• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

calder

I hear that Discord is full of nazi mods who ban you for any or no reason, like enjoying anime or PK Subban. Any truth to these viscous rumors?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Not gonna lie, as hilarious as it would be to see the Leafs miss the playoffs yet again, the amount of salt generated in a Habs-Leafs playoffs series could probably be enough to build a Mount Everest of salt, it would be epic.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Not gonna lie, as hilarious as it would be to see the Leafs miss the playoffs yet again, the amount of salt generated in a Habs-Leafs playoffs series could probably be enough to build a Mount Everest of salt, it would be epic.

We play 8 games in 13 days

We are probably not going to make it lol

Jaromir Jagr, I'm told, is "leaning'' toward playing another season, although no final decision will be taken until he's finished his season and sits down to fully make a call. The Florida Panthers are also interested in having him back at the right price. He's been a great influence on their younger players. He's only 45, right? Jagr has joked that he wants to play until he's 50. Or maybe he wasn't joking

From Lebrun. One more ride Jagr! Though I hope they get a good coach and play Jagr less minutes, he is still effective tho.

Socreges

Banned
That parking thread...

VgWtvvA.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That parking thread...

VgWtvvA.gif

The fuck? Parking in backwards is more efficient than forward if anything. Also similarly easy. Depends on the layout of the parking lot what I choose but wtf, people have issues with that?

It's actually easier to get into a tight parking spot in reverse. It is also safer not to back into traffic (even parking lot traffic) when you leave your spot since you usually have a rather limited visibility there (even with reverse cams).

The problem you saw isn't with backward parking but with a driver who is not very good at it. Luckily, it's a super easy skill to master. It only takes practice, and not a whole lot of it.

Yeah what Chichikov said is basically my thoughts on this. Combined with your post stating that if they entered forward someone would still be stuck behind them backing OUT of the spot anyway. And backing out of a spot IMHO takes longer than backing into one too because it's so hard to spot traffic out of a spot.

Quick

Banned
I prefer backing into a spot. It's easier for me to get out, though backing out of a spot isn't the hardest thing ever.

I'd say it's really dependent on the type of vehicle you're driving and how comfortable you are in your driving skills with how quickly you can get in or out of a parking spot. I used to drive a minivan and that thing was a bitch to back out with, so I'd always just forward into a spot. I drive a way smaller car now, so it's easy either way.

I prefer backing into a spot. It's easier for me to get out, though backing out of a spot isn't the hardest thing ever.

I'd say it's really dependent on the type of vehicle you're driving and how comfortable you are in your driving skills with how quickly you can get in or out of a parking spot. I used to drive a minivan and that thing was a bitch to back out with, so I'd always just forward into a spot. I drive a way smaller car now, so it's easy either way.

I have a backup sensor on my truck, but no sensor on the front. If I can't find a spot to pull through, I have to back in. That's not even factoring the turning radius which also makes backing in way easier than backing out

Smiley90

I have a backup sensor on my truck, but no sensor on the front. If I can't find a spot to pull through, I have to back in. That's not even factoring the turning radius which also makes backing in way easier than backing out

That's my main reason for why backing in is so much easier. Much tighter turn possible, so much better for tight parking spots.

GSG Flash

Me too, It's easier to see how close you are to the lines with the sideview mirrors. Hate parallel parking though, every car needs to automatically be able to parallel park.

Me too, It's easier to see how close you are to the lines with the sideview mirrors. Hate parallel parking though, every car needs to automatically be able to parallel park.

Get gud

Line your steering wheels up, sharp turn as you back up, start to straighten out when you're at about 45 degrees. People just think it's harder than it is.

Edit: That is unnaturally cruel for a driving exam, but you should not have been doing one in a manual.

Smiley90

I still remember for my driving exam, I had to parallel park.

On a slope.

In the snow.

With a manual.

It was about the worst/most difficult thing to ask of someone to do on a driving exam. It went okay but I definitely try to avoid having to parallel park whenever I can.

Accelerating slowly, backwards, uphill, with a manual and to park into a spot sidelined with snow is awful.

Get gud

Line your steering wheels up, sharp turn as you back up, start to straighten out when you're at about 45 degrees. People just think it's harder than it is.

It's not necessarily "hard", it's just "harder than forward/backward"

PillarEN

I admit I hate when I'm forced to parallel park. You'd think this would be an obvious skill I have mastered living in a European city, but no. If it's a tighter fit I move on and try to find another spot.

*ehem* I also never learned to drive manual which is almost a death sentence here. Again I'm saved by the fact the fact that I get to drive an automatic.

imBask

Banned
the secret to parallel parking is : when your brain tells you it's enough and you need to turn your wheels the other way, you're about halfway there just keep going

I've never driven a car before and I never will and it kinda sucks except when I see people struggling to parallel park then I'm happy I never have to do that.

Yawnier

Banned
I've maybe had to parallel park like 3 times in my entire life since I did my driving test

Also the Leafs signed Miro motherfucking Aaltonen!

Smiley90

I know how you feel. I have a feeling the Avs might not make it. I'm not sure if it's just a gut feeling or perhaps it's because it's mathematically impossible, but my playoff hopes our low.

Yesterday I read that if the Avs go 13-0 to end the season, they still have a 67% chance to finish last overall.

Reckheim

I haven't had the need to parallel park since my G exam (7-8 years ago). If I can't find a spot that i can park into comfortably i'll drive around looking for a spot and walk the rest of the way.

I also don't drive downtown, cause fuck that shit.

GSG Flash

Get gud

Edit: That is unnaturally cruel for a driving exam, but you should not have been doing one in a manual.

I know how to do it, I just don't like doing it. Would rather just park at a parking garage, even if it's a hike to my destination.

calder

Also the Leafs signed Miro motherfucking Aaltonen!

Damn. I regretfully bequeth astroturfing to his new team, Leafs-GAF. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

I kid, I kinda like astro - his out of nowhere Switch trolling really amused me in it's misplaced vehemence and I appreciate the hustle

Top Bottom