• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Mostly our depleted defense. Losing Stralman wouldn't be a problem if we didn't also lose McDonagh, Dan Boyle, John Moore, and Kevin Klein.

Depth at center is also an issue, which is more directly related to losing Richards, exacerbated by losing Stepan.

Any trade rumors going on to fix these weak areas? I haven't heard anything from the media about anything going on. On the plus side, Duclair looks legit at least.

rielly D:

HE'LL BE FINE! FINE! DAMMIT! D:

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Any trade rumors going on to fix these weak areas? I haven't heard anything from the media about anything going on. On the plus side, Duclair looks legit at least.

HE'LL BE FINE! FINE! DAMMIT! D:
I've heard some rumors regarding trading Staal. Don't know what that's about though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I've heard some rumors regarding trading Staal. Don't know what that's about though.

I hope for the Rangers' sake that doesn't happen. That's a Richards just waiting to happen. Though maybe they can somehow swing a deal to get all Staals into NY.

LOL Ryan with the good check!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, missed opportunities in the pool

Benched Thornton cause I was expecting the Hawks to mess them out. Benched Scrivens cause I was expecting a bounceback by the Rangers. Benched Hjaalmarsson cause he hadn't been doing much for me.

Samyy

Guys gotta calm down on the Franson hate, he has been really good this year.
As Karlsson has so graciouslly illustrated to us this game mistakes happen

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Guys gotta calm down on the Franson hate, he has been really good this year.
As Karlsson has so graciouslly illustrated to us this game mistakes happen

He actually has been pretty decent, but I'm not sure we can keep him and there is a market for RHD.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You move him and our next best RHD is Polak no?
Tough situation.

True. My eye is on the cap though.

WIN!
3A8VcTn.gif

Proud of the boys tonight. They fought back from some backbreaking goals and Reimer continues to haunt the Snes! This was the 3rd game in 4 nights, so I was already expecting them to get tired, but the secondary scoring and supporting cast showed up!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Score high glove side 3 times during the game.

Shoot high glove side 0 times in shootout. Makes sense

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Leafs next three: Boston, Pittsburgh, Buffalo

Would be fantastic if we could get 2 of 3.

Man that is ugly....

Boston constantly has our number, but I hope the recent play has increased the confidence and for FUCK'S SAKE CARLYLE! I hope he and the assistants reviewed the last game to see how we can break out without getting smothered in the neutral zone.

Pittsburgh we generally play well against them, but Crosby and Hornqvist are magic this season, so I guess we'll see if we can shut them down.

Buffalo, 'should' be a win, and it would help them get McDavid, but they generally play hard against us and Neuvirth has been playing lights out; it's his shitty team that can't score that's causing the losses.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
.927 with 3 GAA....

too many god damn shots!

25-38......they gotta work on breaking up plays, preventing second chances, and a bit more neutral zone defence. They can get the goals, but as soon as they step off the pedal, there isn't much of a defence beyond the goalie to stop the other team.

edit: also MY LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEGE was -4 tonight. I wonder if he's tired or injured?

Samyy

Tied with the Bruins, 15 games and 18 points.
Would be a great time to show up against them on Wednesday.

25-38......they gotta work on breaking up plays, preventing second chances, and a bit more neutral zone defence. They can get the goals, but as soon as they step off the pedal, there isn't much of a defence beyond the goalie to stop the other team.

I don't like how quick they've been backing off the blue line so far.

Dorsett, Vrbata, Sbisa out.

DeFazio was called up.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Higgins-Bonino-Burrows
Matthias-Richardson-Jensen
Vey-Horvat-DeFazio

Edler-Tanev
Stanton-Bieksa
Hamhuis-Weber

Lack

Enjoy the points Ducks!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Meant to bring this up earlier. So the Bourque era in Montreal is over.

He hasn't played well and they got Sekac coming up who can take this dude's spot. If I were a Habs fan, I'd be happy with this. He's been dead weight and Bergevin is a GM that recognizes this and is tinkering when tinkering needs to be done (the anti-Cheveldayoff). That said...I wonder if Buffalo or some other team is going to pick him up?

Marvie_3

Banned
Meant to bring this up earlier. So the Bourque era in Montreal is over.

He hasn't played well and they got Sekac coming up who can take this dude's spot. If I were a Habs fan, I'd be happy with this. He's been dead weight and Bergevin is a GM that recognizes this and is tinkering when tinkering needs to be done (the anti-Cheveldayoff). That said...I wonder if Buffalo or some other team is going to pick him up?

I can't see any reason why Buffalo would claim him. He does nothing to help them now and he's not someone that can help them in the future.

Bork seems like the perfect guy for a team like Edmonton... or maybe Calgary?

Veteran. Can score (sometimes). Has a very hockeyesque name.

Top Bottom