• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
DAMMIT.

If anyone needs me I'll be in the angrydome.

tumblr_inline_n1va134Q5A1qhqsy9.gif

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Burst out laughing at his attempt, I've never even heard of him before.

He's one of the guys Howie Rose has been calling the "Bridgeport 10". Some of them are younguns showing potential like Anders Lee and Ryan Strome. Others are guys like Halmo who are just happy to be here.

He's not that bad, just that attempt was.

Chris R

Wait, the Avs GIVE away the Jerseys to random fans?

Whenever my ECHL team does something like that it is a auction post game with the prized jerseys raising like $5,000 for charity. The lowest ones even go for $500+

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lightning vs. Habs a virtual lock now.
See you on the other side
He's one of the guys Howie Rose has been calling the "Bridgeport 10". Some of them are younguns showing potential like Anders Lee and Ryan Strome. Others are guys like Halmo who are just happy to be here.

He's not that bad, just that attempt was.
I've heard of all their other young guys, but not Halmo, his attempt fits his name.

Red_Man

Reporter asked Price what he said to PK when he was hugging him, his response:

I was saying to PK 'Get off me.' I had no idea where puck was & wasn't in the mood for spooning at that point

:lol

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
So what team should I back in the playoffs this year?

My favorite player has always been Tkachuk, should I pull for the Coyotes & Blues?

Rangers need not apply. Win me over, playoffs-Gaf.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

My favorite player has always been Tkachuk, should I pull for the Coyotes & Blues?

CADUCKLES FLY TOGETHER

#CupForKoivu

#Teeeeeeeeeemuuuuuuuuu

Acid08

Banned

Plz cheer for Brent Burns he is a wookiee and needs love just like everybody else does

Red_Man

Cheering for legendary and fan favourite Islander Thomas Vanek should be the obvious choice.

Red_Man

lmao

Habs peaking at the right time, starting to have expectations placed on them though.

#FireTherrien
Averaging 4+ goals a game over these past 8 games or so, obviously playing above their SH% but they have so much depth right now, and with Gorges back for the playoffs the D will look much better along with Weaver. Really awesome to see them winning in a lot of different ways though, bodes well for playoff hockey, they seem much more prepared than last year.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Averaging 4+ goals a game over these past 8 games or so, obviously playing above their SH% but they have so much depth right now, and with Gorges back for the playoffs the D will look much better along with Weaver. Really awesome to see them winning in a lot of different ways though, bodes well for playoff hockey, they seem much more prepared than last year.

The depth is a big change from past seasons. We lost an entire fourth line, and the one we're dressing now is just as good or better. I know it's only a fourth line, but they're good defensively, and provide some good forechecking. Having guys like Briere and Gionta on a third line is great too.

Red_Man

The depth is a big change from past seasons. We lost an entire fourth line, and the one we're dressing now is just as good or better. I know it's only a fourth line, but they're good defensively, and provide some good forechecking. Having guys like Briere and Gionta on a third line is great too.
7 more games for Patches-DD-Vanek to get their chemistry going even more as well. It would be nice to see the Gally's start scoring, but I'm sure it will come with teams focusing on DD's line. Good stuff a head.

Acid08

Banned
Has AGally lived up to your expectations? I've actually watched a fair amount of Habs games this year and he always shows these flashes of amazing skill but hasn't seemed to put it all together yet.

Edit: damn that was a fun first period. Any Jets bros watching?

Red_Man

Has AGally lived up to your expectations? I've actually watched a fair amount of Habs games this year and he always shows these flashes of amazing skill but hasn't seemed to put it all together yet.
He's progressed forward but not in huge strides, it's clear he needs to be put at Center and given top offensive responsibilities. He still barely gets any PP time and has been stuck on the anemic third line most of the year. He has 2-3 moments a game where he shows what he can do, he's just not in the position to do it right now. The expectation is to move him to C next year, but we already have DD, Pleks, Eller, Briere, Prust, White, etc..... I don't know how Bergevin is going to handle it.

Edit: Biggest thing is moving him to C, he's not a winger at all, and isn't great along the boards. He needs to be in the middle to utilize his awesome vision and passing skills, but Therrien's coaching is once again fucking with our youth.

Acid08

Banned
Well his potential skill ceiling is higher than any of those players right? Can't shelter him too much longer behind those guys, he deserves his chance while players like Eller are faltering.

ZeroGravity

Updated chances of making playoffs:
100% - Tampa Bay
100% - Los Angeles
100% - Montreal
99.4% - New York Rangers
94.2% - Philadelphia
80.8% - Phoenix
77.3% - Minnesota
75.3% - Columbus
46.4% - Detroit
37.3% - Dallas