• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

zroid

Banned
I'm just basing this on stats but I don't think most prospects that don't hit at least a PPG in the 3rd year pan out well in the NHL, or just prospects that do the full four years of college. I'm sure there are exceptions but we're going to have make room for the guys from the draft.
Yeah, his 2nd and 3rd years were not that impressive, but he had a strong freshman year so maybe there's something there. I think he could be worth a spot on the Marlies but like you said the Leafs need to be discriminating in whom they hand out NHL contracts to these days.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So Minnesota-Duluth's season ended last night.

Leafs have a decent prospect on that team, Tony Cameranesi, in his senior year.

Not sure if they're going to sign him, we'll see I guess

Is that the kid we signed after he had an impressive rookie camp a few seasons back?

12901470_486711508187352_8106257653603923311_o.jpg

Baby Barkov!

Yawnier

Banned
Is that the kid we signed after he had an impressive rookie camp a few seasons back?
He was a Brian Burke draft pick in like 2011

I have no idea if the new regime sees anything in him though. I got mixed feelings because the Marlies center depth next season will probably be meh without Nylander and they could maybe use someone like him.

zroid

Banned
Woah, the women's NCAA hockey championship game is gonna be on CBS today at 2 pm

you know, the game which happened a week ago

Cake Boss

Banned
CIMaYemUYAACQH6.png

Lool Ottawa's scouting in a nutshell. Picking players for the wrong reasons and getting lucky as fuck in some of them.

Wouldn't surprise me that the reason they picked Hoffman and Francis Perron is that needed a French kid from QMJHL to appease to the Gatineau crowd to sell some tickets. Same reason why they drafted Boroshit.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I honestly have no idea what fair value would be for Yakupov right now. He's pretty much at the lowest value he's ever been. I wouldn't be interested in giving up too much, he's too much of a project.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I honestly have no idea what fair value would be for Yakupov right now. He's pretty much at the lowest value he's ever been. I wouldn't be interested in giving up too much, he's too much of a project.

I imagine a good team to have him on would be toronto where the coach can fix a lot of issues he's having

Basically anyone coming from the oilers will have to have all the garbage they've been told tossed out

Personally his value is a 2nd or late first at best probably... or a decent but not great prospect

Yak would need to really start from scratch. I forget who said it but Yak game is like "someone being chased by bees." At a fundamental level he has to slow his game down.

Quick

Banned

I'd flip a second round pick for Yak. He's still young and possibly salvageable in getting rid of the Oilers stink off him.

His numbers aren't the worst, but there's a huge spotlight glaring on him because he's a 1st overall pick.

Wouldn't mind the Leafs taking a chance on him, but we have all plenty of centres. Maybe he can slot in as a winger. I don't know.

RNH is the real gem when it comes to trade bait though. Would make a good impact on a rebuilding team.

Yawnier

Banned
One of the things that scares me about RNH is his shoulder. One of his shoulders is already fucked from injuries and he is only like 22 years old.

Yak would need to really start from scratch. I forget who said it but Yak game is like "someone being chased by bees." At a fundamental level he has to slow his game down.

I think that was Ray Ferraro. Ray Ferraro is the best.

Yakupov is the Bee Man lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wouldn't mind grabbing Yakupov to see if he could play with AGally again if the price wasn't steep, but Therrien would probably be the worst coach in the league for Yakupov to play under.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's always fascinating to see just how clueless the NBC crew is about how the Rangers have actually been doing. It always makes me wonder what the real story is with the team we're facing every time we have a national game.

zroid

Banned
Sarnia lost its first two games at home against SSM. Would be a huge upset in the 1st round. (7th seed vs 2nd seed)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Penguins have played 2 or 3 pucks that would have been whistled dead if the Rangers had touched it already. This one results in them immediately taking a penalty. Nice work, Pens.

Top Bottom