• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Merguson

Banned
Thanks for the reminder.

tumblr_msdsqlrqLW1rwl09fo1_500.gif

it's okay

dave poulin can't hurt us anymore

zroid

Banned
Not saying that Rakell would be the type of player he is right now if he was with the Leafs, but that Tyler Biggs selection isn't great, to say the least.

Don't forget the other pick.

John Gibson

What's the Leafs' position of weakest depth again?

Merguson

Banned
Not saying that Rakell would be the type of player he is right now if he was with the Leafs, but that Tyler Biggs selection isn't great, to say the least.

Two NHLers in five drafts (so far) isn't certainly a great showing for the Burke/Nonis era. And those were top 7 picks.

fallout

It's mainly because I wanted to workout before I go to work, but I can't do that if I can't shower. I'm not going to go to work smelling like shit.

Not to mention my toilet won't flush, so that's great.
Ha, sorry. I was just making a terrible joke.

Unexpectedly having no water is definitely one of the worst things. We had a water main break in our apartment building a few years back. I don't think I ever appreciated how much water is involved in flushing a toilet until I had to bring in external water for a few days.

Quick

Banned

Silexx

Phaneuf, Carlyle,... Bozak?

Perhaps the one beacon of hope here is that management seemed to really have valued MacArthur's opinion when they were looking to acquire Phaneuf. Hopefully, they will value it again when he tells them 'Hell to the fuck no' on Carlyle.

Quick

Banned
sounds about right

fuck this weather btw, just spent an hour clearing ice off my driveway ;_; what happened to Spring?

Yeah. Fuck this.

I was scraping ice off my car, and the scraper slipped and I ended up scraping the paint off my car. It's a light top layer scratch, but a long one.

FML.

Conversation topic last night: the Oilers had 4 of the last 6 No. 1 picks yet they still suck. Part of is the culture, management, and the rest of the team. But can't you also point to the quality of the players chosen? Outside of McDavid and maybe Hall, it's not like any of their picks were/are superstars. Would things be different had they drafted an Ekblad, a Tavares, a Stamkos, or a Kane? Heck, even a top 2 or 3 pick in some of the last drafts and they could've gotten Doughty or Hedman. Number 1 picks aren't for sure: Stefan and Daigle are proof.

Yes, you can make the argument that some of those players may not have become superstars in the Oilers' system. But it's something to consider.

Yawnier

Banned
I remember Steve Dangle's article specifically from last year, and I just re-read it and got mad again.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/how-ghosts-of-leafs-past-are-haunting-playoffs/

What a painful article.

So yeah Tomas Kaberle basically turned into nothing *sigh*

Conversation topic last night: the Oilers had 4 of the last 6 No. 1 picks yet they still suck. Part of is the culture, management, and the rest of the team. But can't you also point to the quality of the players chosen? Outside of McDavid and maybe Hall, it's not like any of their picks were/are superstars. Would things be different had they drafted an Ekblad, a Tavares, a Stamkos, or a Kane? Heck, even a top 2 or 3 pick in some of the last drafts and they could've gotten Doughty or Hedman. Number 1 picks aren't for sure: Stefan and Daigle are proof.

Yes, you can make the argument that some of those players may not have become superstars in the Oilers' system. But it's something to consider.

Their asset management was terrible under MacT, and even with the Chiapet they've made an iffy move in trading a mid 1st rounder and an early 2nd rounder for Griffin Reinhart at the draft last year.

Even with some of their mid to later draft picks that were actually decent they ended up trading away. They traded away Toby Rieder (4th rounder in 2011) to Arizona for basically peanuts and he has been a middle six winger for Arizona. Super underrated player.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Desharnais back in tonight.

As the 3rd line C. Only on this fucking team would a 6'9 third line center be replaced by a 5'7 center who has one goal in 30 games or whatever the fuck his terrible record is. If these last few games are the last we see Desharnais in a Habs jersey, this clusterfuck of a season will almost have been worth it.

imBask

Banned
Desharnais back in tonight.

As the 3rd line C. Only on this fucking team would a 6'9 third line center be replaced by a 5'7 center who has one goal in 30 games or whatever the fuck his terrible record is. If these last few games are the last we see Desharnais in a Habs jersey, this clusterfuck of a season will almost have been worth it.

I didn't even bother posting it here, McCarron getting pushed over by Desharnais is just normal by now

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I didn't even bother posting it here, McCarron getting pushed over by Desharnais is just normal by now
I'm not surprised, it's just so hilariously ridiculous. Every center on this team aside from Plekanec and Desharnais has played wing at some point this year. DD must have some real dirt on Therrien.

I kid a lot and i'll never force you to use another browser obviously, but Safari on iphone is pretty much a web dev's nightmare, these fucks won't respect any standard. Both Chrome and Firefox on android and iphone work pretty damn well

(not as bad as the good old IE6-7 days though, that was something else)

what do you think of Microsoft's new Edge browser?

Come to think of it, where's Heretic been? He's the one stop guy for Microsoft advice. I'll message him via Windows Phone.

Foggy

Batman 5 Superman starts in a couple minutes. I'm hoping at least one fedora stands up and yells "BULLSHIT!" at the end.

Top Bottom