man

This "feeling" that Dreger had is probably the Taco Bell he had for lunch. If Tavares was ever going to leave NY it's going to be to a winning team.

Stamkos, Tavares, and Subban will all be Leafs during their 2017 cup win.

ZeroGravity

This "feeling" that Dreger had is probably the Taco Bell he had for lunch. If Tavares was ever going to leave NY it's going to be to a winning team.
Theoretically trading for Tavares would make the Leafs a winning team. Not championship caliber, but still a big step up from the Islanders.

If it doesn't work out, he signs big as a UFA in 2018 with someone else.

Top Bottom