• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

kingslunk

After hours.

Are you guys able to write a paper efficiently? I waste so much time doing them. Today I spent most of the day trying to hammer it out and probably made it about half way (generous estimate).

Yesterday I couldn't really get anything done at all. :(

I wrote 12 pages in two hours once.

I procrastinate like crazy when it comes to writing papers though.

Has being first really helped many teams? Seems like the middle/late playoff teams do the best.

I remember reading somewhere that first place teams do go further on average. It probably seems the other way around because you're comparing one first place team to seven other teams who didn't place as well.

Of course that's being first place in April. Being first place in November is a whole 'nother story.

Has being first really helped many teams? Seems like the middle/late playoff teams do the best.

I can't seem to remember what happened the year the Canucks last won the President's Trophy.

Didn't it have something to do with destiny?

e: yup, definitely forgot that they won it the year after too. there goes that joke

zroid

Banned

I was watching an interview with a San Antonio Spurs player last night (not hockey, but I think it applies anyway), and he was saying the key for a contending team isn't to get the best seeding, but to stay healthy going into the post-season. I tend to agree with that.

DeadlyTemptingHart.gif

Weber got a 2 minute minor for this

Acid08

Banned
Line combos at practice are 2weird

Marleau-Thornton-Wingels
Pavelski-Couture-Nieto
Hertl-Sheppard-Goodrow
Kennedy-Desjardins-McGinn

Vlasic-Braun
Hannan-Burns
Irwin-Demers
(Mueller-Scott)

Burish finally scratched. The D pairs are a joke, they're legitimately really bad with the exception of Vlasic-Braun. Just waiting for the coaching staff to stick Pavelski as the 3C again hopefully.

Also Stalock got placed on injured reserve. Haven't said what the injury is but wouldn't be surprised if he hit his head on the ice when Roussel hit him. Roussel gave 110% to injury our goalie.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Per @GeorgeRichards, the five lowest reported crowds in franchise history at Florida Panthers home games have been their last 5 home games.
Move this franchise already.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Bernier tonight per my sources.

Also man just overheard this conversation about Connor McDavid:

"Yeah he broke his hand last night. He was supposed to be drafted but now he's done playing hockey forever"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Line combos at Rangers practice today:

Nash-Brassard-St.Louis
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Hayes-Stempniak
Glass-D.Moore-Fast/Duclair

Staal-Boyle
J.Moore-Girardi
Hunwick-Klein

Kaberle and Kostka skating as extras.

Dan Boyle is also at point on the power play, so it looks like he's good to go. All of a sudden we're back to 5 of our top 6 D in the lineup.

Incredible
If they weren't so expensive I'd definitely pick up multiple teams worth. I'm grabbing one of the Hawks ones for sure... maybe I will get the Ducks one too. I have a job and I don't really spend money so might as well blow it on bullshit like this occasionally.

Red_Man

If they weren't so expensive I'd definitely pick up multiple teams worth. I'm grabbing one of the Hawks ones for sure... maybe I will get the Ducks one too. I have a job and I don't really spend money so might as well blow it on bullshit like this occasionally.
The quality on them is really nice, I'm genuinely impressed. Was expecting a cheap sweater and them using it as a money grab. They're not thick, but I hate thick sweaters anyways.

The quality on them is really nice, I'm genuinely impressed. Was expecting a cheap sweater and them using it as a money grab. They're not thick, but I hate thick sweaters anyways.

Did you get the Habs one? That's great to hear that the quality is good, i'm assuming the whatever shirt size you would wear is the one to pick up for the sweater right? (Hawks are out of mediums for the one I want currently).

This is such clown shit.

This too. Did Bishop get a penalty?

Smith got called for a penalty (goalie interference)

Red_Man

Did you get the Habs one? That's great to hear that the quality is good, i'm assuming the whatever shirt size you would wear is the one to pick up for the sweater right? (Hawks are out of mediums for the one I want currently).
Yea, it just came in today. I'm really pleased it with, it's a thin sweater, but wear a shirt underneath it and you'll be fine. I've been wearing it for a few hours and it's quite warm. I grabbed a medium and it fits great.

Yea, it just came in today. I'm really pleased it with, it's a thin sweater, but wear a shirt underneath it and you'll be fine. I've been wearing it for a few hours and it's quite warm. I grabbed a medium and it fits great.

Niiiice. That's great, I'm glad you like the sweater

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
My Habs ugly Christmas sweater came in today. It's amazing, and everything I hoped it would be.

At least Beaulieu gets to stay, of the two I prefer Tinordi is sent down. Still has to gain some consistency in his play.

Saw them in a sports store around here last week but they were more expensive than online I think. Was thinking about picking one up for my brother, how long did it take to ship?

Red_Man

Saw them in a sports store around here last week but they were more expensive than online I think. Was thinking about picking one up for my brother, how long did it take to ship?
It was $80 online or $100 with shipping and it took about two weeks, but I think it was received at my post office sooner because the website I ordered from never gave me notification that it had been delivered. I randomly called today and they said they had it. I got it off of tricoloresports which is the Habs new online store. It's based in Quebec so shipping shouldn't take long.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

The best part about reading Don Cherry parodies, Quick included, is automatically accounting for him losing his voice during his speeches.

It was $80 online or $100 with shipping and it took about two weeks, but I think it was received at my post office sooner because the website I ordered from never gave me notification that it had been delivered. I randomly called today and they said they had it. I got it off of tricoloresports which is the Habs new online store. It's based in Quebec so shipping shouldn't take long.

Oh didn't realise there was a shipping cost too, it would be cheaper to get it in store for me, and $80 is pretty expensive for a Christmas present.

Top Bottom