• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Acid08

Banned
Hey dstrdl they're interviewing some (Kane?) Velazquez dude who's a UFC champ on our broadcast. Born here, huge Sharks fan apparently.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Well his potential skill ceiling is higher than any of those players right? Can't shelter him too much longer behind those guys, he deserves his chance while players like Eller are faltering.
100% he has the potential to be a top 10-15 center in the league. Bergevin is going to have to move someone, and I assume it's going to be Pleks seeing as Patches is married to DD as dumb as it is. The expectation is for A.Gally to be the #1 center for when we contend. They're just going very slow with him, but he's already the 2-3rd best passer / play maker on the team.

Updated chances of making playoffs:
soccer-celebration.gif

Feels good man

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
100% he has the potential to be a top 10-15 center in the league. Bergevin is going to have to move someone, and I assume it's going to be Pleks seeing as Patches is married to DD as dumb as it is. The expectation is for A.Gally to be the #1 center for when we contend. They're just going very slow with him, but he's already the 2-3rd best passer / play maker on the team.

http://tuesdayswithhorry.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/soccer-celebration.gif[IMG]

Feels good man[/QUOTE]

If only Eller didn't start to play like shit, I'd be really comfortable trading Plekanec in the offseason. If we did trade him though, we'd better hope Eller steps up because DD and AGally couldn't handle the matchups.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If only Eller didn't start to play like shit, I'd be really comfortable trading Plekanec in the offseason. If we did trade him though, we'd better hope Eller steps up because DD and AGally couldn't handle the matchups.
Yea, I really hope he can rebound, I don't understand if it's the injury from last years playoffs or what. The best situation would be to trade DD and have A.Gally as the #1 with Pleks behind him as the shutdown guy. That would be an amazing 1/2 but I don't know if Bergevin will do it with how Patches is regarding DD.

Hey dstrdl they're interviewing some (Kane?) Velazquez dude who's a UFC champ on our broadcast. Born here, huge Sharks fan apparently.

Cain Velasquez is a Sharks fan? WELL WADDA YA KNOW!

Yeah, they just announced a UFC Fight Night in San Jose on July 27th

Bit angry at the UFC right now for suing people who are watching by illegal stream. That and I just cancelled my gym membership last night because I can't get to training sessions on time from work.

Rocky relationship with MMA at the moment.

I put this on my ipod yesterday, haven't listened yet though. Gotta get through that Bombcast first.

It's fucking awesome. If Dilla was alive he would eventually probably be the best producer of all time

I need a X next to Colorado before I'll believe it.

Time to do nothing for 5 minutes and win a shootout.

I'd have no problem with Colorado losing a bunch in a row before the season ends

De La has been extremely gracious of late.

I'm sure some of Leafs-Age has seen this, but my gosh this is a depressing read:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...quires-a-little-more-honesty/article17711443/

Particularly this part:

And leading scorer Phil Kessel addressed a question about not generating a shot in the first five minutes with a shrug.

“You guys worry about that more than we do,” he told reporters. “We’ve done that before and won.”

I like to harp on Carlyle's awfulness, and I don't put much stock into the idea that the team's problems lie largely with its players - but this... this is bad.

Chris R

Best case scenario: We get 2nd and beat Chicago in 6.

Worst case scenario: We end up 3rd and get fucking swept.

Either way, at least we made the playoffs?

Socreges

Banned
De La has been extremely gracious of late.

I'm sure some of Leafs-Age has seen this, but my gosh this is a depressing read:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...quires-a-little-more-honesty/article17711443/

Particularly this part:

I like to harp on Carlyle's awfulness, and I don't put much stock into the idea that the team's problems lie largely with its players - but this... this is bad.
Who are the leaders in that locker room? Phaneuf? Seems too miserable to be all that effective, but some guys probably listen to him. Who else?

calder

That tying goal looked frightening legit. Nice passes.

And wtf refs.
ibqh3hbRfaVa3W.gif

EDIT: go ahead goal, not tying. Wheeler's tying goal was pure fluke

I'm salty about Torts not playing a rookie to "prove a point", yeah.

About Colorado? No, I just think you allow too many shots to beat Chicago.

Well at least one person in this thread thinks Chicago will beat us in a series. I think it's more even than the regular season record would have you believe but I can't call it either way.

Acid08

Banned
The back and forth of this game is crazy. Refs are calling every little thing on both sides, it's pretty weird.

Last goal went in off of Couture's hand, poor dude. He definitely looked hurt after. He's taking so much abuse lately. If he gets seriously injured we're fucked.

Socreges

Banned
Canucks need to go 7-0 and Yotes need to go 4-4. The Stars would also need to struggle. All three of those things are not happening. The first thing is definitely not happening.

Who are the leaders in that locker room? Phaneuf? Seems too miserable to be all that effective, but some guys probably listen to him. Who else?

I couldn't even guess.

Naturally you'd say it's the older guys in the room who provide the leadership. And on most teams I think that is the case.

But the Leafs?

Their 'veteran' group is laughable: Lupul, McClement, Orr, Clarkson and Bolland. A glass player, an impotent thug, 2 journeymen and a guy who could easily be bought out in the off season.

I can't see any of those guys being effective leaders, but who knows, maybe they are.

Stasis

And here I thought we'd be missing Cally's defense and PK abilities. We've been totally fine there.

It's his... offense we miss? /sigh

Top Bottom