• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Hunter S.

This is the only point where you're right.

With everything else, Spectre/wsox/everyone else here hit the nail on the head.

It'd be a MUCH better message to bench him until things are more clear. All this does is send a message that winning is more important to the Avalanche organization than taking an assault and kidnapping charge against one of their players seriously and potentially icing a gf-beater.
Their perspective does not give a rats ass about the Avalanche team. It is a believe he is guilty before proven guilty stance, which is the complete opposite of what is actually going on, innocent until proven guilty. I do not care how you Canadians do things, but that is a preached standard Americans are taught in grade school. It is ingrained in the mind set.

Others probably want to hang him before a trial as they would like to see the Avs fail with out him. I do not agree with you here at all, and do not try to give me I am right and you are wrong bullshit as it makes you look incredibly self-rightious.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Their perspective does not give a rats ass about the Avalanche team. It is a believe he is guilty before proven guilty stance, which is the complete opposite of what is actually going on, innocent until proven guilty. I do not care how you Canadians do things, but that is a preached standard Americans are taught in grade school. It is ingrained in the mind set.

Others probably want to hang him before a trial as they would like to see the Avs fail with out him. I do not agree with you here at all, and do not try to give me I am right and you are wrong bullshit as it makes you look incredibly self-rightious.

Last time I checked there were other American teams than the Avs in the NHL, fans of all of which disagree with you.

Americans also have the mindset that the second amendment is the only one that can't be altered under any circumstances and that Jesus wouldn't hae helped the poor, so the "MURICA" argument isn't a very good one.

Also for the record, I'm not even Canadian FFS. I don't have to listen to "we're the bastion of innocent until proven guilty" from a country that jas more people in prison than the rest of the world combined.

By benching him they're not saying he's guilty. They're saying they take the allegations seriously and want to see what's really happene first before potentially icing a gf-beater, damaging not only their own reputation, but the reputation of the whole sport. This isn't just about the Avalanche and their win total, you know. And it's not like they don't have a capable backup, either.

Yeah I'm afraid I have to agree with smiley, this isn't about "innocent till proven guilty". The Avs are making a mistake by putting him in the net tonight.

Hunter S.

Last time I checked there were other American teams than the Avs in the NHL, fans of all of which disagree with you.

Americans also have the mindset that the second amendment is the only one that can't be altered under any circumstances and that Jesus wouldn't hae helped the poor, so the "MURICA" argument isn't a very good one.

By benching him they're not saying he's guilty. They're saying they take the allegations seriously and want to see what's really happene first before potentially icing a gf-beater, damaging not only their own reputation, but the reputation of the whole sport. This isn't just about the Avalanche and their win total, you know. And it's not like they don't have a capable backup, either.
The first half of your post is totally misrepresenting what I posted. You are using language I did not use to make me sound like a dumb internet meme joke, Murica.

I am not saying their opinions are wrong, but I am siding with Sakic, and Roy in deciding to let him play. I believe their knowledge of the situation is much greater than any average hockey fan. Plain and simple.

Smiley90

The first half of your post is totally misrepresenting what I posted. You are using language I did not use to make me sound like a dumb internet meme joke, Murica.

I am not saying their opinions are wrong, but I am siding with Sakic, and Roy in deciding to let him play. I believe their knowledge of the situation is much greater than any average hockey fan. Plain and simple.

Judgement of coach whose job it is for the Avalanche to WIN GAMES is probably the least un-biased opinion here.

Also "you Canadians do x, WE AMERICANS do y" IS the murica-meme. In this case it's not even accurate, as shown by imprisonment statistics I wouldn't exactly call the US a bastion of "innocent until proven guilty"

Hunter S.

Judgement of coach whose job it is for the Avalanche to WIN GAMES is probably the least un-biased opinion here.

