• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Quick

Banned
Yeah. They aren't going to sit there and count them.

ehhhhhh I'd have it in the 2050-1950 range.

This is why I like "x amount of words or x amount of pages". "Around x amount" is just annoying.

The difference here is this is being submitted online, so there would presumably be a word count, but "around 2000" just throws me off because it's not an exact number.

I had a professor that counted every word. If you didn't hit the number you failed. SHE WAS FUCKING CRAZY.

Kaep pls make this story more interesting for all of us. Is this the model teacher that wanted to bang, or the teacher model that you went out with that wanted to bang, or your other boss girl person that wanted to bang?

Quick

Banned
unless you are submitting it online with a word count, they wont check the physical copy.

tumblr_mqe3l0FUlY1saqds9o1_500.gif

I don't know this anime.

Kaep pls make this story more interesting for all of us. Is this the model teacher that wanted to bang, or the teacher model that you went out with that wanted to bang, or your other boss girl person that wanted to bang?

Nah she was a cat lady that wasn't attractive. The hot teacher is an art teach so I never have any actually homework.

I should have been an art student. Those people never have to do any homework.

Socreges

Banned
This is why I like "x amount of words or x amount of pages". "Around x amount" is just annoying.

The difference here is this is being submitted online, so there would presumably be a word count, but "around 2000" just throws me off because it's not an exact number.
You can only speculate as to what's acceptable. +/- 5%, I'd say. Don't go under 1900. Submit 1800 and you're risking a penalty for lack of content, imo.

Quick

Banned
You can only speculate as to what's acceptable. +/- 5%, I'd say. Don't go under 1900. Submit 1800 and you're risking a penalty for lack of content, imo.

Thanks Soc. This actually got me to fluff up my paper a bit more, ended up with 1,920 words.

Word counts are bullshit anyway. Big chunks of the paper ends up being needless fluff.

Basically this, but I do try not to add too much fluff.

iLLmAtlc

Ya I agree enforcing word counts is bullshit. It's an awful way to learn how to write IMO. Reducing words is such a valuable skill.

Montresor

Mirtle did a story on Leo Komarov: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...international-man-of-mystery/article21549365/

Learn all about his dad who was both a pro hockey player and a pro soccer player... plus other fun stuff!

From the article:

James Mirtle said:
Asked who his closest “comrades” in the league are, however, he doesn’t hesitate.

Looking around the Leafs dressing room after practice, Komarov says, simply, “They’re in here.”

Oh my. (>^-^)>

Marvie_3

Banned
Ya I agree enforcing word counts is bullshit. It's an awful way to learn how to write IMO. Reducing words is such a valuable skill.

This. I turned what was supposed to be a 30 page paper in at around 22 pages. Explained to the professor that anything else I could add was pure filler and I wasn't going to write anymore. Got an A on it.

zroid

Banned

I have never known a professor to use minimum word counts. Maximums make sense, and those are usually enforced. I've had my fair share of marks deducted for going over limits because I am dumb.

also:

B2NEzkYCMAA3cBl.jpg:large

FFS, Florida

trifelife

Fuck Kyle Turris, fuck Justin Morneau and fuck New Westminster
there's a really good video game store in New West

;_; two posts in ten seconds

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He looked pretty good defensively from what I saw. And you guys won 3-0...? /anecdotal #KeepTherrien
The final score was a lot more flattering then the actual result. Jets hit 3 posts, and both Kane and little missed open nets in the final minute. There's no situation where Prust should be leading the forwards.

Top Bottom