• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

None of that really means anything, though. Stuff gets announced that's never mentioned again all the time. Console peripherals have never been successful, and I don't see this being any different.

This is where I take Queso's side for a minute: It isn't just a console peripheral, sure PSVR is but other VR isn't. There is a PC community big enough to harbor VR but will they be there long enough to fully embrace it? I feel like the PC community will drive whether or not VR lives, not Sony and PS users. Because if PSVR fails the first time and Vive and Oculus are somewhat successful and have a community that is active and responsive, even if it isn't large, it could help build on things in the future.

I think there is a place for VR but I don't think it will ever be mainstream in it's current form. If it survives generations down the line then sure.

Can't tell if you're joking or being serious.

For his sake I hope he is joking

This is where I take Queso's side for a minute: It isn't just a console peripheral, sure PSVR is but other VR isn't. There is a PC community big enough to harbor VR but will they be there long enough to fully embrace it? I feel like the PC community will drive whether or not VR lives, not Sony and PS users. Because if PSVR fails the first time and Vive and Oculus are somewhat successful and have a community that is active and responsive, even if it isn't large, it could help build on things in the future.

I think there is a place for VR but I don't think it will ever be mainstream in it's current form. If it survives generations down the line then sure
So the best case scenario is PSVR is a failure and one of the competitors success? Either way PSVR is a waste of money.

I can't wait to see Shane Doan on a 50 foot high virtual screen.

I hope Nintendo gets it's groove back but man.. I do not see that happening. Even more than VR not taking off

Agreed.

So the best case scenario is PSVR is a failure and one of the competitors success? Either way PSVR is a waste of money.

You don't have to buy one.

even with the WiiU being trash, they announce 1 nintendo direct about literally nothing and the front page of GAF and Reddit is 1560 threads about the direct. People. Fucking. Love. Nintendo.

Yet very few people actually buy the things.

imBask

Banned
I hope Nintendo gets it's groove back but man.. I do not see that happening. Even more than VR not taking off

even with the WiiU being trash, they announce 1 nintendo direct about literally nothing and the front page of GAF and Reddit is 1560 threads about the direct. People. Fucking. Love. Nintendo.

Foggy

Give up the ghost.

That price for PSVR is actually solid for the type of tech that it is. Any less than $400US and I would've been worried about the quality of the headset. The only headscratcher is not including the camera or being upfront about offering a bundled sku. It may not be cheap enough for most folks out of the gate, but for the tech, it's a tremendous value.

zroid

Banned
CdnG-QJWIAAs790.jpg

:|

I think it's pretty obvious I won't, not did I ever suggest one did.

You seem to have a strong negative position on VR. I've seen you express your distaste before. Can you help me understand why?

and we alllll know why and how the WiiU fail, we can all hope they don't fuck it up again. I swear if it's called the WiiTwo i'll lose my shit

We do? And if they call it the WiiTwo omg it would be horrible and wonderful at the same time.

I think we need a separate NHL GAF Gaming Discussion Thread

BACK ON TOPIC PEOPLE.

Arizona climbing that #1 pick probability chart. May Bettman bless us all.

Merguson

Banned
I'm not really interested in VR until it establishes a strong foothold in gaming.

That's all I have to say. I haven't really been following the developments too much.

zroid

Banned
I mean it is pre-game and this talk will stop before the games start anyway AND I much prefer talking about all this in here rather than a thread moving a page a minute and can't get quality conversation going.

I was just kidding but really we used to call this thread "the bubble" because we can focus on hockey salt instead of these tired gaming arguments

zroid

Banned
Playoffs just won't be the same this year without the Canadian teams. Vancouver vs Calgary series was legendary in here.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Playoffs just won't be the same this year without the Canadian teams. Vancouver vs Calgary series was legendary in here.

I don't know what you're talking about, my bourgeoise lack of cable TV makes me Asian

What'd I miss?

You seem to have a strong negative position on VR. I've seen you express your distaste before. Can you help me understand why?

Personally I can't imagine strapping one of those things to my head, or allowing my kids to. I don't think this tech appeals to many people outside of the tech enthusiast crowd. Not at that price, anyways.

My opinion on VR is that it's like the videophone. We spent all this time thinking that people wanted them, when it turned out they wanted to text instead. It feels like the demand for VR has been assumed to be self evident. Add the universal high price of entry and I don't see this taking off.

By playoffs you won't be participating anyway

I wouldn't say that so confidently if I were you. (or Detroit)

We will have a better picture after tonight. Also I am a great salt thrower so I can lend my abilities to any team in the playoffs! Just not you guys or the Rags or the Bruns or the Kings

I like salt. I wish there was more salt in general in here. Playoff time though is soon approaching :)

Can't really have salt when you only have around 5 teams in both conferences that are in some kind of playoff chase. Most teams are either battling for seeding, tanking or just floundering where they can't tank or chase a playoff spot.

Can't really have salt when you only have around 5 teams in both conferences that are in some kind of playoff chase. Most teams are either battling for seeding, tanking or just floundering where they can't tank or chase a playoff spot.

Well througout the entire season there hasn't been that much of saltiness. I mean Edick salt was great and probably made up for a lot of it but he has been MIA for the past couple months. Idk I am looking forward to the playoffs whether or not the Flyers are in it.

Well througout the entire season there hasn't been that much of saltiness. I mean Edick salt was great and probably made up for a lot of it but he has been MIA for the past couple months. Idk I am looking forward to the playoffs whether or not the Flyers are in it.

Hey - fuck the Flyers ;)

Top Bottom