• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

W2FETbK.jpg

QmYxEwI.jpg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Was randomly surfing channels, the 2 minutes I was on the Sharks game they score shorthanded.

lol Dallas

iLLmAtlc

I find it pretty funny how much heat max pac gets. I feel like getting 30+ goals for 5 straight seasons or whatever is getting close to Ovechkin level of consistency.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
With 13 games to go, the Rangers only play 1 against a team that is not a legitimate playoff contender (next Tuesday at the Devils). That said, they have a 14 point lead on the second wild card team, so just treading water from here on out should be enough.

If the playoffs started right now:

Maple Leafs @ Capitals
Blue Jackets @ Penguins
Rangers @ Canadiens
Bruins @ Senators

Blues @ Wild
Predators @ Blackhawks
Oilers @ Sharks
Flames @ Ducks

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I find it pretty funny how much heat max pac gets. I feel like getting 30+ goals for 5 straight seasons or whatever is getting close to Ovechkin level of consistency.
I believe he's second to Ovie or third overall in goals over the last 5 seasons. He has this stupid, lazy narrative attached to him years ago and can't shake it for whatever reason. He's one goal behind Crosby for the lead and played two months with a fractured foot.

Pikma

Banned
If the season ended today this would be the Stanley Cup Final:

Colorado Avalanche vs Dallas Stars vs Carolina Hurricanes

Solo

How many GWG is that for Galchenyuk now in the last month

They took tonight's GWG away from him after the game and gave it to Pacioretty. He got an assist instead.

#selfishcaptain

On another note, AGally's next point will be #200 of his career. Currently at 199 points in 323 games.

Solo

Looking like there might be no one, or maybe 1-2 guys at most, pass 40 goals this year and no one is passing 100 points. Hell, 90 might even be out of reach. Another year of diminishing offence. That's sad.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I chose the right night to make my triumphant return to Going To Games.

Washington sucked, and the Ducks looked amazing. Caps fans were obnoxious before the puck dropped but acted like neutered hounds pretty quickly. Are we actually this good?

Looking like there might be no one, or maybe 1-2 guys at most, pass 40 goals this year and no one is passing 100 points. Hell, 90 might even be out of reach. Another year of diminishing offence. That's sad.

Goalie pads and they really need to start calling the game like 2005 again.

Solo

Coinciding with Gallagher starting to look like an NHLer again is Radulov's production falling off a cliff.

Also:
RlxF6dM.gif

Ott making fun of Kassian last night :lol

Lach

Canucks sign someone from the Swiss league for the rest of the season.

ALL.IN.

Drew Shore played for "my team" in the Swiss league. Though towards the end when it became clear they wouldn't make the playoffs you can feel that his heart wasn't in it anymore. Same with Sanguinetti...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Is there really a difference in how they are calling the games? I feels like players adjusted.

Depending on PP goals will always be a short term solution.

Interference mostly, which is as bad right now as its ever been.

In 2005 when somebody chipped the puck past a defenceman they couldn't touch them at all without getting called. It shouldn't be that bad, but they have to start calling it again.

Cactus

Banned

In 2005 when somebody chipped the puck past a defenceman they couldn't touch them at all without getting called. It shouldn't be that bad, but they have to start calling it again.

Yeah, it really bugs me when I see defencemen doing that. It's obvious interference that almost never gets called.

calder

Absolutely, completely not true. Interference today is NOTHING like it used to be, water skiiing an attacking forward *without the puck* was totally accepted, as just one small example. Early 2000's, you could take one hand off your stick and tug on a skater from behind and as long as you didn't hold on you would almost never get called.

Socreges

Banned
As bad as it's been since 2004, though, for sure

They can try and fix it during an offseason. No need to wait for another lockout

This wouldn't actually help but I've always thought that if your team scored with the extra man out during a delayed penalty call they should still get the powerplay after.

But you guys always beat the Flames

I have a feeling with the way they're playing they would beat us. Can't let that Flames poster gloat over me and talk about superior cable television options.

I chose the right night to make my triumphant return to Going To Games.

Washington sucked, and the Ducks looked amazing. Caps fans were obnoxious before the puck dropped but acted like neutered hounds pretty quickly. Are we actually this good?

They've been struggling of late, so maybe we're not that good, but not Anaheim's problem.

I too was at the game. Fun times!

Top Bottom