• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

zroid

Banned
Canucks plz

CepAdy-WAAApFWC.jpg

zroid

Banned
Where can I see the list of 1st rounders each team owns?

Even with Toronto's 1st rounder and Pittsburgh's 1st rounder Edmonton and Vancouver still have a better chance at the #1 spot? Dammit.

Pittsburgh's 1st doesn't play into this because it's lottery protected :(

Vancouver is slotted above Toronto because of their form, I'm pretty sure (aka they lost 8 in a row, and the Leafs have won a bunch recently)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Masterton nominees seem to be coming out now. These are the ones I've been able to find so far.

Boston Bruins - Jonas Gustavsson
Buffalo Sabres - Ryan O'Reilly
Carolina Hurricanes - Nathan Gerbe
Chicago Blackhawks - Michal Rozsival
Dallas Stars - Jamie Benn
Detroit Red Wings - Pavel Datsyuk
Montreal Canadiens - Mike Condon
Nashville Predators - Carter Hutton
New York Rangers - Mats Zuccarello
Philadelphia Flyers - Ghost Bear
Pittsburgh Penguins - Pascal Dupuis
Ottawa Senators - Zack Smith
San Jose Sharks - Joe Thornton
St Louis Blues - Brian Elliott
Tampa Bay Lightning - Anton Stralman
Vancouver Canucks - Dan Hamhuis
Washington Capitals - Dmitry Orlov
Winnipeg Jets - Dustin Byfuglien

Probably safe to say you can pencil in Jaromir Jagr as the Panthers nominee.

Also, nominating Pascal Dupuis seems like cheating. :D

In other Rangers news:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 30m 30 minutes ago
NYR and Boo Nieves have agreed to terms on a two-year entry level contract. Will kick in next season. Nieves will go to HFD now on ATO.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 27m 27 minutes ago
Nieves was NYR 2nd round pick in 2012. 10G and 31 pts in senior year at Michigan. Could've gone UFA by waiting til Aug. 15 but opted for NY.
Solid.

Cake Boss

Banned
Zack Smith? I guess it makes snes he had to overcome playing with Neil and Greening his whole career, now he's finally out of that line and he's succeeding.

This thread is enlightening

Got "definitely not a psychopath". Boring

full on psychopath :3

Went to Houston for the long weekend, a friend was getting married. No joke about everything being bigger in Texas lol. Housing is surprisingly cheap...a house that could easily fetch a million in Brampton is about 300-400k there. Combined with the weather and the fact they have jobs in the field I studied in...

but then I'd have to be a Stars fan 😶
ilu pikma <3

Yawnier

Banned
There's some reports out there the leafs are going after radulov

Leafs becoming a big player for Russians?
We all know the media is probably salivating at the prospect of Radulov signing with the leafs

They need a drama storyline for next season with Kessel and Phaneuf gone and Lupul on Robidas island.

Line_HTX

full on psychopath :3

Went to Houston for the long weekend, a friend was getting married. No joke about everything being bigger in Texas lol. Housing is surprisingly cheap...a house that could easily fetch a million in Brampton is about 300-400k there. Combined with the weather and the fact they have jobs in the field I studied in...

but then I'd have to be a Stars fan &#128566;
ilu pikma <3

Yep, and the food is in bigger quantities too, lol

The only bad thing about the weather is the unbearable summer.

EWWW, fuck being a Stars fan.

zroid

Banned
So Women's World Championships kick off today

finally we'll get some salt in here, US vs Canada tonight at 10:30 PT

Socreges

Banned
Canucks plz

CepAdy-WAAApFWC.jpg
Looking at that graph, I'm reminded that it's silly to expect #1. But the guarantee of #4 or higher is the reward. Canucks are doing everything in their power to get there. Pretty inspiring.

If you place last, and two other teams win the first and second pick, what are your odds of getting that third pick?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at that graph, I'm reminded that it's silly to expect #1. But the guarantee of #4 or higher is the reward. Canucks are doing everything in their power to get there. Pretty inspiring.

If you place last, and two other teams win the first and second pick, what are your odds of getting that third pick?

Looks like 26%.

In this chart, the second and third place teams win the first and second pick:
article_2a4c8f3d-0eb3-4e1f-a463-d0e0e1a7e36f.png

Yawnier

Banned
Next 48 hours are going to be telling as to where the laffs finish in the standings. I'm expecting them to pass the canucks and lolilers at this point in their drive for 12th but whoever else who knows.

TB often gives the laffs a hard time but they beat TB a few weeks ago so ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Guys I'm really worried about Robidas.

Did Lou really give him cement boots and drop him in the middle of Lake Ontario?

fallout

Looks like 26%.

In this chart, the second and third place teams win the first and second pick:
article_2a4c8f3d-0eb3-4e1f-a463-d0e0e1a7e36f.png
I don't think 26% is right. Assuming this chart I plucked off the internet is correct:

GPxz9aX.jpg

If you have a 47% chance of getting 4th, then that shouldn't change. Thus, your odds of not getting 4th (i.e., 1st, 2nd or 3rd) = 53%. If you didn't get 1st or 2nd, then you should still have a 53% chance of getting 3rd.

zroid

Banned
my favourite thing about this lottery system is that the 4th last place team has an incredibly small chance of picking 4th overall

Chris R

my favourite thing about this lottery system is that the 4th last place team has an incredibly small chance of picking 4th overall

I don't know, I think the 4th place team might be ok with a 30% chance to move up at the cost of a 57% chance of drafting 5th-7th. I mean we always hear about the "Generational Talents" available for the first pick, but don't hear much about 5-7.

Plus, don't the 5-7s usually end up being better players over an entire career?

Socreges

Banned
I don't think 26% is right. Assuming this chart I plucked off the internet is correct:

GPxz9aX.jpg

If you have a 47% chance of getting 4th, then that shouldn't change. Thus, your odds of not getting 4th (i.e., 1st, 2nd or 3rd) = 53%. If you didn't get 1st or 2nd, then you should still have a 53% chance of getting 3rd.
Is that how probabilities work, though? You're assuming 47% remains static, but I'm pretty sure that would go UP as the 2nd and 3rd worst teams have been removed from the equation.

Note: I have nothing to do with math. Once I mastered multiplication tables I decided that's all I'd ever need to know and shut down for the remainder of high school.

Top Bottom