• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Cake Boss

Banned
90 C JASON SPEZZA 14 2 11 13 -7
83 R ALES HEMSKY 14 0 1 1 -7

jBZ9WSDHR29zZ.JPG

hehehe

So, I just had two people come to my door with a geiger counter saying our house was giving off radiation and they wanted to set up a $25 filter, I said no and they said they were going to call the FCC. They said "You really don't want to advertise to the FCC that you're doing that." What?! :lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So, I just had two people come to my door with a geiger counter saying our house was giving off radiation and they wanted to set up a $25 filter, I said no and they said they were going to call the FCC. They said "You really don't want to advertise to the FCC that you're doing that." What?! :lol

lolwat

so best case they wanted 25 bucks

worst case they wanted to scout out if you have valuables in the house

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
0 fucks given about ads and sprint. What a bunch of whiners.

You should. We want halo to be the best it can be and be as long lasting as can be.

We want this success far more than anyone at 343 could ever hope.

By shrugging off people who are trying to right the ship before it sinks, you're essentially becoming indifferent and allowing the collapse of a once great gaming franchise.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I have been playing halo since day 1, I guess I just don't mind change. In a shooter it just seems weird to not have ADS imo.

Acid08

Banned
You should. We want halo to be the best it can be and be as long lasting as can be.

By shrugging off people who are trying to right the ship before it sinks, you're essentially becoming indifferent and allowing the collapse of a once great gaming franchise.
The way this is written is straight up frightening. Gamers™

I'll get over it as there's no penalty to movement while aiming and hip fire is still just as accurate, but it'll cause some problems with descoping with the extra animation time.

Marvie_3

Banned

iNVIeNhhTX473.gif

Heretic

Dude, you might want to make sure you lock everything up tonight. This sounds familiar... don't want to alarm you but thieves go around scoping homes by using similar tactics. Could be people trying to pull a fast one and get a couple of dollars off of you but it's best to play it safe.

Dude, you might want to make sure you lock everything up tonight. This sounds familiar... don't want to alarm you but thieves go around scoping homes by using similar tactics. Could be people trying to pull a fast one and get a couple of dollars off of you but it's best to play it safe.

Yep. Sounds like they were trying to case your place man.

TUSR

Banned

they were looking inside your house for something to steal

Yep. Sounds like they were trying to case your place man.

they were looking inside your house for something to steal

Yeah I'm worried about that I should have called the cops when they were still in the neighborhood. :/

zroid

Banned
I have been playing halo since day 1, I guess I just don't mind change. In a shooter it just seems weird to not have ADS imo.

I don't play any of these games, but as a neutral observer, it sounds to me more like the opposite of change, no? People are complaining because it appears to be homogenization.

Spl1nter

Went to the leafs game last night, had amazing tickets that I got for free, 13th row just left of center ice, opposite side of the benches. Kessel's ability just doesn't translate to television. He is phenomenal live to watch live. Just the acceleration, speed, and ability to play at that speed. Hockey is such a different sport live, its mind boggling.

Heretic

I agree with you. Bought Halo:CE before I even had an Xbox. It sucks that a shit storm needs to be made for things to even be considered and sometimes it's unwarranted (ADS in this case). I want Halo to go back to it's roots but somethings have to change to keep up with modern shooters and sprint appears to be one of them.

Yeah, let's stagnate the genre and make sure every FPS plays exactly the same.
Load-outs and loss of rank did more damage to the franchise than sprint will ever do. Copying THAT part from COD was the worst thing to happen to Halo. While I agree that ADS doesn't belong as the defacto aiming standard for Halo, it doesn't appear to be headed in that direction.

ADS in Halo? Finally a halo I'll consider buying.

Nah, still don't care.
-.-

I'll get over it as there's no penalty to movement while aiming and hip fire is still just as accurate, but it'll cause some problems with descoping with the extra animation time.
This is huge and if it's how we think it'll be then this whole ordeal will be meaningless.

I thought you were whining about the company Sprint and their advertising.
lol!

We had two pretty shady dudes trying to come see our house when we were selling it when I was a kid. We never did an open house and they came to the door insisting that they be allowed to come in and look around w/o an appointment with a realtor. They sat out in our driveway talking for like 25 minutes before they ever came to the door. My mom told them they were welcome to come back if they made an appointment and they never did.

TUSR

Banned
We had two pretty shady dudes trying to come see our house when we were selling it when I was a kid. We never did an open house and they came to the door insisting that they be allowed to come in and look around w/o an appointment with a realtor. They sat out in our driveway talking for like 25 minutes before they ever came to the door. My mom told them they were welcome to come back if they made an appointment and they never did.

My favourite one was when this haggard old dude came to my door asking to collect donations to a high school soccer team.

I asked him what school, and he responded "KSS"

"Yeah... we don't have a soccer team"

He stood there silent for a good 15 seconds and walked away. I should probably have phoned the cops too.

Whenever someone comes to the door, I always go outside to talk to them.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The FCC would deal with cell phones and such.

Geiger counters are not used for cell radiation.

I didn't think they were talking about cell radiation but ACTUAL radiation. If cell radiation then LOL

iLLmAtlc

Am I the only one who never opens the door for unannounced strangers? I don't really want to stand there and listen to their sales pitch.

Though I hope there's nobody who's in need some actual help I've ignored. I always take a gander at the peep hole and don't recall seeing anybody flustered, so. >_>

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I don't play any of these games, but as a neutral observer, it sounds to me more like the opposite of change, no? People are complaining because it appears to be homogenization.

How is keeping it the same any different though? I don't know. It just doesn't bother me as much I guess.

Quick

Banned
Am I the only one who never opens the door for unannounced strangers? I don't really want to stand there and listen to their sales pitch.

Though I hope there's nobody who's in need some actual help I've ignored. I always take a gander at the peep hole and don't recall seeing anybody flustered, so. >_>

If you have a chain chain lock, you could always open the door with the chain lock still hooked on.

zroid

Banned
The NHL really ought to have a vaccination policy. I imagine it is incredibly easy to transmit pathogens between players, so herd immunity is especially important here.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
btw did you guys see this thread?. someone got the Smash 3DS/Wii U announcer to record custom lines for GAF. It's pretty much the most amazing thing ever.
Oh man, can we get him to say "Shut up Tabris?"

No changes for the Rangers tonight other than Lundqvist in goal. Oilers are mercifully sitting Ranger-killer Scrivens in favor of Fasth.

Top Bottom