• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

7drHiqr.gif

7drHiqr.gif

7drHiqr.gif

Holy fuck it's actually happening. Let's see if it last until the end of the game.

I don't expect that line to last for the full game.

Quick

Banned
Just got an email from a client today, threatening to email my boss if I don't get something for him right now.

I just emailed him with "Please feel free to contact [Quick's boss]."

giphy.gif

Line_HTX

Just got an email from a client today, threatening to email my boss if I don't get something for him right now.

giphy.gif

Now that's what I call Veteran Leadership.

And why would anyone threaten you?

D:

Quick

Banned
You truly are Jim Halpert

Anytime I talk to my boss, I imagine a camera crew filming everything, and I just make a Jim Halpert face.

Veteran move!

More like, "Quick doesn't care anymore." :lol

Now that's what I call Veteran Leadership.

And why would anyone threaten you?

D:

No idea. It actually came out of nowhere. I answered the guy's question, and he emailed back saying he "doesn't accept" my response, then said, "are you not in charge of helping clients and answer their questions, or should I contact [boss's name] instead?"

If any of you guys are watching the stream off of reddit, but the guy streaming keeps putting up old ass hilarious videos during the commercials and I can't stop laughing.

Socreges

Banned

giphy.gif
I love those moments.

*client goes over my head and calls my boss*
*boss says he'll call him back, books conference room, invites me*
Me: "Hello"
Client: "Oh, [Socreges' boss], I thought only we would talk"
Boss: "Well you were saying things that contradict what I'd heard from [Socreges], so I'd like to ensure we're on the same page."
Client: "I see."
*awkward and tense conversation*
Client: "I need [Socreges] to leave."
Me: "Well, good speaking with you."
*I remain in room*

This guy was from Japan and would always try and isolate my boss to trip us up. ie, say something I'd never said that he suspected, hoping to have his suspicions verified. It's kinda funny (since it hasn't worked yet) but fucking irritating

For anyone that wants to ask why it's relevant that he's from Japan, I've found Japanese businessmen to be overly tactical and suspicious. But maybe it's just me.

No idea. It actually came out of nowhere. I answered the guy's question, and he emailed back saying he "doesn't accept" my response, then said, "are you not in charge of helping clients and answer their questions, or should I contact [boss's name] instead?"

Man, people like that are why I stopped doing sales in college, and promised to never do it again.

Helping clients does not mean carte blanche to be your personal yes man/slave/punching bag to every whim. Made me want to reach out and slap them every time I got that attitude.

I've been lucky to not have to deal with that yet in any of my jobs. I feel it's mostly a function of my roles, having to not deal with the sales side much aside from "we promised the client this, please engineer it".

Marvie_3

Banned

giphy.gif
Its the weekend. I dont have time to clean up your messes right now, quick.

Quick

Banned
I love those moments.

*client goes over my head and calls my boss*
*boss says he'll call him back, books conference room, invites me*
Me: "Hello"
Client: "Oh, [Socreges' boss], I thought only we would talk"
Boss: "Well you were saying things that contradict what I'd heard from [Socreges], so I'd like to ensure we're on the same page."
Client: "I see."
*awkward and tense conversation*
Client: "I need [Socreges] to leave."
Me: "Well, good speaking with you."
*I remain in room*

This guy was from Japan and would always try and isolate my boss to trip us up. ie, say something I'd never said that he suspected, hoping to have his suspicions verified. It's kinda funny (since it hasn't worked yet) but fucking irritating

For anyone that wants to ask why it's relevant that he's from Japan, I've found Japanese businessmen to be overly tactical and suspicious. But maybe it's just me.

I had a similar situation where a client and his representative were basically contradicting our email chains, during a meeting with my boss. I actually printed our email chains as well as take note of every interaction with him. The big thing he was using to his advantage was that he wasn't notified of anything while he was out of the country last summer.

But then, I had an email chain between himself and his representative and he mentioned being in China, as well as the representative acknowledging that we did notify her about his issue, and she was forwarding this to him.

Welp. lol

Man, people like that are why I stopped doing sales in college, and promised to never do it again.

Helping clients does not mean carte blanche to be your personal yes man/slave/punching bag to every whim. Made me want to reach out and slap them every time I got that attitude.

I just send them really blunt emails basically saying, "Well, it is what it is. Do with this information what you want."

You should have cc'd your boss on the email.

I was gonna copy his assistant to the email, but I figured I'd let this play out. I don't care enough. :lol

Its the weekend. I dont have time to clean up your messes right now, quick.

Marvie pls.

tumblr_n99vu9ommy1qau8uxo1_400.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Don't know if it's been posted but Price said he's not playing at the Worlds.

That's your music Holtby.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Preds first line is worthless. Definitely looking like the Blue Jackets won the Jones-Johansen trade.

Also Jackman scratched for the third time. Guess it'll be a regular thing.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
To be honest, I knew that the Preds would be bad at 3-on-3 from the start of the season. Not 1-11 bad, though.

They're 1-10 in OT/SO this year and have lost the last 7.

Let's fight about this.

Well, the Preds can win shootouts, at least. The problem is getting to them in the first place.

Top Bottom