• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

Solo

I do believe that the Habs clinch if they beat Florida tomorrow.

Really it's all just posturing at this point for Habs/Rags round 1. There'a a concert at the Bell Centre on the first Saturday of the playoffs (Apr. 15) so you can bet that Game 1 will be Wednesday the 12th and Game 2 will be Friday the 14th.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I do believe that the Habs clinch if they beat Florida tomorrow.

Really it's all just posturing at this point for Habs/Rags round 1. There'a a concert at the Bell Centre on the first Saturday of the playoffs (Apr. 15) so you can bet that Game 1 will be Wednesday the 12th and Game 2 will be Friday the 14th.

Habs/Rangers is as guaranteed as the Raptors first playoff game being at 12:30pm on day 1 of the NBA playoffs.

Curufinwe

Stephen King has always been a gross-ass dude. Same with George Martin. But fantastically efficient writers (or were, at one time).

Hey, this Lollys Stokeworth character Bronn is gonna marry seems like she would have had a bigger role in the books, let me go find out her back story.... oh.

Marvie_3

Banned
But I digress, if you guys must argue about Norris voting (boring) or HHoF worth (super fucking boring) more power to you I guess.
Its either make it look like im busy doing work by arguing about pointless hockey shit on GAF or I have to do actual work.

calder

Its either make it look like im busy doing work by arguing about pointless hockey shit on GAF or I have to do actual work.

Everyone should be doing worthwhile labour while at work like me - I'm reading up on D prospects for the draft. There's a decent chance Timothy Liljegren could fall outside the top 5 which will be likely around where the Jets will draft. But then I look at this Miro Heiskanen kid and I'm intrigued...

Beyond that, I've just been reading the Persona 5 review thread like
500.gif

It's spring break here this week which means work is extra dead. I've done, maybe, 30 minutes of actual work today.

calder

Oh thank christ

Dan Rosen @drosennhl
BREAKING: Protected and available player lists for the Vegas expansion draft WILL be made public and released likely on June 18, per NHL.

It was a joke the league, or the GM's, even tried to do anything else but whatever that shit will be fascinating.

PillarEN

Not reading anything P5 related. Gonna play that thing going in blind. Just... have to do something about this PS3 not booting up. Don't feel comfortable disassembling consoles but I gotta reflow those processing units, clean the fan, and add new thermal paste onto the processors.

Quick

Banned
If the NHL makes a CLINCHED graphic for the Leafs, I'd be so happy.

Just realized the season's almost done. Time really flew by quick.

calder

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun
NHL had lots internal discussion after initial idea of not disclosing protected lists. Some league staff pushed hard for making them public

So, the GM's tried really really hard to protect themselves from criticism/attention of any kind but the league forced them to not be babies for once.

calder

Greg Wyshynski @wyshynski
Congrats Oilers fans. It's been a long two years since you were gifted the best player in the world after winning like 10 other lotteries.

I don't like Wysh much but I'm a huge fan of pettiness, salt, and trolling Oilers fans so he's partially redeemed himself in my eyes.

Canucks have 69 points, 1 more than New Jersey and 6 more than Arizona. All 3 teams have 6 games left.

Coyotes: 4 home games, 3 against playoff teams
-vs. Blues
-vs. Caps
-at Kings
-at Stars
-vs. Canucks
-vs. Wild

Devils: 3 home games, 1 against a playoff team
-at Islanders
-at Flyers
-vs. Flyers
-vs. Penguins
-vs. Islanders
-at Wings

Canucks: 3 home games, 4 against playoff teams
-vs. Kings
-vs. Sharks
-at Sharks
-at Coyotes
-vs. Oilers
-at Oilers

With a tough schedule, the Coyotes could pass the Canucks for 29th.

Socreges

Banned
I have a hard time seeing the coyotes passing the canucks in the tank standings tbh
Same.

I could see the Canucks passing the Devils, but regardless the lottery is such a crapshoot. I'm prepared for the Canucks to draft 6th or 7th and will be pleasantly surprised if they get a lottery pick.

Just ran the lottery simulator for kicks:

First pick: Philly
Second pick: Colorado
Third pick: ............... Jets.......

fucking Jets man. They're too good to get a lottery pick this year it ain't right.

Top Bottom