• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

Quick

Banned
Huge win.

Sens losing.
Bruins down by two.
Flyers lost.
Islanders lost.
Florida lost.

Leafs shutout
Bruins losing

today is a good day

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

giphy.gif

Socreges

Banned
Holy fuck Bettman is such a subtle, skillful bullshit artist

Regarding the 'exposed' list and whether or not it should be made public:ft

Sportsnet: Sometimes can you look though to what the fans might want instead of what the clubs might want?

Bettman: Well, it's a combination. The fans want their team to be competitive. They want their team to win. And there's always a tension on a situation like this where you have to categorize players in certain ways and how a player may react to it.

Except... being competitive is a zero-sum game. Some teams would be more successful and others would be less successful. So his point is fucking worthless. He knows that, of course.

Quick

Banned
Holy fuck Bettman is such a subtle, skillful bullshit artist

Regarding the 'exposed' list and whether or not it should be made public:ft

Sportsnet: Sometimes can you look though to what the fans might want instead of what the clubs might want?

Bettman: Well, it's a combination. The fans want their team to be competitive. They want their team to win. And there's always a tension on a situation like this where you have to categorize players in certain ways and how a player may react to it.

Except... being competitive is a zero-sum game. Some teams would be more successful and others would be less successful. So his point is fucking worthless. He knows that, of course.

Bettman's a swerve artist. A lot of his responses based on my observations are "well, it's a combination...".

yyzjohn

Banned
Nice win by Leafs and lots of people ripping Tampa but when you look at the schedule you see Tampa was playing 3 games in 4 nights. Add the fact the Leafs were embarrassed the game before and were hyped for a better effort and you get what you had last night.

Solo

Pretty masterstroke (read: lucky coincidence) bit of scheduling to have Habs/Sens play a home and home in the back end of March to essentially decide the division winner. Can't wait for this weekend's games.

Pikma

Banned
Nice win by Leafs and lots of people ripping Tampa but when you look at the schedule you see Tampa was playing 3 games in 4 nights. Add the fact the Leafs were embarrassed the game before and were hyped for a better effort and you get what you had last night.
Dude stop being humble, remember you're a Leafs fans

Those fucking Tampa Bay Rays deserved it, they had it coming and took the L like the pathetic chumps they are, gone are the days when that boring ass team would ruin every fucking playoff with their boring ass garbage.

Long live future Stanley Cup winners The Toronto Maple Leafs

yyzjohn

Banned
Dude stop being humble, remember you're a Leafs fans

Those fucking Tampa Bay Rays deserved it, they had it coming and took the L like the pathetic chumps they are, gone are the days when that boring ass team would ruin every fucking playoff with their boring ass garbage.

Long live future Stanley Cup winners The Toronto Maple Leafs

Seriously though the schedule affects so many games. The Leafs will be in the same situation that Tampa was just in next weekend while playing the Sabres. 3rd game in 4 nights, while Sabres will be resting for 3 days before that game. Could see a blowout by the Sabres.

I can't wait to see Karlsson as a Red Wing

It's where he belongs, maybe he can win more Norris trophies if he was on a respectable franchise?

(Just some salt for Saturday and Sunday )

PillarEN

I can't wait to see Karlsson as a Red Wing

It's where he belongs, maybe he can win more Norris trophies if he was on a respectable franchise?

(Just some salt for Saturday and Sunday )

Hey that would be cool. I don't think anybody cares to come to Detroit right now until they can show that they have an actual core and not a core that is full of "well he might turn out to be good" at the moment.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
idk i'd rather play the Rags, emotionally draining first rounds are never a good thing moving forward
Anyone they face in the first round will be emotional, there's history between the Habs and all their potential first round opponents.

imBask

Banned
Hey that would be cool. I don't think anybody cares to come to Detroit right now until they can show that they have an actual core and not a core that is full of "well he might turn out to be good" at the moment.

he plays for the snes, winning isn't a concern

Anyone they face in the first round will be emotional, there's history between the Habs and all their potential first round opponents.

way less so with the rags than having something like CLOD vs BRUINS

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
way less so with the rags than having something like CLOD vs BRUINS
Eh, I'd disagree, the Bruins vs Julian would be good theatre, but I think there would be more weight against the Rangers after what happened last time.

Top Bottom