• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
MAKE IT STOP

tumblr_lxiv410blL1qeifxs_zps899447a1.gif~original

Yup. This is it. This when the gremlin known as Carlyle, who has been nibbling on the engines all season long, finally brings the team crashing down.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
@TEAM1040: Rossi: "Ray Shero has told Vancouver he'll best any offer they get (for Kesler)"”
Looks like my guess that McGuire was talking about Shero was correct. If The Pens land Kesler, that's a beastly top 6.

iLLmAtlc

Gonna be great when Kesler goes to Pittsburgh and ruins more linemates!!!

But yeah I still don't think Pittsburgh is a good trading partner, they don't seem to have many star offensive prospects at forward which is what the Canucks need.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

But yeah I still don't think Pittsburgh is a good trading partner, they don't seem to have many star offensive prospects at forward which is what the Canucks need.
None of the suitable trading partners for Vancouver have star offensive prospects aside from Chicago.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

None of the suitable trading partners for Vancouver have star offensive prospects aside from Chicago.

Eh, maybe we can flip some established D-men for forward prospects. Just definitely need to trade Edler. I'd prefer to get rid of Garrison next.

Just as long as we don't trade Tanev I'm good.

... Does Chicago need top4 D-men?

EDIT: Or Tampa, Salo has been great right. :p

Solo

Looks like my guess that McGuire was talking about Shero was correct. If The Pens land Kesler, that's a beastly top 6.

Meh. Shero's tried and failed to buy a Cup at the deadline every season since they won it 5 years ago and it hasn't worked yet. Once again they'll ice a great set of forwards with porous D and a shakey MAF and get bounced in Round 2.

iLLmAtlc

If they can't get at least one star offensive prospect then don't trade him. It's not like Luongo/Schneider where one guy had to go and everyone knew it. Sorry for the cliche, but don't need to make a trade for the sake of doing so.

lupin23rd

Probably a joke account but had to laugh when I saw this:

@TheBluesInsider: I think we should move Derek Roy. I think we should trade him and maybe a draft pick for Kesler

Meh. Shero's tried and failed to buy a Cup at the deadline every season since they won it 5 years ago and it hasn't worked yet. Once again they'll ice a great set of forwards with porous D and a shakey MAF and get bounced in Round 2.

Yeah I never understood his reasoning. They have Crosby, Malkin, Neal, and Kunitz, and need more scoring?

Kesler is an excellent two-way forward but relying on a banged-up D and Fleury is not a recipe for a Cup.

Get a good backup for Fleury and fire Bylsma.

Revenant

Old-Spice-Guy-Head-Nod.gif

Why is this thread filled with power ranger gifs? Also the Leafs can continue to lose, this pleases me.

why the fuck not. You got a problem with this elite fighting force?

tumblr_mtkavssiN01qmk3pno1_500.gif

lol Milbury talking completely out of his ass about the LaFontaine situation.

Naturally he believes everything Sabres management said about it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I don't care if Shero is delusional about Fleury, as long as it gets us a good return for Kesler.

iLLmAtlc

Pittsburgh's desire to throw in Sutter in every rumoured package suggests to me their plan is to get Kesler to play on the 3rd line. I think what they're going for is unstoppable Centre depth lol.

ShaneB

Wanted Toronto to win.

At this point we'd face Boston or Pittsburgh if we get a wild card.

Wouldn't mind facing Boston actually...

I'll always look at it first from a "teams we're chasing" pov. If a team higher in the standings loses, that's good in any situation when just making the playoffs is the first goal.

I'll always look at it first from a "teams we're chasing" pov. If a team higher in the standings loses, that's good in any situation when just making the playoffs is the first goal.

As long as we don't face the Rangers again.

We're going to play the Rangers again.

OtHTKnb.gif

Top Bottom