• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

8WgVkUS.jpg

I can live with this.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Miller-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Fast
Lindberg-E.Staal-Stalberg
Glass-Moore-Hayes

McDonagh-Girardi
M.Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein

Raanta

Razorskin

----- ------
That was a garbage hit that started that mess, in garbage time, against the Coyotes' best player. Last person to listen to is Brian Hayward. Biggest play by play homer in the US. He deserved to take a fist to the face for that.

Dropping the gloves with the guy's back turned is not ok.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That sure seemed like it must have gone in. No idea where that actually went, though,

EDIT: Nope, that's no goal.

Not really sure why this review is taking so long. You can't see the puck go in.

NHL crackin down it seems.

i'm actually surprised, I assumed they would crack down hard next year once nhl.tv is finally sorted out and they can provide a quality product, because right now their streaming hasn't impressed me everytime i've used it for their free game of the week

Stasis

I don't watch other sports anymore. Is reffing/their equivalent of Toronto as fucking terrible?

And I see this shit as much against us as for us against other teams. No conspiracy theory nonsense... just a "wtf" way too often for a pro sports league. Changes are needed.

I just wanted to drop in to say fuck the Blackhawks.

Happy Birthday Marvie. Hope your team gets stuck in a late season blizzard and has to forfeit the rest of the season.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

That vague shadow is supposed to be definitive? I mean, I believe that it's there because it makes logical sense, but I've also seen way way more convincing still called no goal before.

Nor does it really address the fact that Winnik pushed Raanta into the net in the first place with his stick in the abdomen.

I remain salty on this one.

And, for that matter, on the second goal where the Capitals shouldn't have had a power play at all in the first place, having had too many men on the ice during the delayed penalty.

Nevermind the fact that the Rangers had too many men on the ice on the PK right before the goal was scored...

That vague shadow is supposed to be definitive? I mean, I believe that it's there because it makes logical sense, but I've also seen way way more convincing still called no goal before.

Nor does it really address the fact that Winnik pushed Raanta into the net in the first place with his stick in the abdomen.

No, you can see it moving in front of Klein's right skate towards Raanta and into his body.

Ccv3NHoW4AAUTdz.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
No, you can see it moving in front of Klein's right skate towards Raanta and into his body.

Ccv3NHoW4AAUTdz.jpg

Yeah, I see it there. Where it's outside of the net. Outside of the net doesn't count.

It then disappears once it goes behind Klein's skate and you kinda sorta see a shadow under Raanta which is...probably the puck? That's about as good as you can say from that angle. That that's probably the puck bouncing in the net into Raanta's armpit. But as far as I know that's not supposed to be the standard for awarding a goal.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
One too many passes a few times on that power play. I like what Eric Staal brought to that unit, though. We haven't really had that presence.

Socreges

Banned

And, for that matter, on the second goal where the Capitals shouldn't have had a power play at all in the first place, having had too many men on the ice during the delayed penalty.

Nevermind the fact that the Rangers had too many men on the ice on the PK right before the goal was scored...

Yeah, I see it there. Where it's outside of the net. Outside of the net doesn't count.

It then disappears once it goes behind Klein's skate and you kinda sorta see a shadow under Raanta which is...probably the puck? That's about as good as you can say from that angle. That that's probably the puck bouncing in the net into Raanta's armpit. But as far as I know that's not supposed to be the standard for awarding a goal.
Oh shush

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This was maybe Keith Yandle's best game as a Ranger. He was all over the place and played huge minutes even though McDonagh is usually supposed to be the one who does the heavy lifting against Ovi and the Capitals. Big, big game for him.

Antti Raanta has been brilliant in his last 3 games, too, basically ever since he was heartbroken by giving up what looked like a win against the Kings a few weeks back. Great to have him confident and playing like he was early on in the season.

Big game also for Jesper Fast. He was probably the Rangers' best forward tonight, along with Stepan.

Foggy

After a historically bad start and a whole lot of garbage play and Bobrovsky staying out with his paper groin, after all that, BJs now have sole possession of the number 8 spot in the draft. What a bunch of bums.

Top Bottom