• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

You guys need to watch Get Out. Best movie I've seen in a long time.

as good as It Follows which everyone told me to see? was absolute trash and a waste of time. The Witch however was great, felt like an actual movie with an artistic vision.

or wait.. is Get Out even a horror movie? i thought it was. now i'm reading it's comedic horror... yeah no thanks.

I saw This Will Destroy You in concert. They dope.

Tunnel Blanket is the most amazing instrumental record since GY!BE's Yanqui Uxo. there isn't even really any competition, it's so high above the pack. btw listen to Yndi Halda - Helena.

as good as It Follows which everyone told me to see? was absolute trash and a waste of time. The Witch however was great, felt like an actual movie with an artistic vision.

or wait.. is Get Out even a horror movie? i thought it was. now i'm reading it's comedic horror... yeah no thanks.

Get Out is a horror movie. It has funny moments but it doesn't play out like you would think a "horror comedy" would.

I'm cry now after you shat on It Follows by the way. Amazing movie.

imBask

Banned
to be fair Get Out isn't really... scary... it's more of a good thriller maybe? It's light horror. Really good regardless

It Follows is a true horror movie in comparison

to be fair Get Out isn't really... scary... it's more of a good thriller maybe? It's light horror. Really good regardless

It Follows is a true horror movie in comparison

Yeah you can argue horror vs thriller, both fit for me. I just feel like putting "horror comedy" on it doesn't paint a very accurate picture of what the movie is.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That pic made me think of images that just sum up a fanbase. My all time favourites:

Rangers fans
(fantasy)
:
pXCqpWn.jpg

Rangers fans
(reality)
:
1JwgKRV.png

Quick

Banned
Yea I watched it at Bayshore, crowd was Somali and Arab...everyone was going crazy and cheered at the end lmao

Lots of black dudes at mine, smattering of Asians (myself included) and a few white people.

It was lit.

Spoiler later into the movie:
When Chris hits the maid with the car, stops and thinks about not saving his mom and ultimately bringing the maid in his car, everyone out loud: "NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING, NO MAN, NO. DON'T DO IT."

Get Out is a horror movie. It has funny moments but it doesn't play out like you would think a "horror comedy" would.

I'm cry now after you shat on It Follows by the way. Amazing movie.

I'm actually surprised Get Out is labelled as a "horror comedy", because I don't think it straight up fits that description. It had some funny bits, and it's not quite a horror movie. As you continue on with the movie, horror aspects begin to appear, but it's ultimately a thriller in how it's set up in the end. Horror/thriller might be better, if that's a valid classification even.

I liked The Witch, but it's not as great as everyone is saying it is. I say this as someone who bought into the hype at first.

My experience watching the Witch was partially ruined because shitheads in my theatre wouldn't shut up. After the movie I was chatting with a friend who works at the theatre and other people leaving the Witch were talking about how bad it was and that they should've saw Kung Fu Panda 3 instead.

I wish they did so I didn't have to listen to them talk for the whole movie.

Quick

Banned
My friends and I saw The Witch in a small theatre, and we all sat at the top row. There was a couple who were sort of making out. I think the dude was actually trying to watch the movie while his girlfriend was crawling all over him. It was almost like watching two things at once.

When the movie ended, we were hovering by the door just talking and I don't think they left.

Socreges

Banned
Might see Get Out on Tuesday. Victoria is pretty light on minorities, though. Is it going to be an uncomfortable experience watching it with a room full of white people?

“(The confidence) is pretty high, I would say,” Burrows said. “It’s so fun to come into a team that has a total buy-in on what the coach is selling.”

MHMMMMMMM
Dahlen had a 5-point night over the weekend. 😳

Marvie_3

Banned
FINALLY got my 5th week of vacation for working 10 years in this dump (it's been longer than 10 years but whatever I switched jobs weirdly) and with my week of discretionary leave in lieu of overtime I'm still thinking of doing like Pam from The Office and just taking it all starting April 1st. Wow would that be a fantastic 6 weeks... and wow would I hate myself in like July.
I figured out that with my vacation time, personal days, and paid sick leave, I can basically take a day off every week if I want. :lol

Gonna save a bunch of vacation time for next summer and do a baseball road trip though.

pretty accurate. I killed a 24 pack of PBR the past few days
What the hell is wrong with you?

PillarEN

I figured out that with my vacation time, personal days, and paid sick leave, I can basically take a day off every week if I want. :lol

Gonna save a bunch of vacation time for next summer and do a baseball road trip though.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Cubbies or White Sox fan?

Flames might be the fourth team to get a double digit winning streak this season, making NHL history..

i wonder what year will the Jets get a double digit winning streak?

Quick

Banned
Not a good day in NHL-GAF when you have people like Smack assuming fanbases, Jhonny and others assuming all Ducks fans wear Ducks shirts, and just all out ignorance.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

That's a hell of an assumption to make. Avs don't have fans anymore, only husks.

I'm a beacon of light.

Not a good day in NHL-GAF when you have people like Smack assuming fanbases, Jhonny and others assuming all Ducks fans wear Ducks shirts, and just all out ignorance.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

I never steal peoples kids, break toilets, assume fansbases or any thing of that nature. I elevate NHL-GAF, if anything.

calder

I just listened to the ESPN Hockey Today podcast basically by accident and the lazy, shitty anti logic of their award discussion triggered me pretty hard. May need a lay down.

Top Bottom