• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Solo

Except it's never mentioned from a historical respect stance, it's always spouted out there as a bragging thing that has nothing to do with anything at this point.

Is it? I dunno, I guess I don't really engage in a lot of that then, because usually when O6 stuff comes up, it's about a playoff matchup or something (ala Habs/Bs) that generates a lot of excitement. At least that's when I notice it, People like historical rivalries. I think it's good for the game.

Bruins/Hawks final last season? I'm sure the NHL and fans alike were very happy with that matchup.

I guess I just think that while being O6 isn't something that needs to be brought up as a sign of perceived superiority, it's also isn't something teams and fans should be shit on for being a part of or a fan of.

Sanjuro

Except it's never mentioned from a historical respect stance, it's always spouted out there as a bragging thing that has nothing to do with anything at this point.

Bragging how?

A lot of it has to do with history like Solo mentioned. The only active intangible I notice is the crowd. All of their fans are well traveled and usually is a blast to interact with them walking around town.

How do you figure? He posts in a relatively similar manner at times.

Right, at times. Where as your bullshit seems to be on almost all the time. I'm not even trying to drag this out, most of your posts leave me baffled as to whether or not you're being serious but they're almost all like that so at this point I've just figured that you must be serious.

Quick Vine of Nyquit's goal that just happened:

https://vine.co/v/MeMnrErlQxI

HiNoxk1.gif

It's not about "pride", it's about having a respect for the history of the league. Having franchises near to or older than 100 years old with rich legacies is fucking cool shit.

I swear, for all the piling on we do here on Tabris for his "the NHL started in 2006" nonsense, a lot of you guys aren't far off that mark.

Having respect and pride for your history is all well and good, but there's a difference between acknowledging your rich tapestry of history and walking around cosplaying Napoleon Bonaparte.

Wanking over O6 just makes people look like Don Cherry wannabes.

Sanjuro

Right, at times. Where as your bullshit seems to be on almost all the time. I'm not even trying to drag this out, most of your posts leave me baffled as to whether or not you're being serious but they're almost all like that so at this point I've just figured that you must be serious.

If I'm engaged in a serious conversation, then I'm relatively serious. If it's just banter or people shooting shit then of course I'm going to be more lax.

Forum etiquette and stuff.

Acid08

Banned
It's not about "pride", it's about having a respect for the history of the league. Having franchises near to or older than 100 years old with rich legacies is fucking cool shit.

I swear, for all the piling on we do here on Tabris for his "the NHL started in 2006" nonsense, a lot of you guys aren't far off that mark.
It's a problem when posters like Sanjuro disparage teams that don't have that history. Talk about respect all you want but we're not required to show any just because your team is old.

Solo

For the record, since it's being discussed, I only very rarely troll/take the piss these days. Certainly a LOT less than I used to. I'd say 90% of my posts are legit.

This one though ?

If you hate the Original 6, you hate hockey. And freedom. And are mad jelly. It is known.

It's part of the 10% :p

ZeroGravity

I noticed earlier this season he was wearing an A, does he still have one? It surprised me with how you always talk about his mediocre play.
Yup he still does.

He never does anything great. His best nights are the ones where he simply doesn't cost us at least one goal.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I hope he plays with Z and Pavel next season. He can be a 50 goal scorer, easily. He's playing with Legwand and Franzen right now and scoring every game, so just imagine him playing with way better players.

Sanjuro

It's a problem when posters like Sanjuro disparage teams that don't have that history. Talk about respect all you want but we're not required to show any just because your team is old.

How do I get this stigma?

I'm only disparaged the Sharks for being holders of the Joe Thornton Memorial Player statue.

I love sports history and I'm not 100 years old. Every sport I follow has been injected with expansion teams and relocation. That is just how things work.

Solo

Having respect and pride for your history is all well and good, but there's a difference between acknowledging your rich tapestry of history and walking around cosplaying Napoleon Bonaparte.

Wanking over O6 just makes people look like Don Cherry wannabes.

No disagreement here. I just don't see the O6 wanking going on that we're arguing about.

No disagreement here either. You have no obligation to care about what those teams were doing 60 years ago. Being a fan of one of those teams certainly leaves me with a much more vested interest than a fan of one of the other 24 teams would be, I can wholeheartedly admit that.

Sanjuro

No disagreement here either. You have no obligation to care about what those teams were doing 60 years ago. Being a fan of one of those teams certainly leaves me with a much more vested interest than a fan of one of the other 24 teams would be, I can wholeheartedly admit that.

I remember someone on this board had to point out that I was standing and exploring the old ground site of the Montreal Forum on one of my trips to Montreal without knowing. I spent pretty much the entire day reading about Habs history. Then I took a really long cold shower. Either way, I enjoy absorbing useless sports pop culture.

If someone is a brand new fan of the Cleveland Hockey Men, obviously they have ZERO obligation to do anything outside of root for their team. If I were to engage with that person verbally, it just loses incentive to get into detail other than "How about those Hockey Men?", which is the cliched sports reference for people who don't follow sports. At least on here, it fairly seems obvious that people follow teams other than their own, which is already an improvement.

Solo

My last post on this subject....

Boston/Montreal is my favorite rivalry in sports, but it has nothing to do with O6 (that's just icing on the cake), it has to do with the amazing RECENT history between the teams.

