• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Why is this such a hot button for many posters in here?

I wouldn't call it a hot button as much as it is people not responding well to a really stupid way of trying to feel superior to others. You can appreciate your O6 all you want, that's all fine. The second you start implying that non O6 teams are jokes or not to be taken as seriously though, like you've done from the beginning, don't be shocked when no one wants to put up with it.

Sanjuro

Because we're really, really bored.

I get that. Just the responses really don't seem to mesh...with anything.

I wouldn't call it a hot button as much as it is people not responding well to a really stupid way of trying to feel superior to others. You can appreciate your O6 all you want, that's all fine. The second you start implying that non O6 teams are jokes or not to be taken as seriously though, like you've done from the beginning, don't be shocked when no one wants to put up with it.

I've never implied that all non original six teams are jokes.

Sanjuro

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=105352394&postcount=13287

Basically agreeing with Mac's bullshit, which is undoubtedly exactly what I described.

You don't detect a bit of hyperbole there? Eradicating an entire conference in the NHL would seem very, very backwards. Some of that has to do with the whole East vs. West notion.

There are also teams in the Eastern Conference who aren't in the original six.

Also, Red Man is basically agreeing with me as well, for an example of someone with hostility towards me reaching a similar conclusion.

You don't detect a bit of hyperbole there? Eradicating an entire conference in the NHL would seem very, very backwards. Some of that has to do with the whole East vs. West notion.

There are also teams in the Eastern Conference who aren't in the original six.

Also, Red Man is basically agreeing with me as well.

Are you saying I shouldn't take that post seriously? Because it reads just like the rest of your posts.

Sanjuro

Are you saying I shouldn't take that post seriously? Because it reads just like the rest of your posts.

Depends on the context of the discussion at hand. Should note that it doesn't read like the rest of my posts. :jnc

I wouldn't mind Chicago in the East. Like many hockey fans, I don't believe in the needless expansion to southern regions who just don't care about hockey.

Gary Bettman.

There are still plenty of locations who can or have already been proven to be a healthy hockey environment.

You can't be serious. Oh wait, of course you can. It's you.

You're posting about Phoenix and Florida. That is a page taken directly from my playbook.

Acid08

Banned
O6 pride is about as dumb as national pride. Congrats, you were born somewhere you had no control over and there happened to be an old ass hockey team there. Grats.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
The NHL is truly turning into a league of pussies. Kronwall just stood up Callahan with a surprising 100% legal hit (he didn't jump this time) and Cally immediately wanted to try and fight him... Really??? You can't just eat a bit of humble pie and admit to yourself you fucked up and weren't paying attention?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
O6 pride is about as dumb as national pride. Congrats, you were born somewhere you had no control over and there happened to be an old ass hockey team there. Grats.

I loathe my local hockey team where I was born.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The NHL is truly turning into a league of pussies. Kronwall just stood up Callahan with a surprising 100% legal hit (he didn't jump this time) and Cally immediately wanted to try and fight him... Really??? You can't just eat a bit of humble pie and admit to yourself you fucked up and weren't paying attention?
alexei.gif

Solo

It's not about "pride", it's about having a respect for the history of the league. Having franchises near to or older than 100 years old with rich legacies is fucking cool shit.

I swear, for all the piling on we do here on Tabris for his "the NHL started in 2006" nonsense, a lot of you guys aren't far off that mark.

It's not about "pride", it's about having a respect for the history of the league. Having franchises near to or older than 100 years old with rich legacies is fucking cool shit.

I swear, for all the piling on we do here on Tabris for his "the NHL started in 2006" nonsense, a lot of you guys aren't far off that mark.

Except it's never mentioned from a historical respect stance, it's always spouted out there as a bragging thing that has nothing to do with anything at this point.

Top Bottom