• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Montresor

Respect to Mike Johnson (and the CBC stat trackers behind the scenes). The stats about the Leaf power play were fascinating. They carry the puck in on the power play more than anyone else in the league. They get more chances per 2 minutes of power play time than anyone else in the league. But they're 30th in the power play. They're coached well on the power play but they don't have any offensive fire power.

Meanwhile as Mike Johnson is saying all this the Leafs carry it in on the power play multiple times. The only time I saw them dump it in was after Morgan Rielly tripped and was forced just outside the offensive zone.

LevelNth

Banned
What is most exciting about Nylander is his playmaking and decision making are actually better than his shot. But man is that release something else. Absolutely lethal.

zroid

Banned
Rielly has look great these last few games trailing into the zone late on the rush.
Playing with Marincin helps him a lot IMO

I think we need to start maybe facing facts that Rielly isn't going to be good defensively, but a "safe" partner gives him a lot more opportunities to make plays, and it's a tandem that works.

Yawnier

Banned
I rewatched Se7en a few weeks ago. Kevin Spacey is easily one of the best things about that movie.

I haven't seen much else with him in it though beyond that.

Top Bottom