• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Cake Boss

Banned
iMM1FxumTjirN.jpg

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully they lose to the Sabres tomorrow too. I'd like to think that Bergevin is too smart to not understand Therrien is coaching this team into the ground, but all evidence says otherwise.

Worst song

He just signed him to a four year extension. I know that's basically just a "thank you" paycheque for when he's eventually fired, but no way does he fire him during this season.

Instead they'll continue utilising his "just throw the puck down the ice" gameplan indefinitely.

We were lucky at the beginning of the season when teams were still focusing on Pacioretty's line, letting Galchenyuk do his thing.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He just signed him to a four year extension. I know that's basically just a "thank you" paycheque for when he's eventually fired, but no way does he fire him during this season.

Instead they'll continue utilising his "just throw the puck down the ice" gameplan indefinitely.

We were lucky at the beginning of the season when teams were still focusing on Pacioretty's line, letting Galchenyuk do his thing.
His contract doesn't bother me, GM's always sign them so it's not a distraction. Coaches are fired all the time right after a new contract. The problem is Price is covering up so many issues for the teams structure and he'll prevent them from ever really showing how bad Therrien's coaching is. That's why I hope Bergevin can see through it, but it's hard to say if he does right now. I Can't imagine he's happy that Therrien has sat Sekac for 6 games now after he had to fight with 11 other GM's to get him.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Hopefully they lose to the Sabres tomorrow too. I'd like to think that Bergevin is too smart to not understand Therrien is coaching this team into the ground, but all evidence says otherwise.

Worst song

Who should/could replace Therrien? I say Benoit Brunet.

But seriously (I think Brunet would be good actually as assistant), I'm guessing it could be Vincent Damphousse.

Tortorella c'mon

Fuck no never!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Who should/could replace Therrien? I say Benoit Brunet.

But seriously, I'm guessing it could be Vincent Damphousse.
Boucher / Bylsma / or wait out to see if Babcock would be interested. I'm sure there are some junior coaches ready to make the jump, we just need a progressive coach ready to utilize our best players. Fuck this old school, treat the vets like they're untouchable shit Therrien has been pulling. His style of coaching is going extinct.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
now Hansen is out there with the Sedins too whyyyyy

I mean we scored but still.

pringles

Dean Brown‏@PxPOttawa
A stretcher and paramedics have just been called to the Detroit dressing room??
This does not sound great.

Guy on hfboards saying it's Gustavsson but that's very unconfirmed..

update:
Dean Brown‏@PxPOttawa
@SeanFitz_Gerald just left rink. Don't know what issue is. Stretcher outside in the hall. Didn't see paramedics. Suspect they were in room
Dean Brown‏@PxPOttawa·
I have no idea what is happening, who might be needing attention or if this is serious or not.
Hoping it's nothing...

calder

Woooo. Early pull and empty net goal for wheeler, nice. It interrupted me complaining about the shitty calls in the third period here.

Press still banging away, Troubs ain't gonna have that shit.

Wild score and a Pens player catches puck in mid air across the goal line and swats it out. Should be a goal.

Refs review it for two or three minutes, then come out and say the call is non-reviewable and therefor is no goal.

Non-reviewable after reviewing it for a few minutes. What were they doing for those few minutes then? Dumb.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Wild score and a Pens player catches puck in mid air across the goal line and swats it out. Should be a goal.

Refs review it for two or three minutes, then come out and say the call is non-reviewable and therefor is no goal.

Non-reviewable after reviewing it for a few minutes. What the fuck.

they said the ruling on the ice was goaltender interference, but that was like 4 or 5 seconds before Koivu's shot.

zroid

Banned

Non-reviewable after reviewing it for a few minutes. What were they doing for those few minutes then? Dumb.

pens.gif

Top Bottom