• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Acid08

Banned
So the Canucks need what, two more top 6 wingers? Would that sufficiently shuffle players into roles they're better suited for?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So the Canucks need what, two more top 6 wingers? Would that sufficiently shuffle players into roles they're better suited for?

Yes. Optimally we've needed a first line RW forever, but Burrows used to be able to adequately fill that role. Now that he's in a slump, the Canucks are exposed for what they are - a team without a legit 1st line RW.

Then Booth was supposed to be a 2nd line Winger, which he's also not playing like, so we're also missing a 2nd line winger and have to have Higgins/Santorelli/Hansen fill those gaps, which they can't/shouldn't have to (although Santorelli has been a very positive surprise). And Kassian isn't good enough (yet).

Best case scenario Kassian, Jensen, Horvat, Gaunce and Shinkaruk all step up their game for next season and we have some more offensive depth.

jaybeeze

Even one top six winger that would compliment Kesler would benefit us greatly.

Him having a rotation of Hansen/Higgins/Booth/Santorelli as his wingers isn't helping anyone.

Smiley90

I would find it hard to believe all those guys are Canucks next year...

Because of trades or quality? Shinkaruk really could have already made the team this year, but was sent down to play more and grow. Same could have been said of Horvat, so I'm fairly confident that both those guys are gonna make the team. Jensen might've made it but was injured, so he should make it next season too. Gaunce I'm the least confident in.

Revenant

Because of trades or quality? Shinkaruk really could have already made the team this year, but was sent down to play more and grow. Same could have been said of Horvat, so I'm fairly confident that both those guys are gonna make the team. Jensen might've made it but was injured, so he should make it next season too. Gaunce I'm the least confident in.

plugging a 21 year old, 2 20 year olds, and 19 year old into a roster who have a handful of NHL games between them? Is this to be a Contending team?

You've been playing BeAGM mode too much my friend.

Acid08

Banned
TortorellaReamsOutEdler.gif

Horvat could potentially make it. Shinkaruk will probably stay in the minors. Gaunce will ship off to Utica and Jensen will probably have to play another season in Utica,

On the plus side, Grenier, Archibald and Corrado could all probably make the team next season.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
A future core of Hodgson, Ekblad, Reinhart, Grigorenko, Myers, Zadorov and Ristolainen.

:drool
Not saying Grigorenko is a bust, but the kid has had an awful development so far.

plugging a 21 year old, 2 20 year olds, and 19 year old into a roster who have a handful of NHL games between them? Is this to be a Contending team?

You've been playing BeAGM mode too much my friend.
This. Most teams only play 1 or 2 rookies a year, if the Canucks want to contend while their window is open I don't see more then 1 rookie making the team, especially with the way Torts handles rookies. Just look at how different Krieder has been so far under AV comparatively.

dat Edler tune out.

seriously though how long until the Canucks are done with Torts....
Well what are you supposed to do when your coach's chewing you out? Seems like a perfectly normal response.

Not saying Grigorenko is a bust, but the kid has had an awful development so far.
Blame the idiot who decided he'd benefit more from playing with John Scott on the 4th line than talented players in the OHL.

Buffalo crazy fucked him and his development so far.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Blame the idiot who decided he'd benefit more from playing with John Scott on the 4th line than talented players in the OHL.

Buffalo crazy fucked him and his development so far.
No doubt, they fucked him hard, but he still hasn't displayed the talent of a possible top 3-4 pick like he was suppose to be either.

Smiley90

Take Erat.

We'll give you Booth.

He has to trade Edler, that's really all there is to it.

Agreed. I don't like to see it happen, but with Corrado coming up, trading Edler is probably our biggest asset. Package him with Booth and/or Schroeder and get us a top6 sniper.

You guys think Torts cares enough to meltdown at the end of the season? I don't want these gifs to stop.

Torts vs Roy is coming up in like a week man.

Revenant

We'll give you Booth.

Agreed. I don't like to see it happen, but with Corrado coming up, trading Edler is probably our biggest asset. Package him with Booth and/or Schroeder and get us a top6 sniper.

I can't imagine a deal that begins with Booth......and ends with top 6 Winger

Here have Edler and this skin sack of dead weight.

Also Brian Boyle is having a great week... Chara Ragdolls him then Bieska bullies him around the ice, I'm surprised that didn't end with an Atomic Wedgie.

Top Bottom