• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

malfcn

Holtby game prep.

I could use a better routine. I get to the rink within an hour, minimal stretching and then get on the ice during the 3 minute count down. Normally I am fairly good at shrugging off goals.

Last game was another story. We got bodied 7-1, and I cracked my stick on the net. And then swung for the pipe again and my stick flew into the corner of the ice. Aaand because a ref was skating by they debated a misconduct call because they thought I threw it at him.

Also, Holtby has a stupid pant size.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Supposedly the NHL released the footage from the post cam to MSG that shows the puck clearly in on the Beagle goal. I haven't seen it online yet, though.

Razorskin

----- ------
uPZBmOB.jpg

As terrible looking as always.

Stasis

The second game in two days coming off a shitty loss, facing the best team in the league at the moment with our backup goalie and pulling out a W? I'll take it.

Still not sure I wanna dance for 4-7 games with this year's Caps though, despite previous playoffs' outcomes. Not sure I wanna start it off with the Isles either though.

Flames trying desperately to out tank us

xws3Wtp.png

good thing we still have Bernier

Backstrom has been pretty good in his career. Until Yeo ran him dry playing him like 25 games out of 30 down the stretch two years back. Dude is like 35 he can't handle that.

I hope he does well in Calgary. Seems like he's a nice guy.

zroid

Banned
I kind of feel bad knowing how much Dion is going to get booed, but his tenure here was a big disappointment. He's not a bad guy.

people should be booing Nonis, Poulin, and Loiselle

Nonis is with the Ducks, Poulin is with TSN, and Loiselle is with Hockey Canada (I think)

Nicklas Treutle, the goaltender the coyotes called up to play against the Ducks and who gave up 5 goals on 16 shots was sent back down. Poor guy. If that's his only taste of the NHL it would be a bummer.

Now they've brought up 21 year old marek langhamer from Springfield to be a backup and will play Domingue until he falls over dead.

Tanguay, who excused himself from Thursday's game, his first as a coyote, is preparing to play tonight. "I want to play. I want to feel like a part of the team."

Hoooooooo boy.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've accepted we won't get a top 5 pick, we'll have to settle for 6-10, really hoping we can manage to land at 7 or 8

We've got a bit of a lead up on all the teams below us though, we're going to have to run with Scrivens the rest of the way, and if Price comes back we're fucked.

Red_Man

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Eller-Plekanec-Andrighetto
De La Rose-Danault-Mitchell
Matteau-McCarron-Byron

7drHiqr.gif

7drHiqr.gif

7drHiqr.gif

Holy fuck it's actually happening. Let's see if it last until the end of the game.

imBask

Banned
Galchenyuk is playing center tonight on the first line, his line was working a little too well for Therrien's taste

Quick

Banned
I haven't seen Cloverfield in years, probably in 5-6 years now.

The first time I watched it, I remember the reports of people getting motion sickness because of the shaking camera, and I just dismissed it. When I actually watched it, I did feel a bit nauseous midway through, and had to look away for a moment just to readjust.

Red_Man

Watching Cloverfield for the first time in like 5 years. This movie is gud
I actually just re-watched this a couple of weeks ago after seeing the trailer for the new may or may not be related movie.

It really is great, and I laughed when I realized T. J. Miller (Silicon Valley) was the guy holding the camera the entire movie.

Top Bottom