• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Quick

Banned
:lol :lol

<3

Best gif, it's like the human version of that [Breathing intensifies] cat gif

ib2GkxIFptBwZ1.jpg

Samyy

It's not just that, it'd be tolerable if it was two to three years but it has six more years on it!

I think he'll get bought out after 2-3 seasons if this continue
Anyway Charles Wang looking to sell his majority stake in the Islanders, congrats Teethmummy!

calder

Woo.

I can't even imagine what would have happened if, after that ass-tastic EN attempt by Joker the Sharks had gone back and tied it. OUTRAGE, for one.

<3 Tobi, good win guys. Really like that third period.

Jets look great tonight. Plz play like this against the Ducks.

Sorry dude, Jets have almost certainly played their one good road game this trip. Expect a narrow loss to the Kings followed by a 5-1 laugher of a non-effort versus the Ducks.

Acid08

Banned
GG Jets-Gaf, was an intense one. Sharks blew coverage a few times and that DOG on Couture was a killer. Please just play like this against the Ducks.

Looking more and more likely we'll be playing LA in the first round. Salt levels are already rising.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hah, that gif reminds me of the lockout. It was posted anytime there was a glimmer of hope.
That seems like so long ago now, I remember waking up hungover as fuck when they agreed to end it and announced it, thought I was still drunk and imagining things.

Jets look great tonight. Plz play like this against the Ducks.

Pavelec already had his awesome game against us. Sorry buddy. We might potentially have this one.

Sorry dude, Jets have almost certainly played their one good road game this trip. Expect a narrow loss to the Kings followed by a 5-1 laugher of a non-effort versus the Ducks.

The Kings are due for a loss. They just beat the NHL on NBC Sports division (Pens/Flyers/Caps).

calder

Thanks for reminding me about Skyfall, the most entertaining yet undoubtedly stupidest Bond film in decades. You go into a Bond movie expecting some outlandish scenes and serious plot holes, but to me Skyfall had a plot so absurd I couldn't just ignore it like most unrealistic action movies.

Like the whole "cops trapped in the sewers for weeks/months" part of Dark Knight Rises, I couldn't stop my brain from constantly going 'that makes no fucking sense in like 10 different ways' long enough to fully enjoy the movie.

Nice to see the Jets take down the Sharks. We'll see what happens against the Kings and Ducks, though. They're both pretty darn tough opponents, so my expectations aren't high. Still, can't help but root for the boys!

Red_Man

TDKR is so overrated, that cop sewer shit just being one of many ridiculous things. Even for a comic book movie, some of the stuff was so blatantly stupid. TDK is still great though.

Quick

Banned
Thanks for reminding me about Skyfall, the most entertaining yet undoubtedly stupidest Bond film in decades. You go into a Bond movie expecting some outlandish scenes and serious plot holes, but to me Skyfall had a plot so absurd I couldn't just ignore it like most unrealistic action movies.

Like the whole "cops trapped in the sewers for weeks/months" part of Dark Knight Rises, I couldn't stop my brain from constantly going 'that makes no fucking sense in like 10 different ways' long enough to fully enjoy the movie.

TDKR is so overrated, that cop sewer shit just being one of many ridiculous things. Even for a comic book movie, some of the stuff was so blatantly stupid. TDK is still great though.

NO MORE DEAD COPS.

Acid08

Banned
Nice to see the Jets take down the Sharks. We'll see what happens against the Kings and Ducks, though. They're both pretty darn tough opponents, so my expectations aren't high. Still, can't help but root for the boys!
Y'all could have been cool but NOOOOOOO just had to play well against us. Jerks.

Ugh if this Kings series happens I'm gonna be #dead

As soon as I heard Bane speak I knew TDKR had gone badly, badly wrong.

One of my biggest complaints about it is the decision to set Gotham in NYC. I get that's what Gotham is, but I liked Chicago as a setting better.

Quick

Banned
As soon as I heard Bane speak I knew TDKR had gone badly, badly wrong.

One of my biggest complaints about it is the decision to set Gotham in NYC. I get that's what Gotham is, but I liked Chicago as a setting better.

I don't understand what was so hard about mixing his voice during editing.

Socreges

Banned
So Radek Dvorak ran Luongo and got ejected. He also appeared to deliberately punch Lu in the head for no apparent reason. Too lazy to find a gif or video

Fuck Dvorak

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah I heard Anaheim had a rising Star Craft scene just like us. We're gonna win the Star Craft this year for sure.

The Avs have higher chances of winning the Star Craft than the Canucks have of winning the Stanley Cup.

Erdrick

GG Jets-Gaf, was an intense one. Sharks blew coverage a few times and that DOG on Couture was a killer. Please just play like this against the Ducks.

Looking more and more likely we'll be playing LA in the first round. Salt levels are already rising.

The Jets/Sharks game was actually entertaining. Had a bit of everything. Although I think Mark Stuart is pretty hurt... But boy did Montoya ever play good when we really needed him. Was so lucky to get back and make that save when he came out far to play the puck. Niemi also had some crazy saves. The Jets better re-sign Montoya ASAP, with an actual raise this time. He's played so well for us.

We're just playing for pride and to be the spoiler as far as I am concerned at this point, so I hope the team can just do the best it possibly can and finish positively and build on it for next year. I'm loving watching this team grow and improve. Next year will hopefully continue this trend and perhaps then we can compete more in our division against some of the elite NHL teams and have a better shot at the post-season.

Apparently there's beef between Kesler and Duchene and Duchene told him to fuck off tonight and then McGinn and Landeskog did as well and evidently he fucked off and said nothing the rest of the game. LEADERSHIP.
DUCHENE: &#8220;Last four years every time I skate behind the net after a whistle he comes and hits me. So I hit him back and he didn&#8217;t like it very much. Fifth year in the league and I&#8217;m not going to back down. That&#8217;s his game, he&#8217;s a great hockey player, a great two-way guy with a little bit of an edge to him. But I&#8217;m not going to back down. I don&#8217;t think you&#8217;re going to see us fight anytime soon but I&#8217;m certainly not going to give him any ground, or any satisfaction with being able to push me around.&#8221;

Jamie McGinn answered for Duchene, making a big check on Kesler in the corner and challenging him to more. Gabe Landeskog got involved after that.

Said Duchene: &#8220;It was outstanding. Kesler wouldn&#8217;t go with Ginner but then he was telling Landy he&#8217;d go with him. Kind of funny when a guy hits his spots like that. He told me to try him any time. It was kind of funny: Ginner went at him and there was no more crap, not one word, said from him the rest of the game. So Ginner did a great job there and it&#8217;s little things like that that are going to be big for us as a team (in the playoffs).

Red_Man

Wasn't Colorado one of the teams mentioned in possible Kelser trades that he said he wouldn't go to? Maybe that's why. Sounds like a bitch.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Apparently there's beef between Kesler and Duchene and Duchene told him to fuck off tonight and then McGinn and Landeskog did as well and evidently he fucked off and said nothing the rest of the game. LEADERSHIP.

I'm pretty sure if we were in playoff contention he'd have kept going. As it is he was probably like "ah fuck it not worth it"

Top Bottom