• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've been away all day and just saw this....

Montreal waived Rene Bourque.

UnlawfulWillingAntbear.gif

I called it, good riddance you fucking bum. Bergevin stepping up again.

It was Parenteau for Bourque.
It was Parenteau for Bourque + Andrighetto, who is one of our best forward prospects and a kid that the Avs wanted before we grabbed him at the draft.

Marvie_3

Banned
It's a good thing the Hawks scored 3 in the 1st because the Sharks dominated a lot of that game. Good to see TVR get his first career goal. Really good job by our scouts to pick up on him. He's been awesome so far.

Meant to bring this up earlier. So the Bourque era in Montreal is over.

He hasn't played well and they got Sekac coming up who can take this dude's spot. If I were a Habs fan, I'd be happy with this. He's been dead weight and Bergevin is a GM that recognizes this and is tinkering when tinkering needs to be done (the anti-Cheveldayoff). That said...I wonder if Buffalo or some other team is going to pick him up?
Bork out and Sekac in is what I really want. As for a team hmmm no idea on who would take him. Oilers maybe ? I dunno

zroid

Banned
Somehow there have been as many fights in this game as the Leafs have had all season.

The Leafs led the league in fights last year.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The best part about Bork being gone is it should help Eller. He's playing his best hockey right now statistically, but has been anchored with Bork for 2 years. Hopefully playing with Sekac allows him to show more of his abilities.

For those keeping track, Eller is now outproducing Desharnais at even strength in tougher minutes, with worse linemates.
He's playing the toughest minutes on the team, with no power play time.

So...Marc-Andre Fleury has a better GAA than Luongo, Miller, Price, Rask, and a slew of others.

LOL
He's definitely the best goalie in the league.

Alucard

Banned
that's 'cause it's still the regular season

Historically, he's gone through hot and cold streaks in the regular season. He's been red hot lately. I'd have to look at his history to tell you if he's ever finished top 5 in any category except wins, though. He's usually in the top 20, but to see him top 10 in GAA and save percentage is just weird as a Pens fan, regardless of the fact that he's only played a dozen games.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a series of tweets with comments from Ulf Samuelsson from the second intermission tonight:
@PLeonardNYDN: So @jaygeemsg reported this from #NYR a. coach Ulf Samuelsson: “Collectively that could b our worst two periods I’ve seen since I got here"
@PLeonardNYDN: Cont'd: "... & that’s a lot of games. Hopefully this is a low point for us we are leaning on the leadership group of this team to rally... "
@PLeonardNYDN: Cont'd: "... the troops. It’s not about x’s and o’s right now. We are not competing at the level we need ... "
@PLeonardNYDN: Cont'd: "... We’re getting crushed by Edmonton. In our building. That is embarrassing.” Again, as per @jaygeemsg 2nd intermission report
Unfortunately for Ulfie it got even worse.

It may have been a one goal game (plus an empty netter), but realistically it wasn't even close.

omg lol

that is awesome

with your permission smack, can i use that image you made as an avatar?

Sure. I actually just searched for Vatanen, Batman, Vatman and that came up. It's somebody's Twitter profile pic.

Go ahead and use it.

And I don't know why he doesn't have pants. So everyone can see when the Dark Knight Rises?

Top Bottom