• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

iLLmAtlc

What did Lack do wrong, though? One goal was deflected in off Bieksa, another was during a bad screen, and the third was shot a few feet away off the post.

Luongo was alright before the Olympics. The team in front of him was shit. And no, I don't think the decision was Gillis'. Tortorella isn't the kind of guy to take direction from a GM on decisions like these.

He did nothing wrong. I was just pointing to maybe Tortorella should have weighed these other factors more heavily rather than seemingly making the decision in a vacuum. Tortorella said after the game that Lack maybe didn't really look himself that game but added he made some big saves.

Socreges

Banned
-Lack gives the Canucks the best chance to win.
And Luongo doesn't? This isn't starting 1B over 1A. Luongo has the stats, experience, etc.
-Luongo hasn't played in 3 weeks. Don't put him in cold.
You know who else hadn't started in 3 weeks? Anderson, and he started yesterday. And if every game is important, then when do you put in a cold Luongo? Next two games are Phoenix and Dallas, who are right near the Canucks in the standings. Save him until Saturday's game against Calgary? Ottawa is/was 10th in a weaker Eastern conference.
-It's just another game.
No, it really isn't. Bigger crowd, different environment, different lighting, etc.
-Luongo can suck it up. He's been through this before.
Yep, he can definitely handle all this. After all, he hasn't started a meaningful game since 2011. Facing elimination in the 2012 playoffs? Start Schneider. Facing elimination in 2013? Start Schneider coming off an injury. Olympics?

Sure, Lack didn't play badly yesterday but you can't pretend the crowd chanting for Luongo didn't affect him. Luongo can tune it out but can Lack? He's playing in one of the biggest hockey markets in the league. And he's not "just the backup" anymore. He's a legitimate starting option to the best goalie the Canucks have ever had. That's a lot of responsibility and pressure for a rookie.
You can say that it did? He didn't look shaken at all. Yet of course we have no idea if/how it affected him. Only he would know.

And either way, the decision is made before the game. Your checklist should not include 'What if the crowd is full of douchebags who call for Lu? How will that affect him.' but just 'Will he be able to handle the pressure?' and obviously they thought he could.

Seems the Kings and Penguins are the most likely suitors.

Of course, I want only to send him or MacDonald to teams that have young goalies to offer. Ducks-Gaf, lets do this already.

Fasth and Vatanen for Vanek? Hello friends.

Actually, we really should be looking at the Canucks for some additional depth for our playoff run...

Can we buy a bottle of Playoff Experience and have Boudreau drink a shitload of it so we don't have a first round exit?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'll be cheering for the Ducks in the West during the playoffs, but I would laugh quite a bit if Halak was traded to Minny and then stoned Boudreau in a first round elimination again.

Red_Man

Dredger on what the Canucks would want for Kesler from the Leafs :

That package would have to include, Kadri, Gardiner / Rielly and a 1st. I think the Leafs are passed making deals like that
:lol :lol

Heretic

I'll be cheering for the Ducks in the West during the playoffs, but I would laugh quite a bit if Halak was traded to Minny and then stoned Boudreau in a first round elimination again.

come on bae

#Cup4Koivu

Fasth and Vatanen for Vanek? Hello friends.

Actually, we really should be looking at the Canucks for some additional depth for our playoff run...

Can we buy a bottle of Playoff Experience and have Boudreau drink a shitload of it so we don't have a first round exit?

But I like the Vatman :(

Can we give away Sbisa instead? Fasth, Sbisa, and MAYBE a second for Vanek?

#CupForKoivu
#SecondForSelanne

But I like the Vatman :(

Can we give away Sbisa instead? Fasth, Sbisa, and MAYBE a second for Vanek?

I love Vatman too. But every rumour circulating has him as a tradeable asset with good return. I disagree, I think his playstyle is a huge part of why we've been so good.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Dredger on what the Canucks would want for Kesler from the Leafs :

:lol :lol
If we even did this, I think we'd be over the cap with Bolland coming back.

We also need D...and that would still be an overpayment for any one player on their roster.

Gillis is nuts if he thinks Nonis will take that.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

We also need D...and that would still be an overpayment for any one player on their roster.

Fuck you start talking about your Yotes!

I'm not sure Dredger did more than just stick names into the formula everyone has been talking about:

<Young NHL Centre> + <Blue Chip Prospect> + <1st Round Pick> = Kesler.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Red_Man

Johansen is one of the most underrated / unknown players in the NHL right now, kid has crazy skill.

Top Bottom