• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Quick

Banned
Oilers @ Jets Heritage Classic Oct 23

WCQFVH3.png

slide_323398_3069879_free1.gif

I'm glad the league isn't running the Heritage Classic brand to the ground by having it every year.

I'm disappointed that Leipsic and, especially Kapanen, were loaned back to the Marlies. I know that they didn't do as well as the others, but I'd rather see what they have to offer at the NHL level than worry about slotting in Boyes, Michalek or Greening.

zroid

Banned
I'm disappointed that Leipsic and, especially Kapanen, were loaned back to the Marlies. I know that they didn't do as well as the others, but I'd rather see what they have to offer at the NHL level than worry about slotting in Boyes, Michalek or Greening.

They weren't sent back based on merit, they were emergency call-ups. Once the injured player they were replacing is healthy they have to be sent back. There's a limit of 4 regular call-ups after the trade deadline, and 3 of them were used for Nylander, Carrick, and Sparks. Guess we'll see what they decide to do with the 4th call-up.

Interesting Drouin Development.

http://www.620wdae.com/onair/steve-duemig-6168/phil-esposito-lightning-need-more-physical-14448872/

Phil Esposito said that according to a reliable source, the majority of Drouin's refusal to play for Syracuse is Drouin and his parents fault. I say this to try to clear up at least some of the talk about Allan Walsh's mishandling of this situation.

Discussion at the 7:30 mark:
Phil Esposito:
I've heard this: it wasn't the agent (Walsh). It was [Drouin].

I've heard this from a very, very good source. Drouin called Walsh and told him, "I'm on my way to Montreal, I'm going home," and Walsh told Drouin, "Don't, don't do that.” Drouin replied, “Nope. My dad wants me to go home, so I’m going home.”

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
AGally getting 2 goals and still losing in regulation is the best possible outcome. I really hope Price doesn't come back too soon and fuck up the tank.

Patches looked his best in months, weird how that happens when he plays with an actual offensive center.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Today I learned that Eric Staal is apparently an Islanders killer. 42 points in 44 games. This pleases me greatly. Let's see if he can get any today.

Miller-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Fast
Lindberg-E.Staal-Stalberg
Glass-Moore-Hayes

McDonagh-Girardi
Yandle-Klein
Boyle-McIlrath

Raanta

Quick

Banned
Today I learned that Eric Staal is apparently an Islanders killer. 42 points in 44 games. This pleases me greatly. Let's see if he can get any today.

Miller-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Fast
Lindberg-E.Staal-Stalberg
Glass-Moore-Hayes

McDonagh-Girardi
Yandle-Klein
Boyle-McIlrath

Raanta

Eric Staal as a Ranger just seems like such a natural fit.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Listened to you imbask and finally watched Better Call Saul, finished this first season this week. Pretty great, but I wouldn't put it up there with BB yet, the parts with Mike are probably my favourite.

I -loved- BB when it was airing but reflecting on it over the last 6 months has made me realize just how much nonsense went on with the story telling. I still like it but my god the contrast between how serious the show took itself vs how unbelievable a lot of the character arcs were makes me less of a fan.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Raanta is getting NO help whatsoever.

Islanders have had about 4 or 5 odd man rushes already. Shots are 7-0 Islanders. Score is 2-0. It's only 3:58 into the game. It hasn't been as close as those numbers even sound.

Now an Islanders power play.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
A shot! 10:10 in the game, Eric Staal gets the Rangers' first shot on goal to the roar of the crowd. :D

One of the louder Bronx cheers I can remember hearing in a while.

Top Bottom