• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Oh Caps got to 100 points today

H5NYlki.gif

But it shouldn't be a surprise. We are better than the Bruins.

KingBroly

Banned
But it shouldn't be a surprise. We are better than the Bruins.

Look. While we have the most points, for the last month we haven't played so well.

Now, I think we're starting to get our legs back under us after the 3 games in 2 weeks break we had, but it's unfortunately been a bit too familiar if you know what I mean.

zroid

Banned
Kapanen and Lipstick are going back to the Marlies. They were emergency recalls which means a couple players are healthy again.

Yawnier

Banned
Isn't Michalek supposed to be healthy by now? Where the hell is he.

Also I want to see Brown too but he missed like +30 games so idk. He was the second most impressive marlie in training camp and in pre-season (yeah I know it was pre-season but still). Once he is called up Babs might want to keep him up though lol.

zroid

Banned
Yeah pretty sure they're just being cautious with Brown since he missed so much time. I could see him getting called up late in the season as an emergency recall if someone gets "injured" again, but I'm not sure they want to use their only one remaining regular call-up on him.

^^^ PK making me look bad after I vociferously defended him the other day

Mar_05__2016_19_25.0.gif

lmao, poor ol pk

Partially on the dude who drops down to blueline. PK had a clear outlet then it was gone lol

What a shit game last night, glad I meed it. The Alberta adds seems to have the same defensive mindset of their former teams. Need a good bounceback against Boston. I want the Division back, damnit.

Socreges

Banned
Partially on the dude who drops down to blueline. PK had a clear outlet then it was gone lol
Buh? It wasn't gone. PK cut right for no good reason and made a horrible drop pass. That's entirely on him. He got that feeling that Russian hockey players and Latino soccer players get after they make one fancy play successfully - must do another!

KingBroly

Banned
I just didn't realize the Caps were that close already.

Also food poisoning is no fucking joke.. Jesus christ

Despite being the best team in the League, the Capitals have gotten like...no press at all. It's kinda remarkable, really.

All these teams get streaks. Tampa, Dallas, Chicago, Anaheim, Montreal... no one seems to care about us.

Then they see the points and it's like 'wow, how'd they get there?'

Despite being the best team in the League, the Capitals have gotten like...no press at all. It's kinda remarkable, really.

All these teams get streaks. Tampa, Dallas, Chicago, Anaheim, Montreal... no one seems to care about us.

Yeah I knew the Caps were close but I didn't realize they were that close.

ZeroGravity

Caps dominating the regular season is nothing new. We've seen this story before and everyone knows how it ends. If they actually manage to get beyond the second round for once, there's your story.

zroid

Banned
I wonder about the Caps... they are currently beating their xG projections by like 3 standard deviations or something silly like that. it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they regress pretty hard in the playoffs. guess we'll see.

in fairness they do have uber-talents like Ovi and Kuzy who can reliably beat xG, it's just a question of trying to tease out how much is skill and how much is variance.

KingBroly

Banned
I wonder about the Caps... they are currently beating their xG projections by like 3 standard deviations or something silly like that. it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they regress pretty hard in the playoffs. guess we'll see.

in fairness they do have uber-talents like Ovi and Kuzy who can reliably beat xG, it's just a question of trying to tease out how much is skill and how much is variance.

I think our regression period has been the past month, but we're coming out of it.

In a way The Capitals are kinda like the Toronto Raptors. No one really talks about them and they both are having one of the best seasons in their franchises history. Both franchises kinda get overlooked because they haven't made it past the 1st round in a long time.

In a way The Capitals are kinda like the Toronto Raptors. No one really talks about them and they both are having one of the best seasons in their franchises history. Both franchises kinda get overlooked because they haven't made it past the 1st round in a long time.

Yeah but The Caps still have one of the biggest names in hockey on the team

Pikma

Banned

We haven't had any remotely long streaks at all, what the hell are you talking about?

stop with this "everyone is against my team" shit.
I don't think you should worry about any recognition at all, once they actually accomplish something I can guarantee you they'll get their due.

Razorskin

----- ------

Caps really are this year's Flames.

Socreges

Banned
Raps are in 4th and the Warriors deserve all the attention, to be fair.

KingBroly

Banned
We haven't had any remotely long streaks at all, what the hell are you talking about?

stop with this "everyone is against my team" shit.
I don't think you should worry about any recognition at all, once they actually accomplish something I can guarantee you they'll get their due.

The people against my team, the 2015-2016 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals:
- Pikma
- Gary Bettman
- Every NHL Referee
- Every Rangers fan and Player

Pikma

Banned
The people against my team, the 2015-2016 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals:
- Pikma
- Gary Bettman
- Every NHL Referee
- Every Rangers fan and Player
I'm not against your team, I'd love to see the Caps finally get a SC.

I am against you

Yawnier

Banned
Does anybody seriously see the caps beating the blackhawks or kings in the SCF?

I just don't see it, and even to get to the SCF the caps are gonna have to get past the second round for once.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Seems to me like the Caps are getting plenty of attention. Maybe it's a Canada thing?

Anyway, Magnus Hellberg has been called right back up again to back up Antti Raanta this afternoon/evening (5 pm is a damn weird start time). Hank still out, considered day to day.

Marc Staal is also out again tonight due to "back spasms from dehydration from the flu."

Meanwhile, Rick Nash skated again today. AV says he expects him to join the team for practice some time later this week.

Hmm.. reminds me of two days ago

zayUr0p.gif

Or that sequence against Colorado and they scored the game winner a few months back.

Okay, I see why Subban was kept off the Initial 16 roster that was announced for Team Canada.

God we need another elite Defenceman that can handle PK's Bullshit. Markov can only do so much at his age.

Pls Juulsen please be a stud.

Socreges

Banned
Or that sequence against Colorado and they scored the game winner a few months back.

Okay, I see why Subban was kept off the Initial 16 roster that was announced for Team Canada.

God we need another elite Defenceman that can handle PK's Bullshit. Markov can only do so much at his age.

Pls Juulsen please be a stud.
*nods* Yes, Creeper. PK has been terrible this entire time. Now you see.

Run PK out of town plz Montreal, we'll take a Suban & Suban pairing
I really hope Jordan continues to develop because right now it sounds like he can't handle NHL defense.

I think we will run Pacioretty or Galchenyuk out of town before Subban.
But Galchenyuk is "elite" now.

Top Bottom