• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Cake Boss

Banned
Tabarnak I missed the whole game. Sounds like a barn burner.

42 shots for and not against?? Wooooow I am so used to 40+ shots against. Habs you are so shit its unbelievable.

zroid

Banned
I just googled the Lithuanian goalie the leafs are after and oh my....

He's also a male model lmao

fc132ac6-4fa2-4564-befb-09c4b098df26_facebook3.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sens up 4 points with a game in hand. The tank continues.

Contract wise essentially the same roster is locked in for next year, and Therrien is definitely staying, and with Price only two more season away from a monster payday, this summer is pretty huge for Bergevin.
What are you talking about? How is the roster locked in? How do you know Therrien is definitely staying?

Oh, right, you're the guy who said Galchenyuk just isn't good while he's sitting on 26 goals.

Please stop talking about the Habs, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

zroid

Banned
fun thing:

the Marlies lost today and then clinched their playoff spot

The Leafs won today and then were eliminated from the playoffs

LevelNth

Banned
What are you talking about? How is the roster locked in? How do you know Therrien is definitely staying?
Lol. The vast majority of your roster is still on contract for next year, meaning trades are the only way to change things up as I highly doubt any of the guys remaining are worth buying out (any worthwhile are just bottom 6 anyways).

I think Therrien is staying because there isn't anyone who sticks out as an obvious replacement right now, and if they need to fire him they'll do it midseason anyways as it'll be a better method to critique the roster.

Hence why I said this summer will be big for Bergevin, as if he's going to make major changes to this roster solely by trades (or the 1 or 2 top 6 guys he has the money to sign, though there's mostly wingers and the Habs don't need wingers) he'll have to pull some pretty fancy moves.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm only catching up on the other games now. Habs let THREE SHORTHANDED GOALS IN?!

I say cot DAYUM!

Still not as bad as that nightmare game the Leafs had against the Isle

Pikma

Banned
Russell blocks shots like there's no fucking tomorrow, such a deeply complex defensive strategy.

Really solid game, even Lehtonen was alright.

Quick

Banned
Went to check out the drop-in shinny hockey game and was told I needed full equipment.

Shinny hockey is done after next week until September.

I saw some of the guys playing and they would've probably destroyed me. Basically, they're all bunch of stoner-types and some older guys. I stick out like a sore thumb being a racial minority. lol

Missed the game. Wish they would've lost, but at least it'll be a confidence building win for the kids.

Beautiful goal by Michalek, and great shot by Nylander. Still need to see Carrick's, but I'm glad he's doing well.

Marvie_3

Banned
Went to check out the drop-in shinny hockey game and was told I needed full equipment.

Shinny hockey is done after next week until September.

I saw some of the guys playing and they would've probably destroyed me. Basically, they're all bunch of stoner-types and some older guys. I stick out like a sore thumb being a racial minority. lol
Youre Jamaican?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lol. The vast majority of your roster is still on contract for next year, meaning trades are the only way to change things up as I highly doubt any of the guys remaining are worth buying out (any worthwhile are just bottom 6 anyways).
So? That means the roster is locked in? Almost every contract on the roster is moveable aside from Desharnais, and it's pretty obvious there will be some big changes by the time September comes around. The roster is far from "locked in".

LevelNth said:
I think Therrien is staying because there isn't anyone who sticks out as an obvious replacement right now, and if they need to fire him they'll do it midseason anyways as it'll be a better method to critique the roster.
Crawford & Boucher are both available and that's just at this moment, not to mention that Bergevin said himself that there would be no changes to the coaching staff until the season was over, but I'm sure you know more than he does.

LevelNth said:
Hence why I said this summer will be big for Bergevin, as if he's going to make major changes to this roster solely by trades (or the 1 or 2 top 6 guys he has the money to sign, though there's mostly wingers and the Habs don't need wingers)
Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. The biggest need this team has had is a #1 and legitimate scoring wingers. Galchenyuk is ready for that #1 C spot and Bergevin will be going out to get those wingers this off season.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty wild stat: today was Henrik Lundqvist's first career regulation loss in a game in which he made 40+ saves. He is now 9-1-7 in such games in his career.

And now consider that he only played 49 minutes.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I've met him and he's definitely a black cat like kave_man

I've met him and wasnt surprised he didnt steal my wallet, unlike Kave

notmycomment.quote

Also Blues leading in shots with 37 (!!!!) - 14 after just two periods.

TWO PERIODS

MATTHEEEEWS

Smiley90

I just realized

If we dont get any points tonight we drop to 4th overall pick

MATTHEEEEWS

we have by far the least ROW after Toronto which is great so we win the tiebreaker against flames&bjs (and even Oilers just one point ahead/behind in 3rd place)

Smiley90

The playoff race in the West couldn't be more boring

The top 3 seeds in the Pacific have been decided for a long time

one wild card spot is already given

the only thing that's left open is Colorado vs Wild for the last spot

lol

west tank too strong

Socreges

Banned
I just realized

If we dont get any points tonight we drop to 4th overall pick

MATTHEEEEWS

we have by far the least ROW after Toronto which is great so we win the tiebreaker against flames&bjs (and even Oilers just one point ahead/behind in 3rd place)
5th. BJs are behind. And no we aren't catching the Oilers.
Edit - whoops, 4th, you were right

calder

Standings are deceptive at the tanking bottom because the fucking oilers have managed to lose so many games already. Unless the Leafs start really sucking I think the oil have 30th. :|

Yawnier

Banned
Standings are deceptive at the tanking bottom because the fucking oilers have managed to lose so many games already. Unless the Leafs start really sucking I think the oil have 30th. :|

Oilers only have 8 games left too

and on that topic I doubt they reach 70-71 points. Teams that already have 66-70 points at the moment probably won't catch them.

Top Bottom