• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Is that how probabilities work, though? You're assuming 47% remains static, but I'm pretty sure that would go UP as the 2nd and 3rd worst teams have been removed from the equation.

Note: I have nothing to do with math. Once I mastered multiplication tables I decided that's all I'd ever need to know and shut down for the remainder of high school.

I think that's correct. The league adjusts the lottery odds after each team is removed.

Chris R

Ticketmaster is the fucking worst.

On the site ready to go for each game at 12:00 Central for Blackhawk Playoff tickets and got zero.

Quick

Banned
NHL April 2016 |OT| The End of Tankvagelion

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| Canada's Thread

2016 NHL Playoffs |OT| Home of Your 2015-16 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals

Now that the Avs are out of the playoff picture they're going to string together a few wins, get futilely close to Minnesota just to make it sting.

NHL April 2016 |OT| No, YOU're in a Wild Card spot!
:'(

fallout

Is that how probabilities work, though? You're assuming 47% remains static, but I'm pretty sure that would go UP as the 2nd and 3rd worst teams have been removed from the equation.
My bad. The 3 draws are independent. Although, thinking about it more now, I think I'm wrong even if they aren't.

Apparently I don't remember enough from my probability course. :\

Chris R

Now that the Avs are out of the playoff picture they're going to string together a few wins, get futilely close to Minnesota just to make it sting.

Minnesota to go on a 5 game losing streak after going on a 5W streak just to play with us.

edit: oh, yay, was able to get two tickets to the Blackhawks playoff games. Now to see if either of those games line up with the 4 days I'm in Chicago lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Note: I have nothing to do with math. Once I mastered multiplication tables I decided that's all I'd ever need to know and shut down for the remainder of high school.

Probabilities like this always trip me up. Maybe it's like the Monty Hall problem, where your odds are paradoxically higher than they appear to be.

Quick

Banned
Except for October, I've done every thread for 2015-16 so far. I don't mind wrapping up the regular season with the April OT.

I can also do the playoff and off-season OT. But I'll let someone else take the reins if someone wants to do it. :lol

Silexx

NHL April 2016 |OT| Horse Analytics vs Superman

giphy.gif

What you don't know is that he was drunk because he took away beers from a bunch of minors at a bar and downed them to stop them from breaking the law.

What a guy.

yyzjohn

Banned
The off season thread seems rather late considering all Canadian teams are out of the playoffs. That's like 90% of the fans in the hockey thread.

zroid

Banned
If you guys want to keep all the World Championships, AHL playoffs, CHL playoffs, Memorial Cup shit out of this thread, might not be a bad idea to make the off-season thread now, even tho it's early

iLLmAtlc

If you guys want to keep all the World Championships, AHL playoffs, CHL playoffs, Memorial Cup shit out of this thread, might not be a bad idea to make the off-season thread now, even tho it's early

Too early? Nucks off season began in like November

Top Bottom