I was born in 1983. Habs/Bruins played eachother in the playoffs every year from 1984 to 1992. Every year. I don't remember those series well at all, but I certainly vividly recall the 1994 series, the 2002 series (beating the #1 seed Bruins/Zednik injury), the 2004 series (coming back from down 3-1 against the #2 seed Bruins), the 2008 series (Price Game 7 shutout), the 2009 series (Bruins sweep), and the 2011 series (fuck you Michael Ryder!).

That's 15 playoff series in my 31 years. That's a fucking rivalry.

I hope and pray for a 2014 series.

Sanjuro

It was mainly just Sanjuro posturing and making a mountain out of a mole-hill. If you have him blocked, that's fully understandable.

I don't see any of that. Just shocked at the aggression towards the title of the O6. I was responding to you like a normal person, then you called me a crossdressing cunt.

Solo

I remember someone on this board had to point out that I was standing and exploring the old ground site of the Montreal Forum on one of my trips to Montreal without knowing. I spent pretty much the entire day reading about Habs history. Then I took a really long cold shower. Either way, I enjoy absorbing useless sports pop culture.

I was the one who told you the Forum was now a movie theatre :lol

pringles

I hope he plays with Z and Pavel next season. He can be a 50 goal scorer, easily. He's playing with Legwand and Franzen right now and scoring every game, so just imagine him playing with way better players.
Him and Z have incredible chemistry, can't imagine even Babcock could seperate the two if they're both healthy.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I get back from hockey to see that Nyquist continues to be our savior. Funny he started the year in Grand Rapids so that Cleary could play....

For 1/4 of the season, no less. Along with Holland repeatedly saying it "wasn't a kid's game" while they kept losing.

Acid08

Banned
I went to the Forum a couple years ago. It was super cool walking through and seeing the history then stopping by Futureshop to pick up the hottest new Blu-Rays, all in the same place!

Sanjuro

I was the one who told you the Forum was now a movie theatre :lol

Figured. When I went there was no obvious sign! So, I wandered around and took a few pictures. I tried asking someone who worked there but they had no clue. Maybe they have something up there now, but I just figured the owner of the theater had a huge boner for hockey.

Solo

I went to the Forum a couple years ago. It was super cool walking through and seeing the history then stopping by Futureshop to pick up the hottest new Blu-Rays, all in the same place!

:lol

It's pretty sad what has happened to that place. I still wish the Molsons would incorporate the "Forum" name into the Bell Centre somehow. Like, when the Bell deal ends, I'm sure the Molsons will revert back to calling it the Molson Centre, because you have to have dat corporate plug, but at least call it the Molson Forum or something.

Solo

Figured. When I went there was no obvious sign! So, I wandered around and took a few pictures. I tried asking someone who worked there but they had no clue. Maybe they have something up there now, but I just figured the owner of the theater had a huge boner for hockey.

It's called the AMC (because it's a movie theatre now lulz) Forum or something like that.

Sanjuro

Reminds me of when they bulldozed the Garden and renamed it the Fleetcenter/Shawmut Center. Nobody in town gave enough shits to call it either of those things. When TD purchased the naming rights, they got it right.

It's almost impossible to get a new beautiful ballpark/arena and have it without corporate sponsorship. Exception really being the New York Yankees, but they didn't have to pay jack towards their new place.

I don't see any of that. Just shocked at the aggression towards the title of the O6. I was responding to you like a normal person, then you called me a crossdressing cunt.

Yes, that is exactly what I called you. I called you exactly that. And no, you weren't responding normally, you were taking passive aggressive pot shots at nobody in particular about fake O6 outrage and I made a quip about the Bruins. Then you got excited.

we-go-to-the-gallery-8-1394898280.jpg

Razorskin

----- ------
It's called the AMC (because it's a movie theatre now lulz) Forum or something like that.

It's called the Pepsi Forum! But there is an AMC cinema occupying most of it.

Hey man that Future Shop isn't even there anymore.

Sanjuro

Yes, that is exactly what I called you. I called you exactly that. And no, you weren't responding normally, you were taking passive aggressive pot shots at nobody in particular about fake O6 outrage and I made a quip about the Bruins. Then you got excited.

I know that's what you called me, and still unsure why you're being so hostile.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
God, Wings do not get these calls. That's amazing. How is that not a penalty shot???

EDIT - Or at least a tripping call. He got the skate a hair before he got the puck, but man that was close.

Cake Boss

Banned
Bryan Murray deserves to be fired for the Philoops extention.

This team is entirely different when hes not playing.

I think we can still trade him before his contract kicks on July 1.

I know that's what you called me, and still unsure why you're being so hostile.

Solo posts 5/6 teams from O6 make the postseason... You post...

Waiting for: Blah blah blah original six is garbage, I love 90 degree hockey weather.

I tell you that you're acting like a crossdresser with a wig on fire, and called you a dumb cunt for telling an Aussie to act like a "Real American" a few days ago.

Now get your tampon out of your ears and harden the fuck up. Have a cold one on me.

Sanjuro

Solo posts 5/6 teams from O6 make the postseason... You post...

I tell you that you're acting like a crossdresser with a wig on fire, and called you a dumb cunt for telling an Aussie to act like a "Real American" a few days ago.

Now get your tampon out of your ears and harden the fuck up. Have a cold one on me.

Sure. I posted that because every time the term has been mentioned lately posters (noticeably you) have been freaking out. You are continuing to do so. In the end, I learned a bit more context to why people were acting in such a manner.

You still are incoherent though. Not sure why.

Top Bottom