• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallout

What did he do, apart from score?
Nice little toe-drag. Nothing spectacular, but definitely unexpected for a guy who scores 5-10 goals a year on a shutdown line.

The Garden crowd is pretty rowdy, only time we use a sing-song goalie chant is when Brodeur plays, you know, where there's some context. Like I said, sounds like a bunch of first-timers out there. Perhaps the opposing goalie should actually give up a goal before you start heckling him.
The funny thing is, it's becoming a Winnipeg tradition, so the people in on the chants are the ones who watch a lot of Jets games. But yes, I get your complaint ... I just think it's kind of funny that people get bothered by it. Why does their need to be logic in heckling?

(also: I'm not trying to be an ass, here. I do get you ... just pumped because of how the Jets are playing)

Fei

Yeah, the amount of defensive zone turnovers has been astounding. I know 8th is on the line, but I can't get that mad. You're going to lose some games. Credit to the Jets for dominating this one.

Nice little toe-drag. Nothing spectacular, but definitely unexpected for a guy who scores 5-10 goals a year on a shutdown line.

The funny thing is, it's becoming a Winnipeg tradition, so the people in on the chants are the ones who watch a lot of Jets games. But yes, I get your complaint ... I just think it's kind of funny that people get bothered by it. Why does their need to be logic in heckling?

It's not about logic, it's about how about some heckling creativity. Sounds like 15,000 attending their first hockey game.

BTW, now they are over using that Silver Medal Chant. Heckling creativity at an all-time low in Winnipeg. Funny the first time. Kinda funny a second time. Not as funny the 34th time - in the same period.

Fei

The chanting doesn't bother me at all. Wish Buffalo sounded half as enthused sometimes. It's the spinning Jets logo in the zone before every faceoff that irritates me for some reason.

fallout

Legend of Drizzt. It's good times.
Oh, nice. We've actually played all 3 (Castle Ravenloft and Wrath of Ashardalon). They've really refined the difficulty as the series has progressed. Big hits on our board game nights.

Yeah, the amount of defensive zone turnovers has been astounding. I know 8th is on the line, but I can't get that mad. You're going to lose some games. Credit to the Jets for dominating this one.
I thought the Sabres had some good chances. They've had a pretty good run so far and I don't see them letting up.

calder

To put it mildly, I didn't imagine Thorburn had a goal like that in him. His reaction was priceless, huge fist pump then acting super casual and chill skating to the bench, like Mario ffs lol.

The final run of games is going to be both exciting and probably going to drive me crazy. The Jets can win at home, but they really need to win some games on the road if they want to really have a shot at the playoffs.

Fei

I thought the Sabres had some good chances. They've had a pretty good run so far and I don't see them letting up.

They had some, but Jets looked like the better team all night. Sabres couldn't get out of their own zone in the third.

Sabres' schedule opens up a bit from the gauntlet they just ran, but with so many teams in the race for 8th every game is going to be pressure packed.

Alucard

Banned
Oh, nice. We've actually played all 3 (Castle Ravenloft and Wrath of Ashardalon). They've really refined the difficulty as the series has progressed. Big hits on our board game nights.

We're playing with all 3 too. I'm the human ranger, Allisa.

OnPoint

Credit to the Jets for playing so much better than the Sabres in the third. Buffalo was bound to lose a game or two coming up, so it's not much of a shocker to see the points go Winnipeg's way, but their lack of compete toward the end was a bit deflating. Hopefully that was just the long trip showing its head in the end.

calder

Well now I can go back to really not looking forward to Thursday's game. :|

Just play... not terribly on the road Jets. I'm not asking for too much I don't think.

snack

Marc-Andre Fleury just notched his 35th win. Meaning? Flower became just the 4th goalie in NHL history w/ 4 straight seasons of 35+ wins.

Studly.

Acid08

Banned
Marc-Andre Fleury just notched his 35th win. Meaning? Flower became just the 4th goalie in NHL history w/ 4 straight seasons of 35+ wins.

Studly.

Jeez.

btw I am so fucking jealous of Bylsma. It's not fair that the Pens have a coach so far and above every other coach in the league. I would kill to see the Sharks coached by him for even one game.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Jeez.

btw I am so fucking jealous of Bylsma. It's not fair that the Pens have a coach so far and above every other coach in the league. I would kill to see the Sharks coached by him for even one game.
This is true, it would be very interesting to see what he could get out of other teams.

Alucard

Banned
If the Pens can stay competitve for a good while, MAF could climb pretty far up the all-time wins chart.

Bylsma is all class.

Heretic

Ducks got completely outplayed 2nd quarter. Embarrassing.

Shots at the end of the first:
ducks 11 - oilers 4

shots at the end of the seconds:
ducks 19 - oilers 26

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah, and it's better for our draft pick that Edmonton wins.

I wonder if it'd be better for Edmonton to trade their draftpick, since they need a D and the demand for 2nd pick will be pretty big... and they wouldn't draft a D with that pick.

Smiley90

Or they could just draft Murray with that pick.....

But don't you think they could get a good D with a lower pick as well, while the Nr2 pick will be much more valuable? so they can get a trade in the style of what razorskin said. Just not with Kaberle. And probably not with Montreal.

But don't you think they could get a good D with a lower pick as well, while the Nr2 pick will be much more valuable? so they can get a trade in the style of what razorskin said. Just not with Kaberle. And probably not with Montreal.

Or they could get the best available defenseman in the draft and call it a day.
Edit: that sounded dickish. Just trying to say that it's probably better for them to just get the best D-man available.

Red_Man

How does Tambellini draft though? If he goes by what some GMs go in "Draft the best player available" then that would indicate going after Grigs, seeing as a lot of rankings have him going second. I agree he should go after Murray, I just don't know his drafting style.

How does Tambellini draft though? If he goes by what some GMs go in "Draft the best player available" then that would indicate going after Grigs, seeing as a lot of rankings have him going second. I agree he should go after Murray, I just don't know his drafting style.

Not sure, it could be moot anyways since I am pretty sure I heard/read they would go best available, regardless of position.

Edit: that sounded dickish. Just trying to say that it's probably better for them to just get the best D-man available.

But if you can get him at #7, why not trade down and get some assets? Ottawa GM style.

I wonder if anybody has ever drafted and then traded straight away...

Draft day is going to be interesting at least.

Smiley90

But if you can get him at #7, why not trade down and get some assets? Ottawa GM style.

I wonder if anybody has ever drafted and then traded straight away...

Draft day is going to be interesting at least.

That's what I was thinking, they have 3 options:

a) draft Grigorenko, don't care about the rest.

b) draft a D-man with 2nd pick (murray?), don't care about the rest

c) draft Grigorenko, then trade for Murray + assets (if value of Grigorenko > Murray), or trade 2nd pick for later pick (to THEN draft Murray/other good D-man) and assets.

so either they end up with Grigorenko, which they don't really need atm, or only a D-man prospect, OR a d-man prospect AND another asset. So why not trade?

Red_Man

Not sure, it could be moot anyways since I am pretty sure I heard/read they would go best available, regardless of position.

That's what I'm afraid and why I want Habs to get the 2nd pick, I know Edmonton should get a D-man but I don't know if they will take him. He could go 2nd, I have seen him ranked 2nd overall on some draft rankings, it's just a 6'3 200 pound center is so attractive.

Erdrick

I'm currently standing outside some midnight launch for Mass Effect 3 on my return home from the Jets game tonight. My throat is so sore lol. Was a great game to be at for a Jets fan. We needed this win so much. Good stuff! Next up is the Canucks on Thursday... I hope we can surive the Canucks at home...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom