• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Our fans are just as worst with overrated players though. You won't have much trouble finding people who still think Eller and Sekac could be first liners

it's just an echo chamber effect

since there's so many fans, you'll end up finding too many people that agree with you then the hype just kicks up into overdrive and the casuals start paying attention and repeating what the fan base are saying... ends up being a positive feedback loop

this is why i'm tempering my expectations these days... i look at our roster.... but then ask myself... what if we're the next edmonton?

imBask

Banned
it's just an echo chamber effect

since there's so many fans, you'll end up finding too many people that agree with you then the hype just kicks up into overdrive and the casuals start paying attention and repeating what the fan base are saying... ends up being a positive feedback loop

this is why i'm tempering my expectations these days... i look at our roster.... but then ask myself... what if we're the next edmonton?

nah dawg don't worry
you already kinda are

Cake Boss

Banned
32 times before the Habs got #1. Yikes.

lol I ran it once and this happened.

znOhGy4.jpg

yyzjohn

Banned
Well, there are a couple arguments in favour of it that I've seen.

1) if you let it slide another year, then his and Marner's contracts come up for renewal at the same time (maybe Kapanen's too), which could make negotiations difficult in their first contracts

2) the key point here is while it burns a year of ELC, it doesn't burn a year of control. UFA will come up at the same time regardless. So making him play for 2 years on his ELC instead of 3 means he might have less leverage in arbitration. Smaller track record. Maybe this allows them to get a lower AAV in RFA.

McKenzie has mentioned this before. There are advantages to burning the ELC in certain situations, especially with a young team, you don't want 5-6 guys all coming off ELCs in the same year. Also as you mentioned, he'll have less bargaining power when they look at his first 3 ELCs when they determine his next contract. If you save his first year until he's more mature and he lights it up in each of the 3 ELC years, he'll get a bigger deal right away.

yyzjohn

Banned
Lol I am at the crapper at work and I hear this guy brushing his teeth. Fucking idiot.

No lie I was on the shitter at work one day, and suddenly a fucking foot from the next stall over came into my area. He was standing taking a piss and had almost his entire foot in my stall under the barrier. Fucking creeped me right out.

Turns out the guy has a disability and has to stand a certain way while he's pissing so his foot extends out, but I didn't know that at the time.

imBask

Banned
if I ever become that guy who goes to a public/workplace bathroom, farts loudly, coughs disgustingly and spits in an urinal, shoot me.

Can't I just do my business in peace without having you invading my area?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Literally no one asked for a new Indiana Jones, especially with how hard Ford mails it in now.

Foggy

After Nash and Johansen, all teams would salivate if the BJs got the #1 pick. Or any top 5 pick. Or just laugh. Mostly just laugh.

Talking about urinals and public bathrooms, I have a question for you guys about whether or not you guys can stop peeing at any time. Real guy talk in here now because this has been kind of bothering me lately.

This is kind of hard to describe, but for for me I kind of use the muscle that you use to clench your bladder, like internally squeezing or clenching it or something and I can stop at any time and call it good. Obviously it is rarely needed but I have used it a few times. I thought I was normal.

Apparently it isn't because I can use this same muscle thing to stop the stream at any point, which came up in conversation in high school one time with friends and all of them were freaking out that I can just stop peeing at any point, hold it in pretty much however long I want, and then go back no problem. I forgot about that until the other day when it randomly popped in my head.

So is my situation of bladder and internal control that much different from most people?

calder

Literally no one asked for a new Indiana Jones, especially with how hard Ford mails it in now.

So true. And I think SW:TFA exists mainly to showcase how Ford can, if he feels like, still reach back and get his fastball up in the high 80s, especially if he isn't carrying the entire movie.

I sure don't expect much out of him in a new starring role, and I expect less out of a new Indy movie that isn't a (shudder) reboot.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Talking about urinals and public bathrooms, I have a question for you guys about whether or not you guys can stop peeing at any time. Real guy talk in here now because this has been kind of bothering me lately.

This is kind of hard to describe, but for for me I kind of use the muscle that you use to clench your bladder, like internally squeezing or clenching it or something and I can't stop at any time and call it good. Obviously it is rarely needed but I have used it a few times. I thought I was normal.

Apparently it isn't because I can use this same muscle thing to stop the stream at any point, which came up in conversation in high school one time with friends and all of them were freaking out that I can just stop peeing at any point, hold it in pretty much however long I want, and then go back no problem. I forgot about that until the other day when it randomly popped in my head.

So is my situation of bladder and internal control that much different from most people?

I'm pretty sure that's normal, at least I've always been able to do it. Unless I've been holding it in too long, then it's kind of painful to keep it held in after you've started.

imBask

Banned
I just got back from the bathroom, someone farted and complained about the tacos to himself

I literally just posted here about that, you can't make this up

Creeper, red, lamaroo, i'm sure one of you works here.

Quick

Banned

This is kind of hard to describe, but for for me I kind of use the muscle that you use to clench your bladder, like internally squeezing or clenching it or something and I can stop at any time and call it good. Obviously it is rarely needed but I have used it a few times. I thought I was normal.

Someone's been doing kegels. :p

I can stop the stream, but it's definitely uncomfortable. I wouldn't do it.

At the end of the day, everyone's bodies are different.

Pikma

Banned

That definitely sounds like a superpower

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I just got back from the bathroom, someone farted and complained about the tacos to himself

I literally just posted here about that, you can't make this up

Creeper, red, lamaroo, i'm sure one of you works here.
I don't shit in public washrooms.

Top Bottom