• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

imBask

Banned
idk if he's HoF material

in terms of points, probably
in terms of personality, probably, motherfucker took pay cuts all his career to stay here

but yeah he never won anything, much like Saku Koivu he probably doesn't deserves the honor based on that. Price COULD be the exception to that rule

Solo

It may sound silly, but I think another thing Markov could have going in his favor with voters is spending his entire career with one team. A rarity in 2017 to have spend 17 seasons with one team.

Solo

idk if he's HoF material

in terms of points, probably
in terms of personality, probably, motherfucker took pay cuts all his career to stay here

but yeah he never won anything, much like Saku Koivu he probably doesn't deserves the honor based on that. Price COULD be the exception to that rule

Price is more of a surety than Markov for HOF, I think. He's won gold in the Olympics if nothing else, if he stays with the Habs he'll retire with pretty much every franchise record, and as long as he doesn't fall off a cliff, he'll have the career #'s to get in, Cup or not.

imBask

Banned
will Karlsson get in then? He's not winning a cup, and most likely won't win a gold medal... what's your threshold of points to get in?

Cake Boss

Banned
will Karlsson get in then? He's not winning a cup, and most likely won't win a gold medal... what's your threshold of points to get in?

Has 2 fucking Norrises and more coming ya ding.

I am sorry guys. Sorry to rain on your circle jerk parade of magical hall of fame discussion, those discussions are never pre mature and Hens fans don't have a history of getting a bit too excited over average shit, and getting ahead of themselves.

yyzjohn

Banned
yeah, all with different jerseys too, it's gonna be great

t6Apbe6.gif

Calamari41

41 > 38

Solo

I was just looking at Price's numbers and he's on the verge of setting a franchise record! 3 more losses and he'll be the all-time franchise loss leader :lol

By the end of next season, barring injury or Kreider in the playoffs, he'll be the franchise leader in games played, losses, and maaaaaybe wins (he'd have to win about 45 games). He's 6th in GAA but 1st in SV%. The only record out of reach for his career is shutouts. He has 39 and the franchise record is 75. Ain't happening.

Line_HTX

Sorry, I'm just still pissed at San Jose since opening night, and lashed at how you people acted on the previous page.

Just not feeling the game when they and Calgary inflicted injuries on the Kings.

Fuck the Flames.

And calamari tastes like SHIT! ;P

Line_HTX

You know, I never knew who that weirdo in those reaction gifs was before he started digging and digging deeper into his own grave.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Me too. I'm super bummed to find out NSP is tangentially related to him.

Only really in the sense that Danny Sexbang took Jontron's old job. Which really was an upgrade in every respect.

Speaking of upgrades:

Keith Yandle - 76 GP, 5 G, 35 A, 40 P - $6.35m thru 2023, age 30
Brady Skjei - 76 GP, 5 G, 33 A, 38 P - $925k thru 2018, age 23

Not bad, kid. Not bad.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I was just looking at Price's numbers and he's on the verge of setting a franchise record! 3 more losses and he'll be the all-time franchise loss leader :lol

By the end of next season, barring injury or Kreider in the playoffs, he'll be the franchise leader in games played, losses, and maaaaaybe wins (he'd have to win about 45 games). He's 6th in GAA but 1st in SV%. The only record out of reach for his career is shutouts. He has 39 and the franchise record is 75. Ain't happening.

Damn thats a lot of shutouts.

Speaking of shutouts, how does this year compare to last year for overall game shutouts?

Socreges

Banned
It may sound silly, but I think another thing Markov could have going in his favor with voters is spending his entire career with one team. A rarity in 2017 to have spend 17 seasons with one team.
Nah.

What would work in his favour, and which I believe is true, is leading Russian dmen in scoring.

Solo

Nah.

What would work in his favour, and which I believe is true, is leading Russian dmen in scoring.

Gonchar and Zubov are ahead of him.

On the Russian front....Ovi is now second all-time in Rusian NHL scoring with 1032 points. #1 is Federov with 1179. Ovi will catch him in about 2.5 seasons at his current pace.

Parch

It'll be like the CFL where half the teams are Roughriders
Congratulations Saskatchewan. You get a team in the CFL. What are you going to call your team?
Roughriders!
No, there's already a team called the Rough Riders. You have to call them something else.
Roughriders!
*groan*

Solo

Markov in the HOF??? Ahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha

Duncan Keith - 909 gp, 509 pts - 0.56 ppg
Andrei Markov - 985 gp, 572 pts - 0.58 ppg

Yes, Keith has won 2 Norris trophies and a Conn Smythe, so obviously he has Markov beat. Just saying that it's not laughable based on production. And Markov lost 2.5 years in his prime, so he'd likely be way ahead of Keith production wise otherwise. Also, Keith is a dirty player.

And I completely, fundamentally disagree with Cake's earlier assertion that gold medals and Cups won, or not won, should factor into whether a player is in the HOF or not. A gold medal or a Cup is a team award, and says nothing about an individual's performance. Jaret Stoool is a Stanley Cup champion. Adam Oates is not.

1000+ games played doesn't seem that impressive. He's #42 all time in points and #50 in PPG, which isn't bad considering the era.

But the lack of hardware will hurt his chances. Some of the last D-men to make the Hall: Pronger, Housley, Lidstrom, Blake, Niedermayer, Chelios, and Mark Howe. Of that list, only Howe and Housley don't have Cups. But Housley is 4th all time in defencemen scoring and Howe has a .8 PPG.

Sergei Zubov isn't in the Hall: 1068 games played, .72 PPG, 2 Cups and an Olympic Gold.

Solo

1000+ games played doesn't seem that impressive. He's #42 all time in points and #50 in PPG, which isn't bad considering the era.

That moment when you realize that Garry Galley has more points than Markov.

I concede my argument. That mouthbreather doing color on CBC having more points just killed it dead in its tracks.

How bout that Carey Price fella.....

imBask

Banned
That moment when you realize that Garry Galley has more points than Markov.

I concede my argument. That mouthbreather doing color on CBC having more points just killed it dead in its tracks.

How bout that Carey Price fella.....

Solo what are you doing buddy

you can't concede an argument on a message board, you're supposed to push through and start calling people names

Hey marvie FUCK YOU your car sucks

Cake Boss

Banned
Duncan Keith - 909 gp, 509 pts - 0.56 ppg
Andrei Markov - 985 gp, 572 pts - 0.58 ppg

Yes, Keith has won 2 Norris trophies and a Conn Smythe, so obviously he has Markov beat. Just saying that it's not laughable based on production. And Markov lost 2.5 years in his prime, so he'd likely be way ahead of Keith production wise otherwise. Also, Keith is a dirty player.

And I completely, fundamentally disagree with Cake's earlier assertion that gold medals and Cups won, or not won, should factor into whether a player is in the HOF or not. A gold medal or a Cup is a team award, and says nothing about an individual's performance. Jaret Stoool is a Stanley Cup champion. Adam Oates is not.

Then what the fuck is his excuse for not winning a single invidualistic award.

Is free agents not wanting to play for Babcock a real thing or does it just stem from that salty ass Mike Commodore rant? Did Detroit never sign free agents? I mean I thought Red Wings fans were mad because Babcock and co would never play their young players over veterans not the other way around.

imBask

Banned
Then what the fuck is his excuse for not winning a single invidualistic award.

what's the excuse for Doughty winning last year over Karlsson and his 82 points?

not to defend his point but you know as well as me that the norris is a little funky and depends on a ton of external factors

Top Bottom