• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If a cup is where you set the bar you're obviously not going to be satisfied with him but I think that's asking a little much no?
I was really happy with him last year, I just hate how he's handle Subban and I don't understand why he changed his coaching style so much this year. Last year they were playing amazing, possession hockey and for whatever reason he changed it to dump and chase grinding. There's a lot of things in happy with him, but I don't think he's capable of taking the team to the next level. If he can get them to the conference finals this year I'll be happy with him.

Mr.Green

I was really happy with him last year, I just hate how he's handle Subban and I don't understand why he changed his coaching style so much this year. Last year they were playing amazing, possession hockey and for whatever reason he changed it to dump and chase grinding. There's a lot of things in happy with him, but I don't think he's capable of taking the team to the next level. If he can get them to the conference finals this year I'll be happy with him.

Do you think it could come from other members of the coaching staff? You're probably gonna say that it doesn't matter since he should be the one making the calls but I still wonder.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure if they won a Cup nobody would complain about Therrien anymore. Hell i'd be fine with Carlyle for 10 more years if it meant 1 Cup, lord knows i've waited my entire life for one.

If Therrien could get us a cup, I'd take back everything I've ever said about him. Bergevin did a radio interview the other day and seems pretty satisfied with him. He has a good record with us, just his handling of rookies and the D corp is beyond frustrating.

Fair enough.

Red_Man

Do you think it could come from other members of the coaching staff? You're probably gonna say that it doesn't matter since he should be the one making the calls but I still wonder.
Well JJ Daigneualt is responsible for the D and has said they want Subban to be a QB not a running back which is wrong, he needs to be let loose and be the running back. At the end of the day Therrien is calling the shots, but I just don't see the team taking that next step with him. He's holding too many players back, every player besides Price has gotten worse this year under him.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
My ultimate problem with Therrien is that I just don't believe he's a good coach and we won't take that next step with him. It takes beating a superior team in the playoffs to prove to me he's a capable coach, TB should be a fun series, but I think if he can coach us past a team like Boston(The only real contender in the East) I'd be happy with keeping him around another season.

I'm only in a rush to see him fired because the top candidate to coach the team next is available(Guy Boucher), and I don't think he'll stay off the market too long.

Red_Man

Therrien has repeatedly been out coached over the last two years too, he needs to have a big playoffs to show he can manage a team on the fly.

Red_Man

Is Steve Simmons the biggest hack in hockey journalism? If he isn't, he has to be near the top.

Red_Man

I give Cox the edge because he looks like a penis.
Look at this face though:

simmons_pic.jpg

One of the most punchable faces I've ever seen

Red_Man

It helps that he's a smug asshole, too
He's going on how everyone could see how the Leafs play was going to fall off from the beginning of the year, yet at the beginning of the year he was writing how good they were going to do. Complete and utter hack.

Samyy

Its funny how bloggers were predicting our crappy play from the start, got piled on by everyone at the beginning of the year, and now that their predictions are coming true these "Journalists" are seemingly adopting their tune.

Integrity indeed.

Red_Man

Speaking of Clarkson and Simmons, Simmons also said that Clarkson is one of the least liked guys in the room. It's Simmons so it's probably something he made up, but it's not hard to imagine your team hating the guy with the $5 M X 7 contract with how he's played.

Samyy

Speaking of Clarkson and Simmons, Simmons also said that Clarkson is one of the least liked guys in the room. It's Simmons so it's probably something he made up, but it's not hard to imagine your team hating the guy with the $5 M X 7 contract with how he's played.

I wonder how Kadri feels, team forces him to take a bridge contract and then go ahead and pay big for a plug.

Top Bottom