Also "you Canadians do x, WE AMERICANS do y" IS the murica-meme. In this case it's not even accurate, as shown by imprisonment statistics I wouldn't exactly call the US a bastion of "innocent until proven guilty"

You seem really mad as every post you make is trying to be insulting to me, or America. I only said you were acting self-rightious, so chill out for your own sake.

Acid08

Banned

Ya don't say?

Keep the xenophobic bullshit out of here.

This (turning in/fugitive part, not the insult part) is the only point where you're right.

With everything else, Spectre/wsox/everyone else here hit the nail on the head.

It'd be a MUCH better message to bench him until things are more clear. All this does is send a message that winning is more important to the Avalanche organization than taking an assault and kidnapping charge against one of their players seriously and potentially icing a gf-beater.

Yep, if you're a fucking hockey club the least you can do is take the high road on things that matter. Just cover it up with some PR if you have to, but don't appear ignorant.

edit:

Cut the nationalistic bullshit Hunter.

Smiley90

Ya don't say?

Keep the xenophobic bullshit out of here.

Thank god I'm not the only one.

Also yes I am mad. I have empathy and I don't understand how a country can treat its people so badly, but that is a discussion for another thread indeed. But I wasn't the one that brought up the nationalist angle.

Hunter S.

Thank god I'm not the only one.

Also yes I am mad. I have empathy and I don't understand how a country can treat its people so badly, but that is a discussion for another thread indeed. But I wasn't the one that brought up the nationalist angle.

I edited this in, but I do not care how Canadians do it in this case as he is being prosecuted in Colorado, USA.

Smiley90

Not sure what you mean? I do not care how Canadians do it because Varlymov is facing charges in Colorado, USA.

Claiming the Canadian justice system works on a guilty until proven innocent and the US's doesn't isn't only very self-righteous, offensive and xenophobic, but also highly ironic given the background.

Not to mention bot playing him isn't an admission of guilt, it's tue responsible thing to do when you're a hockey team representing not just itself, but an entire sport. Again, this is about more than your win total.

I edited this in, but I do not care how Canadians do it in this case as he is being prosecuted in Colorado, USA.

This ain't about Canada vs the US, this is about whether or not the Avs organization made a bad call by playing Varly. We will know one way or another when the case progresses. We're not fucking representing America or Canada here we're just voicing opinions about a fucked up situation that none of us have all the information about. Let's not turn it into anything else cause it's really fucking not.

Smiley90

This ain't about Canada vs the US, this is about whether or not the Avs organization made a bad call by playing Varly. We will know one way or another when the case progresses. We're not fucking representing America or Canada here we're just voicing opinions about a fucked up situation that none of us have all the information about. Let's not turn it into anything else cause it's really fucking not.

Thank you. My point was that the Avs in this case are also representing the NHL, which is why they shouldn't play him instead of caring so much about their win total, but consider the reputation of the NHL. He brought up the US/murika angle for whatever reason and I pointed out how ridiculous that was.

Marvie_3

Banned
Indeed. We all know the US is about a jillion times better.

hacksaw4.jpg

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

Hunter S.

That was never my intent, but it blew into something I had not intended. Might as well not keep going and explain my points more carefully as it is not worthwhile.

That was never my intent, but it blew into something I had not intended. Might as well not keep going and explain my points more carefully as it is not worthwhile.

Fuck off with the persecution complex that AVS-gaf seems to be developing.
A real one, not like Vancouver's

You had to get in the cheap shot about Canada, act like we brought it up because you already won the argument, and then claim that we're to juvenile to have a conversation with you.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone is being persecuted it is PK.

In all this drama you guys missed the waifu thread in the Gaming side that is now locked.

Smiley90

If anyone is being persecuted it is PK.

In all this drama you guys missed the waifu thread in the Gaming side that is now locked.

And nothing of value suffered.

I may or may not be responding to both sentences.

Smiley90

Really dude? The last time I felt persecuted was in middle school when I was given detention for running in the hall when I was trying to make sure I didn't shit my pants.

Don't leave us hanging here, did you or did you not?

Top Bottom