• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Sanjuro

Need less of....
Tonight...

How about more of this?

iv6SNOYSSsI6q.gif

Sanjuro

Don't worry, the series was never any good to begin with. :p

I read the books years ago, so I started watching the series. It's not the worst series I've ever seen, and I definitely keep up with it, but most of the time I can leave it on in the background and connect the dots.

Biggest problem is the actors. 98% of them are turrible.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Plekanec staying in Montreal for family reasons, good thing we're not playing an NHL team.

Nice one, I've submitted this to the committee in charge of the voting process for "Best Isles Joke 1998". A time machine will pick you up for the ceremony on 4/17. Good luck!
:lol :lol

I read the books years ago, so I started watching the series. It's not the worst series I've ever seen, and I definitely keep up with it, but most of the time I can leave it on in the background and connect the dots.

Biggest problem is the actors. 98% of them are turrible.

I really liked the first season, after that I feel the show was about as mediocre as it can get. The characters were badly written, unlikable (not in a purposeful way) and are generally stupid. When the big moments happen on the show, they are poorly executed.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I'm getting nervous with all this talk of Barclays Center folk buying the Isles.

What if they change the logo, colors, and name? Brooklyn Islanders with no blue or orange are not the team I grew up worshipping. This could be a big problem.

Sanjuro

I'm getting nervous with all this talk of Barclays Center folk buying the Isles.

What if they change the logo, colors, and name? Brooklyn Islanders with no blue or orange are not the team I grew up worshipping. This could be a big problem.

My attachment to the Islanders has faded over time. It's pretty sad as they were the last great hockey dynasty. That being said, and I've had this argument with someone else here a while back, moving to Brooklyn is the absolute BEST thing for the franchise.

I don't think the name should be an issue.

The colors? I hate how the Nets look, but they could use a revamp.

*shrugs*

Sanjuro

Hey, tell that to Sanjuro. I'm pretty sure that's a pub in Buffalo.

I don't think it's just me.

Maybe Puffs is the name of the bar nearby the arena? It looked like it was the nickname for their ice-girls or something.

Either way, outside the Garden $12 is still not two beers. Maybe if they have a draft special and I only tip a dollar.

Red_Man

I'm sure Buffalo fans are lining up at the First Niagra Center to drink shitty beer and watch the Blues win the cup with their old players on the big screen. Makes total sense.

Sanjuro

I'm sure Buffalo fans are lining up at the First Niagra Center to drink shitty beer and watch the Blues win the cup with their old players on the big screen. Makes total sense.

They only meet once more and that is in St. Louis.

If ticket sales dropped and the two teams had a meetup towards the end of the season? Fans would absolutely want to go. Seen worse!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Chris Kreider had his hand surgery today. Out indefinitely.

Justin Falk is also not on the road trip currently as his wife is expecting in NY.

John Moore is participating in practice today. Pretty fast recovery considering he was only concussed a week ago today. I'm guessing they stick with Diaz for the time being, though.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Chris Kreider had his hand surgery today. Out indefinitely.

Justin Falk is also not on the road trip currently as his wife is expecting in NY.

John Moore is participating in practice today. Pretty fast recovery considering he was only concussed a week ago today. I'm guessing they stick with Diaz for the time being, though.

How's Diaz playing for you guys?

Sanjuro

Ideally with an attractive lady driving it

Women drivers? Get out of here!

I like my zamboni drivers to be sad looking middle aged men who appear to have one thing to live for, clean ice. That is what I've been raised to experience.

I'm okay with the sad ice drivers watching from a distance, as they are cuckolded by attractive women riding on their beloved machine.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How's Diaz playing for you guys?

Really solid so far. Defensively you barely even notice his pairing with Klein at all because they're simply making smart decisions and keeping opponents to the outside. Nothing sexy about it, but effective.

Offensively, he's been jumping up into the play, taking a lot of shots, and generally meshing well with the style AV wants to play. He's also been a big improvement over what we had as a point man on the PP. The power play still hasn't been effective lately, but at least the puck movement looks a lot better with him in there.

Basically, he's doing his job as a bottom pairing defenseman.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Really solid so far. Defensively you barely even notice his pairing with Klein at all because they're simply making smart decisions and keeping opponents to the outside. Nothing sexy about it, but effective.

Offensively, he's been jumping up into the play, taking a lot of shots, and generally meshing well with the style AV wants to play. He's also been a big improvement over what we had as a point man on the PP. The power play still hasn't been effective lately, but at least the puck movement looks a lot better with him in there.

Basically, he's doing his job as a bottom pairing defenseman.

Sounds like Diaz, I feel he only gets into trouble when bigger forwards dump the puck into his corner, or trying to clear guys from the front of the net. Really solid defenseman though.

5bw3C3o.png

Animal! You son of a bitch

:lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure if they won a Cup nobody would complain about Therrien anymore. Hell i'd be fine with Carlyle for 10 more years if it meant 1 Cup, lord knows i've waited my entire life for one.
He'll be gone in a season or two. I can't imagine how HE'LL change to help this team out, and we sure as shit aren't going to blow up the team for him.

Sanjuro

Pretty sure if they won a Cup nobody would complain about Therrien anymore. Hell i'd be fine with Carlyle for 10 more years if it meant 1 Cup, lord knows i've waited my entire life for one.

Claude Julien is a goofball coach at times. He won a cup, so he is grandfathered into coaching here for a bit.

Oh well. You're right though. You just kind of shrug off silly shit until the team reaches a point where they are doing less with more.

He'll be gone in a season or two. I can't imagine how HE'LL change to help this team out, and we sure as shit aren't going to blow up the team for him.

I'm not so sure.

I guess the front office can't really come out and undercut Carlyle, especially not with 8 games left, but the shit they do say to the media suggests that they're perfectly happy with the team playing like it does and with it relying on 2 players for success.

Red_Man

You'd probably be stuck with Therrien then.
If Therrien could get us a cup, I'd take back everything I've ever said about him. Bergevin did a radio interview the other day and seems pretty satisfied with him. He has a good record with us, just his handling of rookies and the D corp is beyond frustrating.

Mr.Green

If Therrien could get us a cup, I'd take back everything I've ever said about him. Bergevin did a radio interview the other day and seems pretty satisfied with him. He has a good record with us, just his handling of rookies and the D corp is beyond frustrating.

Yeah some of his decisions are mind boggling sometimes and I've been doing my fair share of #FireTherrien'ing but to be fair, we gotta give the man a little credit in my opinion. Few people even saw them making the playoffs at the start of the season and they're sitting pretty 3rd in the east with 7 games left.

If a cup is where you set the bar you're obviously not going to be satisfied with him but I think that's asking a little much no?

Top Bottom