• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Jesus Christ, Torts is laying into Edler.

hansentorts.gif

Merguson

Banned
I'm fully expecting a scene in HBO Winter Classic where Carlyle is trying to explain his strategies and he has to speak very slowly for the players to understand everything.

Meanwhile the other coaches are tying the players skates since the players can't figure out how to do it themselves.

Smiley90

A powerplay goal against? That's nearly as rare as a powerplay goal for. Interesting.

Acid08

Banned
Ducks and queens will unvail their Stadium Series jerseys on Tuesday. Rumor has it that the Ducks' jersey is like the 3rd jersey but the black and orange are swapped.

I think it might be sexy.
Ducks are gonna look like some Jack-O-Lantern ass mothafuckas.

Getting my salt levels up for tonight.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Talbot looks like an exact copy of Lundqvist style-wise.

Where has this kid been?
Hartford.

He wasn't really ready until this year, and we had an excellent backup in Biron until he finally started losing it in the lockout.

Benoit Allaire has been working with Talbot one-on-one for the last two seasons.

Kreiderrrrrrrrrr!

Kreids going to town on Torts' team is extra delicious.

Socreges

Banned

That angle is very deceiving due to the small difference in colour. It's still in front of the skate even in the second frame. That's why I chose the other angle for my gif. Follow the path of the puck there and you'll see that it goes behind the ankle.
Huh? I was agreeing with you

Smiley90

Don't blame my good childhood for your shitty one Smelly.

This is my origin story

This is not the Santa Claus known to English-speaking countries but the Swiss version – who is normally accompanied by a strange-looking individual with a blacked out face.
The Swiss Father Christmas was based on Saint Nicholas, whose feast day was celebrated on Saturday – his Swiss German name, Samichlaus, alludes to that. But the origins of his sinister companion are less easy to make out.

Known as Schmutzli in the German part of the country and Père Fouettard (from "whip") in French, Samichlaus's alter ego usually carries a broom of twigs for administering punishment to children whose behaviour throughout the year has not been up to scratch.

[..]

Schmutzli, he says, was a symbol of the evil spirits which these ancient festivals sought to drive out with a combination of noise and light. Winter processions involving loud noise and lanterns continue to this day in many parts of Switzerland.

"Schmutzli means an ugly character with a concealed face, and this figure appeared with a black face, red eyes and a black cap."

"Schmutz"= Dirt.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Murray and Parros in tonight versus the Leafs. I'm expecting a statement game from Price which means he'll let in 6 goals.

ATF487

Being able to use hockeystreams on a roku is amazing. Just turned on the canucks/rangers game, can only guess how many freakouts tortorella has had

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got a Talbot chant going. Only took him giving up a goal. Not much he could do about that. Great play by Booth, Staal was way out of position.

Was hoping he'd get his third straight shutout start. Oh well.

Top Bottom