• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

I'm hoping for a blowout and I honestly don't care which way. If the game gets out of hand there won't anywhere for Kronwall to hide.

the slo-mo replay from the other side of the glass on FSD was a great view of it. vorcek basically skates head-first into kronwall like a fucking retard.

but that's definitely a suspension based on the new rule. you can't hit guys in the head like that.

technically it wasn't "targeted" and he definitely put himself in a vulnerable position, but just based on the look of it i'd say a few games, minimum.

the slo-mo replay from the other side of the glass on FSD was a great view of it. vorcek basically skates head-first into kronwall like a fucking retard.

but that's definitely a suspension based on the new rule. you can't hit guys in the head like that.

Skating out of the zone makes you retarded? My coaches always called that "taking the hit" to get it out of the zone.....

Yeah it's a penalty. I wouldn't give any "dirty" intent to Kronwall, but that isn't the point. Why is everyone trying to defend something that is CLEARLY against the rules? I've said a billion times I think that hit should be allowed, but no one ever agrees with me until it's their team.

Slurmer

Banned
oh my god voracek got fucking hammered. i don't think it was dirty at all, but the head was definitely the primary point of contact.

kronwall won't be suspended though, has he ever been?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at the Flyers fans in here saying Kronwall's hit was dirty. Please.

As for the Wings, they suck right now. The PP is awful and any time the defense is challenged they give up an odd-man rush.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

technically it wasn't "targeted" and he definitely put himself in a vulnerable position, but just based on the look of it i'd say a few games, minimum.

Bullshit, the dumbass had his head down, he walked (or skated I guess) right into it. Other than that, the hit was clean.

As for the Wings, they suck right now. The PP is awful and any time the defense is challenged they give up an odd-man rush.

LOL at the Wings fans saying the hit shouldn't be a penalty?

EDIT: I'm going to be quoting ALL of you people when you go into full whine mode come playoff time....

t0mp

looking for someone who said it was "dirty".

what the fuck forum are you reading anyway?

It's NOT a penalty. His head was DOWN and Kronwall did not target the head.
now you're just being ignorant

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Go Flames!

2RhSm.gif

I stole your gif Marvie

Revenant

Looks like a suspsension under the new rule. Clean overall in terms of I don't think he was trying to scramble his eggs.. Kronwall is a bit of a headhunter though.

"Target" is the key word. Did ANY part of Kronwall's body lead out in front of him? No.

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you saying headshots can only be leaping shoulders and elbows now? You're not making any damn sense. The FIRST point of contact is his face. That's a penalty. You want the rule changed? Write Bettman.

Bullshit, the dumbass had his head down, he walked (or skated I guess) right into it. Other than that, the hit was clean.
uh, i don't disagree with any of this.

i'm saying that he will get suspended because of the new rule. "clean" has a new definition now.

Looks like a suspsension under the new rule. Clean overall in terms of I don't think he was trying to scramble his eggs.. Kronwall is a bit of a headhunter though.

Yea, suspensions without penalties make a lot of sense. He's gonna get off for this.

Socreges, I present this entire conversation as Exhibit A that more people agree with me than they actually realize regarding head shots. They just don't realize it until it's their team.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What the fuck are you talking about? Are you saying headshots can only be leaping shoulders and elbows now? You're not making any damn sense. The FIRST point of contact is his face. That's a penalty. You want the rule changed? Write Bettman.

You need to calm down.

No penalty was called because it wasn't a penalty. It's a clean hit. He probably will get suspended, but he wasn't "targeting" the head.

I'm against headshots where elbows are clearly leading and clearly meant to injure. That wasn't one of those hits.

You need to calm down.

No penalty was called because it wasn't a penalty. It's a clean hit. He probably will get suspended, but he wasn't "targeting" the head.

I'm against headshots where elbows are clearly leading and clearly meant to injure. That wasn't one of those hits.

So it is suspension worthy, but not penalty worthy. Got it. Makes sense. I'm not calling Kronwall dirty. I'm saying he violated the rules by committing a hit with a primary contact point at the head. That's a penalty.

EVERYONE is against the hits you're talking about. This is the EXACT argument I've had on here numerous times. The rule is more strict than that.

t0mp

calling him a dumbass for gathering the puck and trying to get it out of the zone = LOL!

it's extreme opinions like that that just don't make any sense. Was voracek at fault? maybe, but he's just trying to do his job just like kronwall is making the hit to prevent it. is kronwall a retard for doing his job? fuck off

i'm looking thru the posts and I don't see anyone saying it's "dirty". obviously people (flyers fans) are upset that we lost a key player but no one is saying the hit had a dirty intention.

the head was the principle point in contact, but who knows what that means anymore with shanaban

Plinko

So it is suspension worthy, but not penalty worthy. Got it. Makes sense. I'm not calling Kronwall dirty. I'm saying he violated the rules by committing a hit with a primary contact point at the head. That's a penalty.

EVERYONE is against the hits you're talking about. This is the EXACT argument I've had on here numerous times. The rule is more strict than that.

I get what you're saying--it's a dumb move by the league to suspend guys for hit that didn't draw a penalty. I'm in agreement with that.

I'm just saying that if I was in charge, there shouldn't be any penalty OR suspension for that hit tonight. Looking at today's NHL, though, I think it draws a one-game suspension. No, that doesn't make any sense, but I'm not Shanahan making those decisions.

Well glad to hear that Detroit is still sucking without Lidstrom, Howard, and Datsyuk and that we will probably lose this game. Also saw the hit and it was clean, though unfortunately because of how his head was down he did seem to catch him in the head. Shouldn't be a suspension but it probably will be because of the point of contact. So if he is out, that means 4 D men are out or what not, so I have no idea who we could call up next. So far these last few weeks and kinda sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom