• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

zroid

Banned
Brooksie went in on the NHL expansion rules a bit today. It's slightly Rangers-focused as you might expect, though it does touch on some other teams like the Blackhawks. Though, really, it's not a hard decision for the Rangers if it comes down to "do we protect Dan Girardi or not?" :D
With his NMC, they might have to protect him haha (Staal as well)

depending on how those rules pan out anyways

If NMCs end up being auto-added to the protection list like Daly suggested there's going to be a lot of livid GMs

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Daredevil continues to be the best thing Marvel has put out. What a great season, I love how far they went with the violence.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I never run the simulator. Decided to try today since the Canucks have better odds at this point and it might be uplifting...

1458491548517.jpg

Fuck the world. It's a complete fucking crap shoot

Look at all that Canadian teams gunning for Matthews

Quick

Banned
Daredevil continues to be the best thing Marvel has put out. What a great season, I love how far they went with the violence.

Violence and gore are up a notch from last season. The most violent moments I remember were the suicide by eye/head stabbing when the guy told DD Fisk's name, and Fisk bashing the Russian dude's head on the door of his car.

Jessica Jones had ample gore too, especially near the end (
Kilgrave's mom stabbing herself, and his dad getting chopped up
), but not quite the level of violence on DD season 2.

Violence and gore are up a notch from last season. The most violent moments I remember were the suicide by eye/head stabbing when the guy told DD Fisk's name, and Fisk bashing the Russian dude's head on the door of his car.

Jessica Jones had ample gore too, especially near the end (
Kilgrave's mom stabbing herself, and his dad getting chopped up
), but not quite the level of violence on DD season 2.

JJ also had
the dude pushing his arm in the blender, and fight with lawyer lady and her wife which was bloody as fuck.
DD S2 is really on some next level bloodletting though.

Lineup tonight

Rantanen - Rantanen - Rantanen

Rantanen - Rantanen

Rantanen - Rantanen

Rantanen - Rantanen

Rantanen

Rantanen

Red_Man

I love it, really adds to the drama in these situations were innocent people are actually at risk, part of the problem I have with the MCU movies is you never see the carnage that results from those dramatic fights.

Loved the Punisher, never seen his other movies but he is already a top tier character. My biggest gripe with DD is the same with Batman in that they both refuse to kill which is so stupid, but Punisher addresses that pretty clearly.

Marvie_3

Banned
I love it, really adds to the drama in these situations were innocent people are actually at risk, part of the problem I have with the MCU movies is you never see the carnage that results from those dramatic fights.

Loved the Punisher, never seen his other movies but he is already a top tier character. My biggest gripe with DD is the same with Batman in that they both refuse to kill which is so stupid, but Punisher addresses that pretty clearly.
Dolph Lundgren's finest hour.

Thomas Jane was a good one. The movie wasn't the worst, but definitely a bottom-tier mid-2000s Marvel movie - this was during the time when grunge rock/metal/pop rock were the anthems for superhero movies.

punish7.jpg

Ben Affleck wasn't a bad Daredevil either. You know what The Ben Affleck Daredevil did better than the TV show?

No Foggy Nelson

If NMCs end up being auto-added to the protection list like Daly suggested there's going to be a lot of livid GMs

That seems like a disaster if they do. What would stop teams from adding these to all new contracts between now and the expansion draft?

Razorskin

----- ------
Ben Affleck wasn't a bad Daredevil either. You know what The Ben Affleck Daredevil did better than the TV show?

No Foggy Nelson

Foggy Nelson was in that movie!

And a better Kingpin who didn't rely on fat guy strength.

ZKT8L6W.jpg

That seems like a disaster if they do. What would stop teams from adding these to all new contracts between now and the expansion draft?

They would be still taking a spot on the protection list, it wouldn't be good for GMs.

zroid

Banned

no no the idea is they would count toward the allowance

What Daly said specifically is if the league does respect NMCs in the expansion draft (still undecided), then they would be forced onto the protection list

obviously that would fuck up a lot of teams who gave out NMCs like candy. Thankfully Nonis didn't.

