• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Ties fucking blow.

Just make it 3 on 3 for another 5 minutes and then if you must have a tie, end it then in one.

No reason to end it in a tie after 5 mins of OT.

Sanjuro

Agreed. Game should end a tie and points awarded as such.

That was a great game, though.

Shootout is fine. We're not going back to ties or unlimited overtimes.

That being said, the overtime period is fantastic 4v4, but should be extended in duration.

Sanjuro

Though it is a nice little thing to have, a lot of Cali teams are doing better than most O6 teams.

We don't have any of those teams our conference though. I've also never stated that record wise had anything to do with the original six appeal...otherwise Toronto wouldn't be so squishy and lovable.

ZeroGravity

You guys get too worked up over the shootout. How a regular season game ends is largely irrelevant. Good teams generally make the playoffs and bad teams generally don't, and an 82 game season largely evens things out.

Even if the NHL went back to ties, which they thankfully never will, people would switch back to complaining about those. I think a lot of people forget how much they sucked.

Sanjuro

You guys get too worked up over the shootout. How a regular season game ends is largely irrelevant. Good teams generally make the playoffs and bad teams generally don't, and an 82 game season largely evens things out.

Even if the NHL went back to ties, which they thankfully never will, people would switch back to complaining about those. I think a lot of people forget how much they sucked.

The shootout is absolutely fine, unless you use it to decide a meaningful game or you put too much stock into it for a regular season meet.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Philoops might be back in the lineup today?

If he is, I hope you enjoy the guaranteed win Flames fans :(

ATF487

The people that complain about ties are stupid, though!

The only type of draws that are terrible are 0-0 ones, but thankfully those are rare in hockey. There's no reason why you need to have a winner in the regular season, and there's no reason to keep players out on the ice longer than necessary in an 82 game regular season.

3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss, boom.

Sanjuro

The people that complain about ties are stupid, though!

The only type of draws that are terrible are 0-0 ones, but thankfully those are rare in hockey. There's no reason why you need to have a winner in the regular season, and there's no reason to keep players out on the ice longer than necessary in an 82 game regular season.

3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss, boom.

They aren't stupid.

I don't believe ties helps reach a larger demographic. With regular hockey fans, it's probably a coin toss depending who you ask.

ZeroGravity

I have no idea why Bishop is starting back to back when we're in no danger of losing our playoff positioning.

Sucks for Detroit though.

I would love an ORIGINAL SIX matchup.

Mainly because it infuriates so many people apparently!

You're the only one acting like a crossdresser with a wig on fire while we're all sitting here telling you that being O6 has about as much value as being as being Don Cherrys illegitimate 12th child.

I just play up to it because you're the dumb cunt who thought I was American, lol.

Like seriously, you think I care about wherever a team is hosted? It couldn't be any more irrelevant to me if it wanted to be. Players like living in Anaheim so I guess that's good for attracting free agents but that's it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
"Hell yeah, I can't wait to be surrounded by Boston sports fans"
- Arnold "Masochist" Wesley Piper, 1922

Say sport, why don't you run down to Pete's Milk Emporium and grab me a tuppence of rube oil so I can huff it just to make Jack Edwards more tolerable when I hear him on the wireless?

Ah excellent, here's Rene Rencourt. The Monopoly Mans gay cousin from Delaware who gave up a lucrative career selling vacuum cleaners door to door to drunkenly do impressions of a 1950s housewife singing the Star-Spangled Banner into a broom handle.

Haha, uh oh! Gramps is off his meds again. Somebody fetch him a vial of Dr Bendlesteins Famous New England Ticker Oil before he gets a heart attack from learning that not all players use wooden sticks anymore.

You're the only one acting like a crossdresser with a wig on fire while we're all sitting here telling you that being O6 has about as much value as being as being Don Cherrys illegitimate 12th child.

I just play up to it because you're the dumb cunt who thought I was American, lol.

Like seriously, you think I care about wherever a team is hosted? It couldn't be any more irrelevant to me if it wanted to be. Players like living in Anaheim so I guess that's good for attracting free agents but that's it.

I feel like Dastardly might need an intervention on his Australian.

Socreges

Banned

And as much as the Canucks suck in shootouts, I still enjoy them. Some of the slickest moves in hockey would have never been seen otherwise as well.

The proper solution is to adopt the KHL points system. 3 points for a win, 2 for a SO win, etc

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

post-38521-wiserhood-slow-clap-gif-Imgur-7gXf.gif

Top Bottom