• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So apparently Randy Cunneyworth is the coach of the Rochester Americans, the team who came back from down 4-1 to win 6-5 against the Icecaps tonight.

Had no idea he was still coaching, and oh man the irony.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Creeper.

RHLqImm.gif

Lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Even the team finds this Stempniak shit ridiculous.
Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN 2h 2 hours ago
Lundqvist laughing how Stempniak constantly kills #NYR: "I don't know what's up w/ Lee, if we did something bad to him when he played here."

Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN 2h 2 hours ago
More Lundqvist on Stempniak: "He's just out of control against us. I can't believe it." #NYR

The fucking Oilers are going to end up in last again and get the first overall pick, aren't they? They've played like four more games than the Leafs, and are just a couple points up.

Fucking Leafs can't even fail well enough when they need to, after years of futility.

KingBroly

Banned
So basically if Canes had some people that could fucking score, they'd be one of the top teams in the league? :(

And Winnipeg

and if Montreal had their Defense

me thinks it shows how bad Corsi is

Like, Florida's in there, and they're near the bottom. So are the Rangers. It's like...those teams are better than that.

zroid

Banned
And Winnipeg

and if Montreal had their Defense

me thinks it shows how bad Corsi is

Like, Florida's in there, and they're near the bottom. So are the Rangers. It's like...those teams are better than that.

Kind of... corsi can be misleading because there's so much more that goes into winning games, particularly special teams and goaltending. Almost every standings oddity you see on that chart can be traced back to really good or bad goaltending and/or special teams.

It's worth noting that every Cup winner of the past 8 years or so has been top 5 in the league in 5v5 corsi.

Foggy

I'm gonna find a nice spot here, get some white chalk, and write "The Edmonton Oilers with the first pick would like to select..."

Cake Boss

Banned
Late last night I was sent a rumour regarding a possible Coaching candidate for the Senators, should they decide to fire Dave Cameron at the end of the year. And honestly, it was a name that sent shivers down my spine. Apparently the Sens are actually considering Randy Carlyle as an option behind the bench.

CeUKM-pW8AAAszy.jpg

"Hello Darkness, my old friend "

So the NHL lottery simulator site seems to be down. Found somewhere else that does it though. Here's what I got on the first go:

1. Winnipeg
2. Toronto
3. Vancouver.

One of the darker timelines for Quick. Best timeline for Jets fans.

Panthers haven't won since 2011 in Boston. Bs on a 4 game loss streak, 1st game home from the Cali trip and both goalies played last night. Cats will find a way to lose :/

zroid

Banned
Considering the Oilers have won almost every lottery in the past few years, them continuing to win every lottery wouldn't be the least bit surprising. Even all three in the same year seems realistic.

zroid

Banned
Dave Poulin praising Rickard Rakell on Leafs Lunch. I wonder if he even knows the depressing Leaf connection. That asshole was in the front office during that draft.

Cake Boss

Banned
These are times when SENS-GAF must put aside old grudges and come together to make a stand in solidarity.

There needs to be campaign to get Fucknylk to sell the team. From all media spectrums, via social media, Facebook pages, change.org pages, twitter spamming his account and other ways like calling in the radio to ask for him to sell the team, making signs at games and shit etc.

He can't keep getting away with it :(

Apartment building is remodeling the apartment right next to me.

They shut off my water. There was no statement beforehand and they didn't warn me.

This is bullshit.

@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers captain Willie Mitchell skates again today but potential return still questionable. Number of concussions worry doctors.

He should retire at this point. Captain is important but at his age and second season with significant time due to concussion at his age? Now worth the 20 or so games left.

Top Bottom