Red_Man

Andrighetto out with an injury

This is fucking stupid, can we just forfeit the rest of the games before someone dies?

DLR drawing back in, fuck me. Is it possible to score a negative amount of goals?

no no the idea is they would count toward the allowance

What Daly said specifically is if the league does respect NMCs in the expansion draft (still undecided), then they would be forced onto the protection list

obviously that would fuck up a lot of teams who gave out NMCs like candy. Thankfully Nonis didn't.

Right - but wouldn't that allow teams to inflate their protection list beyond the 8 or whatever players?

zroid

Banned
Right - but wouldn't that allow teams to inflate their protection list beyond the 8 or whatever players?

Probably not? That would be a really sketchy loophole if true. Either way the league and the PA will have to come to terms on how this is handled. If there's a situation where a team has more than 8-10 players with an NMC, it'll probably be something like only the first 8-10 of those to be handed out will count, and the others will have to be waived for the draft.

No, he's saying you lose spots on your protection list to guys who have NMCs, automatically.

Yes, that is clear. I'm wondering what happens if a team has more than 8 players with NMCs. If Tampa (ie) has 14 very good players with NMCs, are they all protected from the draft?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yes, that is clear. I'm wondering what happens if a team has more than 8 players with NMCs. If Tampa (ie) has 14 very good players with NMCs, are they all protected from the draft?

Interestng scenario - I would assume in thay case (are there really teams with >8 NMC's though? ) the team could pick 8.

Also, bought the Division. My PC isnt top-end by any means but the fact that I can run it on Ultra 1080p and get consistent 70FPS is amazing because it's STUNNING. Great optimization job Ubisoft.

Now if only the servers werent shit and stopped kicking me

And if it wasnt fucking Uplay

Lineup tonight

Rantanen - Rantanen

Rantanen - Rantanen

Rantanen - Rantanen

Rantanen

Rantanen
This is all we need.

Wait we called up Rantanen to center the 4th line? The fuck Roy.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
With his NMC, they might have to protect him haha (Staal as well)

depending on how those rules pan out anyways

Good point. That's some bullshit.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I expect one of Girardi or Marc Staal to be traded at the draft for picks anyway. I think they'd prefer to move Girardi, but Staal would probably be the easier sell. AV is finally beginning the process of getting Girardi away from McDonagh, at least, and the comments from the organization have made it seem pretty clear that this is the last ride for the current core as it has existed for a while.

iLLmAtlc

are the pens flying under the radar a bit? I dunno how much the analytics community still values score-adjusted fenwick since january 1st, but the pens are #2 on that metric behind the kings.

but then again the leafs are #8 so *shrug*

zroid

Banned
Oh I didn't even realise that you Canadians gets the US feed for the NBC games.

There's never a Canadian broadcast unless there's a Canadian team involved (except in the playoffs). If it's being televised here it's 'cause Sportsnet picked up the NBC or local broadcast.

although in this case I'm watching on NHL Centre Ice

Yawnier

Banned
are the pens flying under the radar a bit? I dunno how much the analytics community still values score-adjusted fenwick since january 1st, but the pens are #2 on that metric behind the kings.

but then again the leafs are #8 so *shrug*

I've been watching a few penguins games here and there since their coaching change and they have been playing really good lately. Lots of speed and energy in their lineup with Hagelin and Rust, and Kessel played amazing yesterday.

I mean if they end up facing a team like Florida in the first round or something I think they could "upset" them.

There's never a Canadian broadcast unless there's a Canadian team involved (except in the playoffs). If it's being televised here it's 'cause Sportsnet picked up the NBC or local broadcast.

although in this case I'm watching on NHL Centre Ice

Okay cool. Is Pierre doing this game? I imagine so.

Red_Man

I'm going to watch this Habs - Flames game

What's wrong with me

Habs tickets in nosebleeds selling for $10 :lol

Top Bottom